• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation E3 Experience 2017: Live in Theaters June 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link.

E3 is almost here and I’m excited to announce that the PlayStation E3 Experience is returning for 2017! Join us on Monday, June 12th in over 85 theaters across the United States, Canada, and Latin America.

This is the third year we’re broadcasting our E3 Press Conference live to theaters across North America and I can’t wait to bring the excitement of E3 straight to you. Watching the announcements and news alongside other members of the PlayStation community is an experience like no other.

Attendees will take home an exclusive poster and #76 from the PlayStation Collectable Card series. This will be the only way to get your hands on these, so don’t miss out! Want more than just limited edition swag? We’ve got you covered — everyone will also get a digital gift basket chock-full of goodies from PlayStation Store.

Tickets for US and Canada
Tickets are 100% free and will be available at playstation.com/E3experience starting Tuesday, May 30th at 10:00 AM PT while supplies last. To register for a ticket, you will need to create a free Gofobo account. Tickets will be sent to the email address used to create your Gofobo account.

Attendees who have registered for a ticket will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis until the theater reaches capacity. Make sure to arrive early! Receiving a ticket does not guarantee you a seat. Attendees must be 17 years of age or older to attend this event. A valid form of ID providing age will be required to enter.

Tickets for Latin America
If you’re a PlayStation fan in Brazil check blog.br.playstation.com soon for more details on which theaters are participating and how to get your tickets.

Places at the link. Lock if old.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sounds like we can only get one ticket this year. Damn. Was hoping that I could get two for me and a friend like last year

Majine

Banned
Just made me stop to think, E3 press conferences have come a long way...

From slides with graphs and sales numbers, to actually being able to go to a theater as a consumer to watch it.

Damn, I wish there was one in Quebec City, not as huge as Montreal on devs but still a lot of people here that could be interested.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Attendees who have registered for a ticket will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis until the theater reaches capacity. Make sure to arrive early! Receiving a ticket does not guarantee you a seat.

This sounds bad. Last year they just had a waitlist for people that didn't get into the first wave. I think everyone at the theater I went to got in.

Meanwhile in the UK...

Isn't it in the middle of the night for the UK, like, 2am-4am as normal?

I can get why being left out of this would annoy you, but none of my local cinemas are even open at the time the E3 conference happens, and bluntly, it's not going to be anywhere near the importance level of, say, a midnight launch of the latest marvel blockbuster or similar to the cinemas bottom line.

Jotaka

Meanwhile in the UK...

7qNTrHN.gif

Isn't it in the middle of the night for the UK, like, 2am-4am as normal?

I can get why being left out of this would annoy you, but none of my local cinemas are even open at the time the E3 conference happens, and bluntly, it's not going to be anywhere near the importance level of, say, a midnight launch of the latest marvel blockbuster or similar to the cinemas bottom line.

The reason it works in America is because its like 8pm on a Monday for example,
The screen is essentially useless and the theater thinks they can make more money off the people buying snacks than would be watching anything else at that time.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Like I said in the other thread, if you plan on going , I would suggest making a Gofobo account before the tickets go up.

LaneDS

Not at all liking the verbage on how getting a ticket doesn't guarantee you entry, even if I imagine it'll work out fine.

KarasuEXE

If you’re a PlayStation fan in Brazil check blog.br.playstation.com soon for more details on which theaters are participating and how to get your tickets.

I'm refreshing the page like crazy lol

Not at all liking the verbage on how getting a ticket doesn't guarantee you entry, even if I imagine it'll work out fine.

Im really hoping its just the new ticket people covering themselves.
Even before if you had a ticket but got there later than like 20till waiting list jumped you.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
OH MY GOODNESS! I've been waiting for this and almost had a heart attack that there were no showings in Pittsburgh! Then I saw it's in Tarentum at the IMAX which is my favorite theater! Still gotta drive 40 minutes to get there but do that once a week anyway. Man I love these events. 2015 was BONKERS! I mean they started with TLG and everyone went nuts, then FF7 everyone just about had a heart attack and you couldn't even hear the next announcements, then finally Shenmue everyone just didn't care about anything afterwards. Our lord and savior Kaz had tripled Mary's production by birthing 3 miracles.

yurinka

It's a shame they don't do this in Sony land. This would be a big success in some European countries like Spain.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Omg I didn't see my theater in SC and got scared. They just moved it to a different one this year 😅

same here. It usually says "Pittsburgh" for my theater but instead they used a suburb of Pittsburgh and it's actually one closer to me than it has been in the past! Thought it would be weird for them to remove it since it's been sold out quickly every year here.

It's a shame they don't do this in Sony land. This would be a big success in some European countries like Spain.

You guys really need to get on to Sony about this for Gamescom, TGS or something.
From a fan perspective it would be good but makes zero since on the venue's part.

YES! Salt Lake City again! I'm super happy!

But this Gofobo account thing...don't remember making this for the event last year. I just make one so hopefully it makes things easier.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I been waiting for this! Guess I'm going out to Surprise this year. Last year was great because it was within walking distance lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom