• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjac

Finally Solid Snake Returns
530-90_58e30f770b691.jpg
Yep, that's pretty great

I just wonder how Ready At Dawn, regardless of the quality of the game, thinks they might be able to compete with the current MP titles. I mean you have so many free ones like Paragon, Paladins, Smite, LoL, Dota, HotS etc.
Then some cheap priced ones like Rocket League and "full priced" ones like OW.

I mean the game actually looks fun, but I personally cant see it being the next Rocket League and having a dead community soon like Super MNC.

Edit: Also for GermanGAF. Deponia Doomsday can be bought for 4,70€ in the newest Computer Bild (Steamkey).

Nillansan

It will be fine. He likes showing early progress and show how the game transforms based on Momodora 4 development and we shall see how things polish. What we saw is pretty much the prototype showing the skeleton of the game and the idea of the visuals it may go for. It will be fine in the end most likely.

Going by their track record I have no reason to doubt that they'll deliver a solid game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Going by their track record I have no reason to doubt that they'll deliver a solid game.

Im pretty hyped because that as early on as it might be shows potential of what they will bring. It will be spectacular when they got everything going with the effects and proper shaders, animations ,etc. Just hope the performance is not a mess considering the engine at hand.

Nillansan

Im pretty hyped because that as early on as it might be shows potential of what they will bring. It will be spectacular when they got everything going with the effects and proper shaders, animations ,etc. Just hope the performance is not a mess considering the engine at hand.

I've been told that the latest iteration of Unity is somewhat better in terms of optimisation options, but yes the engine choice has me slightly worried. I wonder if they went with Unity partly to do a simultaneous multi-platform release and ease the overall process of doing a multi-platform release. Also, have some screen shots (I couldn't find any high resolution shots).

AHA-Lambda

Well I've spent a couple hours with Yooka Laylee so far, and I'll certainly say that while I'm not blown away by it (as it seems to be largely what I had expected it to be), there's certainly nothing outright bad here =/

The camera certainly can get stuck on geometry at times but it's not that frequent or irksome
Worst I can say is the "voice acting" is nails on chalk board stuff, and was quickly muted.
Oh, and the quiz sections are f*cking dumb.

Lain

Considering the quality animations in Momodora 4, I doubt 5 won't keep the same level of craftmanship once it'll be release time, even though they're going 3D. The trailer wasn't anything great in itself, but it showed what direction the game is going to go in and I can appreciate that.

Tizoc

I slacked off a bit during this month, but at least I managed to complete my 85th game this year.

Granted it is a re-play but it was a fun game and I recommend y'all play it; Shock Troopers. It's short enough to beat in under an hour and its length is pretty good.

lmfaoooo it's worth 40

Why is that so funny? Not everyone has the budget to buy every game that interests them at all for full price. I only buy games at a deep discount, unless I'm some crazy superfan of the developer. Hell, I think the last game I bought at launch for full price was Overwatch.

It's not about what the game is worth in general, but what it's worth to them.

Kadin

Any ideas as to why my games are no longer updating by themselves when I leave Steam open in the background. The icon on the taskbar will have a yellow sliver an when I open steam I see an update queued. Maybe this has been something changed for a while but I've never noticed it until now.

Any ideas as to why my games are no longer updating by themselves when I leave Steam open in the background. The icon on the taskbar will have a yellow sliver an when I open steam I see an update queued. Maybe this has been something changed for a while but I've never noticed it until now.

Sometimes I find I have to go into the download tabs and "force" a game to update by putting it to the top of the queue. Maybe it's intentionally not doing it during prime playing/PC usage time? Not sure, TBH.

Kadin

Sometimes I find I have to go into the download tabs and "force" a game to update by putting it to the top of the queue. Maybe it's intentionally not doing it during prime playing/PC usage time? Not sure, TBH.
Most of the time it's happening when I'm not playing anything, I'll just notice the icon change and then go into it and shows something queued. I double click it and it opens a little window which requires me to click update and then the option to play is there. It's weird, it's like auto updates got turned off somehow (but they still show to be updated automatically within properties). For example I just had one for Terraria show up a bit before I created the original question.

Most of the time it's happening when I'm not playing anything, I'll just notice the icon change and then go into it and shows something queued. I double click it and it opens a little window which requires me to click update and then the option to play is there. It's weird, it's like auto updates got turned off somehow (but they still show to be updated automatically within properties). For example I just had one for Terraria show up a bit before I created the original question.

I just mean it may be scheduling it for late at night so as to not interfere with things like Netflix, or online games not on Steam, etc. But I can't say for sure. I've noticed the same issue as well though.

Kadin

I just mean it may be scheduling it for late at night so as to not interfere with things like Netflix, or online games not on Steam, etc. But I can't say for sure. I've noticed the same issue as well though.
Gotcha. Is this what your icon looks like when it happens to you as well?

90cd6691e0.png

I did notice a thread on reddit about it so it looks like it's maybe a bug. Either way I'll just do what I've been doing, wanted to make sure I didn't change something by accident somehow.

Is your avvy that dev from Double Fine? Is it you? I've been watching Amnesia Fortnight and it looks like that guy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Those cybercafes or Internetbars in huge in China, because the parents dont want the children to play games while in middle/high-school, because that might affect their grades.

So the teenagers just tell the parents they go to learn with some friends, do an overnight study session and just spend the whole night with friends having a "Lan party" there.

There was an internet bar close to where I lived and 95% of the people in there are teenagers who go there straight after school.

Yup, same reasoning here in my country. Although cybercafes are now uncommon vs. coin op PC "rooms".

90cd6691e0.png

I did notice a thread on reddit about it so it looks like it's maybe a bug. Either way I'll just do what I've been doing, wanted to make sure I didn't change something by accident somehow.
Yup, that's what it looks like. It's not a big enough deal for me to actively try to fix it though.

Is your avvy that dev from Double Fine? Is it you? I've been watching Amnesia Fortnight and it looks like that guy.

No, I (unfortunately) don't work for Double Fine. Do you, by chance, mean Brad Muir?

190659cc89dc9109255e72cc3741a514.jpg

If not, I'd like to know who else I look like. I find it interesting, haha.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think it's a problem with updates now being "scheduled" than immediate. It's why they'll appear on queue but won't update/download until they reach a certain time. I don't think there's a setting for it right now sadly.

yuraya

90cd6691e0.png

I've had this bug for weeks now. I think it started after I paused a game download and then cancelled it. Or it may have been when I paused/cancelled an update for a game.

Kadin

I've had this bug for weeks now. I think it started after I paused a game download and then cancelled it. Or it may have been when I paused/cancelled an update for a game.
I read another article about resetting the download cache in Steam so I did that and we'll see if it fixes it. I don't want to make it seem like it's a huge deal but I don't like coming back to the computer and having an update just sitting there waiting for me to tell it to do its job.

Ozium

Why is that so funny? Not everyone has the budget to buy every game that interests them at all for full price. I only buy games at a deep discount, unless I'm some crazy superfan of the developer. Hell, I think the last game I bought at launch for full price was Overwatch.

It's not about what the game is worth in general, but what it's worth to them.

Don't mind him. He's annoyed that people don't think the game is worth $40. Which is mildly ironic given that last year he went on a tirade about how The Witness wasn't worth $40 :p

nah it's just an in-joke between me and him but let's just jump to conclusions and take the worst possible angle on something in order to create drama

also I'm not annoyed that people don't think the game is worth $40, not sure how you gleaned that from a response to hero prinny. I've said in the past the game is good, but go ahead and spin it whatever way makes you guys feel better about yourselves

Brad is lost to the DOTA 2 abyss (left for Valve). I'm thinking of Derek Brand.
https://youtu.be/575mAXrDOpQ?t=13m6s
Wow, that is pretty close! If I ever get into writing for games, DF is definitely one of the places I'd be interested it working at.

nah it's just an in-joke between me and him but let's just jump to conclusions and take the worst possible angle on something in order to create drama

also I'm not annoyed that people don't think the game is worth $40, not sure how you gleaned that from a response to hero prinny. I've said in the past the game is good, but go ahead and spin it whatever way makes you guys feel better about yourselves

Uhm, what? You don't understand how your post could come across as dismissive/rude to someone holding off on buying the game? It's cool that it's an in-joke, but by definition that means not everyone is in on it.

Plus, my reply was pretty level-headed, so I don't know why you think I'm upset or taking "the worst possible angle on something in order to create drama." Like, wut.

Anteater

Ha. :) I can be cool at times, but I can also be mysterious.

As I mentioned before, we always have more stuff in the pipeline. I'm mindful of what the fans want. That's how we greenlit DDDA for Steam.

Edit: BTW, I am immensely happy for Sega, PG, Bayo, and the fans who have been waiting for it. Insta-purchased it myself. I played it to 100% completion on Xbox 360.

oo I missed this reply, <3

yeah it was because of Bayo that got me thinking about Okami, since it's by the same creator, seeing it in 60fps would be so awesome

that said, good job on the ports, there are so many games in capcom's catalog that you can't really go wrong with most of the choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom