• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Echo Dot was showing for free on Amazon Prime

Anyone else feel a bit guilty about these types of situations? (Assuming it goes through...)

It's stealing at worst, dishonest at best. You know it's a mistake and you're capitalizing on it. Especially the people who are saying "I don't even know what this thing is."

I ordered one on impulse but I'm tempted to just cancel it before they cancel it for me.

You can use it to play music, ask it questions (like Siri or Google Assistant), use it to control smart home things like lights & thermostat, control your home theater if you have samsung hub or logitech harmony hub, check the weather etc..

Oh. So it's never coming out of the box then.

Only got one before I even thought of trying to order another one. But the deal is dead now.

Still hope my one order gets shipped though!

EDIT: Preparing for Shipment!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mine is preparing to ship...

To my old address lol. Forgot to change my default when I moved.

The fact that it lets you use the credit multiple times assures that these will get cancelled. I could maybe see them honoring if you could just do one.
They did honor the Prime Day error, but this is less likely. Can't imagine Amazon shipping out 10+ Dots to the same address for free. Courtesy credit probably incoming.

ryan299

Ordered two. One on a prime account and another on a normal account with free standard shipping. I don't expect to receive either lol

Maxinas

Anyone else feel a bit guilty about these types of situations? (Assuming it goes through...)

It's stealing at worst, dishonest at best. You know it's a mistake and you're capitalizing on it. Especially the people who are saying "I don't even know what this thing is."

I ordered one on impulse but I'm tempted to just cancel it before they cancel it for me.

Amazon probably makes hundreds of thousands of dollars through sales every second, and you still feel bad?

Poppy

not really, they have the power to cancel it

i would say if someone was the type of person to get mad when amazon cancels a pricing error though, they are probably a massive tool

theWB27

How is it any of these when Amazon has the final say whether they honor it or not?

On another note, how does Wario64 find this stuff? No doubt, if you want an SNES classic preorder (in North America), you best be following him and watching closely over the next couple weeks.

Dug

Banned
On another note, how does Wario64 find this stuff? No doubt, if you want an SNES classic preorder (in North America), you best be following him and watching closely over the next couple weeks.
I6kozlm.jpg

Anyone got a few with one to spare, they'd like to donate to an EU peasant that never gets deals like these 😅

I'll pay shipping obviously

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Wario is really 64 people, hence the name on the account.

DOWN

Banned
People who contact amazon about these mistakes or try to order multiple on one account are not smart at all.

I ordered one and completely forgot I've had one since Prime Day when it was $30 and just never use it.

If the order goes through then Amazon just has another device to listen to me on my second floor. Who swindled who here?

ryan299

I changed shipping to tomorrow, which I think was a mistake. I think when you change shipping you jump to the end of the list.

louiedog

I feel zero sympathy at all if we end up getting these.

Amazon is a huge company. They can take the loss.

It's also a device based around their services. Depending on the hardware cost it might still generate profit from a lot of those who got it free.

Top Bottom