• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Matsukaze

Caught up with Shitstorm.

Night Trap was as stupidly hilarious as I expected it would be.

The Witch's House was great. Matt's panicked reactions were amazing.

Home Sweet Home is one of the best in Shitstorm history. Admittedly, it might be considered cheating seeing as this was a 3-parter, but it's just top-tier stuff.

Strimei

That's... how Gamora looks always?

Bear in mind the only knowledge I have of her comes from MCU. The last comic I read was the main Civil War stuff years ago and even that was just the trade paperback or whatever.

She doesn't really have it there, far as I can see. Maybe a slight gold tint. Not that hideous yellow goop.

Home Sweet Home is one of the best in Shitstorm history. Admittedly, it might be considered cheating seeing as this was a 3-parter, but it's just top-tier stuff.

Anything that has the duo devolve into scare-laughter like the hand did (or the bathroom) makes things great, I think.

Also Home Sweet Home actually had my own heart racing, particularly with that absurdly dark area around the police station.

Man, I'm finally watching that part 1 of the MvCI Story mode playthrough, and that Thor shoulder cape thing is just going to bug me every time I see it now.

Anung

Un Rama
Oh nice! Clive Barkers Undying is underrated as hell. Really good game that is often forgotten.

Little behind on the Shitstorm this year because real life so need to catch up. Sounds hype from what y'all are saying.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Quick shout out to Fat4all for recomending Danganropa forever ago. Just got it on a whim and Im having a blast. Side note: Ultra despair girls continues to be the worst LP as all those spoilers I thought I didn't care about has made the early game cases really easy to figure out.

Fat4all

Banned
Quick shout out to Fat4all for recomending Danganropa forever ago. Just got it on a whim and Im having a blast. Side note: Ultra despair girls continues to be the worst LP as all those spoilers I thought I didn't care about has made the early game cases really easy to figure out.

It’s a fun time. I blasted through 1 and 2 super quick.

Frimaire

Yeah, I played it like a month ago and was lucky enough to have forgotten most of the spoilers they mention in the UDG LP.

Fat4all

Banned
I picked up The Evil Within 2 today for three reasons:

1. While I was sour on the first game, I still liked some of its ideas and moment-to-moment gameplay set pieces.

2. Everything I’ve seen of 2 looks pretty enticing to me and has me wanting to jump in.

3. I want to know exactly how badly Pat fucks up playing the game, and yell at the screen every time he misses secret shit.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I was close to getting it, but when i found out it was open world I had flashbacks to Downpour (which I bought at full price) and went "NOPE! Been down this road before"

Fat4all

Banned
The open world gameplay I’ve seen is actually what pushed me over the edge on buying it.

There’s a lot more emphasis on sneaking around and scavenging.

Fat4all

Banned

Oh, a quick tip I picked up from Liam.

If you intend on playing Danganronpa V3, make sure you download and play the demo first.

It’s a standalone thing, and it unlocks stuff for the main game (skills and coins).

Anung

Un Rama
I was close to getting it, but when i found out it was open world I had flashbacks to Downpour (which I bought at full price) and went "NOPE! Been down this road before"

It's basically open world in the way the old Silent Hill games were. Just semi-open hub areas. It's like downpour but with good atmosphere and competence.

RevenWolf

I picked up The Evil Within 2 today for three reasons:

1. While I was sour on the first game, I still liked some of its ideas and moment-to-moment gameplay set pieces.

2. Everything I’ve seen of 2 looks pretty enticing to me and has me wanting to jump in.

3. I want to know exactly how badly Pat fucks up playing the game, and yell at the screen every time he misses secret shit.

You're probably past the point I've gotten at this point as I haven't had much time with it, but as someone that greatly disliked the first game, I can honestly say that I'm really enjoying TEW2 and that it fixed the majority of issues I had with the first one.

Also yeah Pat missing stuff is one of life's little pleasures, especially when he comments about needing X , when X is directly on screen then walks away. Cackling for days, no idea why but it's truly hilarious and I love it.

Squishy3

early evil within 2 feels pretty bad compared to the first game but better once you get some upgrades going

kinda miss the match mechanic because it rewarded smart play in bunching up the enemies to knock one over and kill a few, and it was a resource separate from your ammo so you could play smart even when you had limited amounts of ammo

Fat4all

Banned
Evil Within 2 is pretty difficult for someone like me who likes to be thorough, but I’m enjoying it so far.

Stealth is a lot more fun.

Evil Within 2 is pretty difficult for someone like me who likes to be thorough, but I’m enjoying it so far.

Stealth is a lot more fun.

The stealth is rad until you
get to the fake L4D witches that you can't stealth kill. I get some monsters need to be stronger, but she looks weak, haha.

Anung

Un Rama
That's not stealth, but noted :)

If you do it from far enough away it doesn't alert anyone.

Shitstorm seems to be the only time of the year where I find myself coming back to their videos. One offs are the best.

It's the best time of year, has the best duo and plays to their strengths. I'm pretty checked out on their content these days but I've been loving this Shitstorm.

Harsh words from Woolie in the latest podcast. I'm the type of guy who opted to play P4 vanilla instead of Golden. Though I intend to play Golden some day as well.

Edzi

Just that anyone who opts to play P3 or P4 vanilla over FES or Golden is a fool.

Eh, they're not nearly as integral as he seems to think they are. FES is nice, but the The Answer is better off viewed as a movie instead of playing through it. Golden has the same problem all the p4 offshoots do, they just kept milking that series and adding unnecessary bloat. I'm sure some of the new story beats/social links were fine, but I hate the idea of adding more story stuff to an already finished RPG. None of it affects your overall enjoyment of that game, and I'd argue it actually hurts it if you played the original before the updated version.

Top Bottom