• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only do I expect issues during Early Access but I also anticipate a rough launch [at least for the first couple days]. :(

It likely won't affect me as well as it might others, since I probably won't have my PC CE until a week after launch, but I'm really hoping that the above doesn't come to pass. I know how insufferable Open Beta/Phase 4 was, so if that process repeats itself [which it likely will]...

Let us hope that does not happen.

I'm honestly expecting the worst. I'll enjoy the 5.4 Warcraft patch in the meantime. :/

gillty

Banned
u63kzl4o1o.gif

This just might be the best OT I've ever seen. Nicely done!

I'm relieved to see that my PC Collector's Edition shipped via Digital River today. Unfortunately, I live in Canada and didn't opt for the expensive [$30+!] shipping, so I probably won't receive it for a few weeks.

Regardless, I am excited!

*cue Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare music*

Every time I begin to wish I got the physical collectors edition, I remember Digital River. Good luck with receiving it.

jiggle

is it safe for me to enter my ps3 early access code yet?
i think i saw something about it not being able to tell the dif between pc/ps3 version?

kierwynn

Great OT!

I'm so ready for early access. I have some articles I need to read before I start grad school Monday, but I'm just so anxious for this that it's hard to focus. Really need to try to get that done in the next few days.

Oh, meant to ask this a bit ago. Did they ever state the specifics of what that first 30-day Veteran rewards can alter about your character? I assume it can alter appearance at base level, but mayhaps gender as well. What I'm wondering is if it'll let players change their names if it can indeed alter that and even things like race or even name as well.

Just to be sure, veteran time won't be processed till things like the 'Welcome Back' program and free month time blocks are up, correct? Figuring out when that'd be due to slightly messing up my 1.0 character when I went to change the appearance and such. Believe I saw the potion or at least some time of service being mentioned in this past Live Letter, but wasn't sure to what extent for either.

From the item description that I say, it mentions gender, but not name.

Animekatt

I said WOW! What a lovely OP for a lovely game. Thanks a lot for the hard work ebil, Riposte, and Jijidasu.

#teamgridania

Yeah, the thread just isn't going to look good for anybody using lower resolutions or without maximized browsers, because we have code to automatically scale down images that are too wide.
I have images turned off during weekdays, so it's the worst type of OP for me. I'm sure it'll be very nice and all when turned on, but this ensures I won't be able to see it until the weekend. CTRL+F'in for any information like a release date is out of the question now as well. At least it's an improvement over one of the last Beta threads, which had the thread title full of weird characters that prevented me from even searching for it by name. I guess I'll be waiting for the text-friendly version for now.

Alucrid

Banned
This two week break coming up couldn't have been at a better time. Can't....wait....

edit: FYI white mage link seems to be broken

ebil

Is it maybe possible you could provide some links OP, to information sites or wiki's ?
A whole post is coming later with a lot more information. In the meanwhile, I suggest you try clicking the many links in the OP. Everything ig not up yet as the Official Forums and Lodestone are in a limbo right now (and I just don't have all the links yet), but you might stumble upon interesting information and wikis.

edit: FYI white mage link seems to be broken
Should be fixed. Some links gave me trouble and I'll make some adjustments after I get some sleep.

chrono01

Every time I begin to wish I got the physical collectors edition, I remember Digital River. Good luck with receiving it.
Thanks for the good luck!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. While I'm glad to see that it shipped prior to release, I'm a bit concerned that I don't have tracking since it's one of the cheaper shipping methods. I just hope it arrives safely and undamaged.

Emitan

I have images turned off during weekdays, so it's the worst type of OP for me. I'm sure it'll be very nice and all when turned on, but this ensures I won't be able to see it until the weekend. CTRL+F'in for any information like a release date is out of the question now as well. At least it's an improvement over one of the last Beta threads, which had the thread title full of weird characters that prevented me from even searching for it by name. I guess I'll be waiting for the text-friendly version for now.

When they were asking for feedback on the OT when it was being made I made sure to ask for a text only version. It's coming soon.

androidcandy

Neo Member
Great job on the OT! I am so excited for this Saturday; I finally get to level a character that won't be wiped. My first order of business will be to get my freakin Chocobo, and then Choco and I will defeat Cancer.

Paprikka

Beautiful OP, can't wait to start playing again. And after seeing people starting to get shipping notices for the CE I'm getting cautiously optimistic I'll get mine without problems.

Just need to get this pre-order code mess to get sorted out and everything will be golden.

So anyways guys, both Nvidia and AMD have released beta drivers on the eve of ARR.

Nvidia released ForceWare version 326.80 Beta, it got me almost 1000 points for free on the benchmark with identical settings so they definitely have been optimizing the drivers leading up to ARR's relese. The previous drivers have had a lot of complaints regarding stability in the beta clients, hopefully Nvidia has been cleaning that up before release.

AMD released Catalyst 13.9 Beta2, which is the first driver for ARR under the Gaming Evolved banner. Among other things, this driver adds official CrossFire support for ARR and improves performance and stability.

Firehead

So anyways guys, both Nvidia and AMD have released beta drivers on the eve of ARR.

Nvidia released ForceWare version 326.80 Beta, it got me almost 1000 points for free on the benchmark with identical settings so they definitely have been optimizing the drivers leading up to ARR's relese. The previous drivers have had a lot of complaints regarding stability in the beta clients, hopefully Nvidia has been cleaning that up before release.

AMD released Catalyst 13.9 Beta2, which is the first driver for ARR under the Gaming Evolved banner. Among other things, this driver adds official CrossFire support for ARR and improves performance and stability.

Excellent, was curious if the new update might have some optimisations for ARR. Good to hear.

rodan

Neo Member
Great OP!

Really looking forward to this, although I will miss early access. My character is on a Japanese server due to beta 4 shananagans, so will have to reroll again, looking forward to being able to keep my progress.

dc89

I played 1.0 for a very brief period of time, maybe I will come back to this. I'm pretty tempted to hold off until the PS4 version though, I've just got too many games to play when I factor in everything I need to finish, GTA and PS4 coming in November.

ReaperXL7

Really dug the Beta despite 3102, im just really debating on picking it up off of psn, or just holding out for the PS4 version of the game. The fact that I now already have a built up character waiting for me is making me lean into just buying it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom