• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freki

I really like the way injected SMAA looks with this game. It's like the in-game AA minus the blurriness, yet not artificial looking like the sharpening filter.

It works fine with the beta but I hope this won't get detected as a hack with the retail release. Someone please test this for me ;)

How is this achieved? Would like to try it myself.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaah, I hate how there seems to be no benefit to playing the game solo (first time) :(

Pre-purchased and the client is downloading. I liked the open beta a lot, so this will probably be the only game I need through this whole summer. I am such a sucker for loot-based games, and I don't care about the 'repetition' at all.

Risible

The benefit is being able to play the game at your own pace.

Yep. This is exactly why my first play-through will be solo. I want to enjoy the atmosphere, read the lore, and just immerse myself in the game.

Subsequent play-throughs will be co-op.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I worry about my health when this game is out...

I barely survived Dark Souls... what will happen to me ._.?

kyubajin

Just be careful in the bathroom :D Man, I still remember your DkS odyssey, it was sorta kinda fun to read...

Edit: I learned my lesson and it's Amazon UK this time around! The only question is how long will it take from release day until I gave the glorious CE in my hands.

Yoshichan

Just be careful in the bathroom :D Man, I still remember your DkS odyssey, it was sorta kinda fun to read...
What a fucking mess it was :lol

Oh geez. I'm only 15-20ish hours into Dark Souls. I wonder how bad it will be whenever I get back to it. (I rage quit after being cursed by a salamander on my way to Blighttown.)

And I still have Skyrim to finish.

Welp, those can wait, among the other games in my backlog. At least I finished Mass Effect 3! (although I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing.)

TylerD

Been kicking ass with my sword and shield Witch Doctor thanks to Soul Harvest. 73 dps (with 5 stack) one handed? Yes please.

99%

I got up to 96 dps yesterday with Soul Harvest, but my dagger is only 15 dps :/

Get some rings from the vendor with +dmg, and craft some +int gear TylerD. Also got a +dmg Wanga Doll.

I got 75 Int atm and I def could push over a 100dps with one more piece of int gear.

Kalnos

Banned
I'm *that* guy who criticized the difficulty but your group is a bit overleveled for him and he's the first "real" boss, so of course he's easy.

Also, you're going to be playing a lot to try the harder modes come release day...

maharg

idspispopd
For being the equivalent of blood raven in a full game on normal with all players there and fighting it actually looked way more difficult oddly enough.

Just the fact he didn't die in 3 seconds makes it feel more difficult to me as blood raven would have.

Yeah. The only time I had what I would call an easy time (for what he is) with the Skeleton King was with my first character, a sorceress.

TylerD

I got up to 96 dps yesterday with Soul Harvest, but my dagger is only 15 dps :/

Get some rings from the vendor with +dmg, and craft some +int gear TylerD. Also got a +dmg Wanga Doll.

I got 75 Int atm and I def could push over a 100dps with one more piece of int gear.

I did get some more int gear a wanga doll and with a 15 dps + poison dmg club, soul harvest 5 stack and dire bats was critting for over 270.

I'm guessing if you create a character and play on the European servers then that character will be stuck on the European servers, is that correct?

That was how it worked in diablo 2, so I assume it will be the same idea in 3. I am unsure if they have stated so explicitly though.

ToD_

It doesn'tw rok with AA enabled?

You're asking if you can't use SMAA with AA in the game? Well, yes you can have both enabled but it's pointless. The reason for SMAA is to get rid of the blur the in-game AA (FXAA) gives. If you have both enabled it negates the benefits of SMAA - blurry.

Has anybody been using frenzy for the barb a lot? I used to for a bit in the open beta but it seemed weak in comparison to cleave. I'm really hoping they make it better this time around; useless in diablo 2 after all the patches. Also, when you build up your attack speed with frenzy, that does not apply to other attacks, correct?

99%

I did get some more int gear a wanga doll and with a 15 dps + poison dmg club, soul harvest 5 stack and dire bats was critting for over 270.

Its mad right?

And you know what, you dont even need the skill, Ive been running around without it no probs. I think it would be really hard to use in Hell/Inferno anyway.

Maybe run into a group, soul harvest, then fear?

LordCanti

My 65-70ish DPS Demon Hunter can take the SK down about 3/4 with a full hatred orb. I don't know the exact DPS, but I'd say it's probably 100 or more stretched out over however many seconds it takes for the hatred to deplete (without any hatred regen items since they aren't in the beta). I'd say it's right up there with frenzy (at full speed) in terms of DPS, with the advantage of not needing to be anywhere near the thing you're damaging. By comparison, I could get my base DPS higher with the Witch Doctor, but converting that into sustainable damage was difficult due to how fast mana depleted. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Has anybody been using frenzy for the barb a lot? I used to for a bit in the open beta but it seemed weak in comparison to cleave. I'm really hoping they make it better this time around; useless in diablo 2 after all the patches. Also, when you build up your attack speed with frenzy, that does not apply to other attacks, correct?

Frenzy works best on the SK. Otherwise, I was using cleave to take down mobs.

so the US server unlock will be at around 4 am @ my timezone. I will probably start the installing/UI config, download the patch and mess around on the european server until then.

Perhaps I can level an hero to lvl 10 in the EU server and start right of in HC @ Us Servers.

You're going to buy an EU copy to play for a couple of hours? I'm not sure it will let your US copy onto EU servers.

Calidor

so the US server unlock will be at around 4 am @ my timezone. I will probably start the installing/UI config, download the patch and mess around on the european server until then.

Perhaps I can level an hero to lvl 10 in the EU server and start right of in HC @ Us Servers.

99%

I could get my base DPS higher with the Witch Doctor, but converting that into sustainable damage was difficult due to how fast mana depleted. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Well if you use bats your mana will drop after 4/5 shots, but against a single target you can use Poison Dart > Splinters which does 180% weapon damage for a few shots until your mana is full again for Dire Bats.

So Dire Bats spam till mana is empty > Poison Darts/Splinters till mana is full > Dire Bats

TheKurgan

Servers open at Midnight 00:01 PDT - Servers crash due to load at about 00:03 PDT. I just hope they are stable by the weekend after launch.

Cipherr

Servers open at Midnight 00:01 PDT - Servers crash due to load at about 00:03 PDT. I just hope they are stable by the weekend after launch.

If its like WoW, it'll be ok at 00:03. Its about 5 or 6 hours later when the rest of the region begins to wake up that it will become unplayable. I distinctly remember getting a lot of progress in shortly after Midnight with WoW, there were some server issues, but it was mildly playable. I went to sleep about 3AM, when I woke up about 6 or 7 hours later you couldn't move an inch without seeing 15 people, and the servers were buckling something fierce.

Tacitus_

WoW servers are usually stable within an hour or two by xpack launch. Even then it's usually the first few minutes that are a complete mess since everyone in the region is hammering the login servers. Actual gameplay servers are separate and they can spread the load better there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom