• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Nerdkiller

Membeur
EMl7Y7Y.jpg

Indian co worker yesterday regarding the big match over the weekend.

"So did Ireland win?"

A for effort for trying to casually talk about sports.

Not great on Egypt's part but also wouldn't call Ibrahim a hero, foreign nationals doing anything anywhere that isn't their country is not heroic
look up hero in slang.ie. Ibrahim is a hero and I hope he can safely return to a normal life after the inhumane treatment given to him by Egypt.

acohrs

ah an Irish hero, sure by that definition he's the biggest hero in Ireland bar that one lad round the pub that got everybody's drinks one night. Legend

acohrs

Not surprised, girlfriend works for a semistate company, same problems there. They have lifers who will never leave and just want things to remain the same until retirement

NateDog

We came back late last night from Culture Night to see the entrance to a small park near us closed off by the Gardai and a car up at the gate, just saw the news now about it. Weird to think we were so close.

Looks like it will be gold dust. I got mine from GAME but I have to pay £10 more for it.

Ditto. Well I have 3 pre orders, one from Game, one from Gamestop, one from symths (one for me, one for a friend, one for a gaffer) and the only one that looks like it'll be here in a reasonable timeframe is the Game one.

NateDog

Lads any of you know where I can get a cheapish but decent black fleece for work in Dublin? I've been looking for one for weeks (I work early shifts a fair bit and am in the cold a bit and am beginning to feel it) but nowhere had them, not Dunnes, Penneys, New Look, Tesco. I think Heatons have them but I'm heading to the city centre tomorrow and there's none there and I don't have time to head to one. I might have to just hope Penneys happen to have them in now but can't count on it.

acohrs

Lads any of you know where I can get a cheapish but decent black fleece for work in Dublin? I've been looking for one for weeks (I work early shifts a fair bit and am in the cold a bit and am beginning to feel it) but nowhere had them, not Dunnes, Penneys, New Look, Tesco. I think Heatons have them but I'm heading to the city centre tomorrow and there's none there and I don't have time to head to one. I might have to just hope Penneys happen to have them in now but can't count on it.

How cheap is cheap?

NateDog

What kind of fleece do you want? One like a north face half zip or full zip down?

Half zip is all I can get, even then though I didn't see any that were full zip, only jumpers / hoodies. Closest thing I saw was from Regatta I think but way out of my price range.

Lucreto

Thanks but all the black ones are €40-€90 D=

Also I know that feel about the Christmas stuff. Dunnes have this big box of Victoria biscuits I think for a fiver this week, pretty sure I'll end up getting one and we'll have it gone before Monday.

If you know your size get it off the UK site for a few quid cheaper.

I see the 850g Dairy Milk bar for €12 in the Christmas section. It's very tempting.

acohrs

Thanks but all the black ones are €40-€90 D=

Also I know that feel about the Christmas stuff. Dunnes have this big box of Victoria biscuits I think for a fiver this week, pretty sure I'll end up getting one and we'll have it gone before Monday.

here regattas got you sorted then

https://www.regatta.com/mens/fleece/shop-by/product_types/half_zip/

Also, had the nicest fish and chips in Ireland on Wednesday from the Spencer Docks lunch market from these lads Sayfish. Do yourself a favour, find where they are trading and get a cajun fish and chips!

NateDog

here regattas got you sorted then

https://www.regatta.com/mens/fleece/shop-by/product_types/half_zip/

Also, had the nicest fish and chips in Ireland on Wednesday from the Spencer Docks lunch market from these lads Sayfish. Do yourself a favour, find where they are trading and get a cajun fish and chips!
Cheers but my budget was max €20 and their cheapest ones with delivery comes to about €33. I'm just going to have to buy from Heatons online I think. Thanks for the help though.

NateDog

Ah well i tried!
=[ I know! I think I'm just not meant to get one easy. I ended up going to Tallaght yesterday after work (and having this dose that seems to be going around the last week didn't make it easy) and Heatons didn't have it instock. In fact all they had was one for €35 that was way too heavy, and another that was reasonably priced but didn't have my size. I'll probably order this online and a week later it still won't have shipped and I'll get an email saying it's actually out of stock or something. Whenever I do get one though I bet everywhere will have them.

acohrs

=[ I know! I think I'm just not meant to get one easy. I ended up going to Tallaght yesterday after work (and having this dose that seems to be going around the last week didn't make it easy) and Heatons didn't have it instock. In fact all they had was one for €35 that was way too heavy, and another that was reasonably priced but didn't have my size. I'll probably order this online and a week later it still won't have shipped and I'll get an email saying it's actually out of stock or something. Whenever I do get one though I bet everywhere will have them.

Aye, probably it's just turned Autumn everybody's gotten a new one. Give it a few weeks or a month and I'm sure a lot of places will restock

Accommodation hunting in Dublin fucking sucks right now.

Even in the south Shankill / Bray... fuck it lets go to Greystones areas I have tried its the same story.

Like I am in a situation now where I dont exactly have my feet to the fire on it or anything but man. Every time I find a place I like it gets eaten up by another person.

But maybe its my fault. This search could be over right now if I was OK with sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with 5 Indian dudes as a recent viewing turned out to be.

Even in the south Shankill / Bray... fuck it lets go to Greystones areas I have tried its the same story.

Like I am in a situation now where I dont exactly have my feet to the fire on it or anything but man. Every time I find a place I like it gets eaten up by another person.

But maybe its my fault. This search could be over right now if I was OK with sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with 5 Indian dudes as a recent viewing turned out to be.

House hunting sucks.

Out of curiosity how much was the 2 bed for 6 people?

NateDog

I know that feeling all too well my friend. Our lease for our first apartment was up at the end of June and we still haven't found a place, and we're even extending our searches to Wicklow, Kildare, Meath and Offaly. The market is unbelievable right now. I thought it was bad last year. I'm lucky my parents had room but I've been here since then and it's difficult, but we can't go with an apartment again after our last experience but even in keeping an eye on any with communal gardens or that allow pets it's still impossible.

Top Bottom