• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gift that keeps on giving - Nvidia settles class-action lawsuit on GTX970 controversy

Best purchase ever. Got mine for $270 after a rebate with Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight, got an additional $30 in Amazon credit when AK was a broken POS, then sold it to my roommate for $200 when I bought my 1080.
I made money on that card lol

Got an e-mail from Newegg about an hour ago regarding the settlement. Nothing interesting though.

We have been informed about a class action lawsuit settlement with NVIDIA regarding the GTX 970 graphics card. Newegg is currently awaiting details about the settlement claims process (instructions, website). Once we have this important information, we will send you a follow-up email with the specifics on how you can submit your claim.

If you have any questions regarding the information provided in this email, please don't hesitate to contact Newegg Customer Service through one of the convenient contact methods provided here.

Sincerely,
Your Newegg Customer Support Team

LiK

I got the Newegg email too. Glad I don't need to keep up with this. Gonna wait for NE to let me know the deets.

Brannon

Does Fry's keep their receipts in-system for an extended period of time? If not I'm going to have to scrounge around for mine.

Figures the one time I forget to stuff a PC part-related receipt inside the sleeve taped to my PC is the one time I may actually need it :(

Got an email from Newegg too about the lawsuit. Newegg gave me a partial refund when the ram was discovered and now this. I'll take that $30.

Justinh

I got the email for the 970 I bought from Newegg, but not from Amazon yet for either of the 970s I bought from them...

Does the 970m in my notebook count?

Only the (desktop) 970 is affected, due to the partially disabled ROP/MC partition configuration.

wUSmHXD.jpg

Nerrel

The value on the 970 gets even better. At this point, between its sale price and bundled game savings and this settlement, I'll be down to having paid only $220 out of pocket for it. I just need the same perfect storm of deals to happens for the 1070... for now I'll just keep being poor.

I wonder how they'll handle this outside the US, bought mine at a local retailer in September last year. I'd be fine if they could add 30$ (or equivalent in €) to my Steam wallet.

Sorry to bump this, but I just got my $30 check today. It was seemingly out of nowhere, never got a confimation, never got an email, never could check status and I just assumed I wouldn't get it.

Top Bottom