• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

caliph95

So is today's Captain America in the middle of a story arc or just a one-and-done story? I almost bought it because Madame Hydra is pretty great, but I don't want to buy an issue that's in the middle of a story.

They'll announce it just when you've given up hope.
Story arc

Oh my god the
Titanic
page in Curse Words had me rolling. That is some funny shit

I only bought 6 comics today! I am cutting back.

I believe in nothing ever since we were lied to about Eva having a big role in IvX fuck everything. Comics suck.

You are not entirely wrong. I find there are still a decent number of books I just buy out of habit instead of actually wanting to read them, so I'm trying to stop that.

I'll just tell you then

Do you remember how in the last issue, Wizord
had his magic cut off by the big bad guy

Well, in this issue the talking koala takes him to
see Titanic. It restores some of Wizord's power, because Titanic is magical

Hagi

Flash has been really hit and miss imo. Not really bad, but just kind of ok with some highlights here and there. Rogues story was good and I think it had one or two one off issues that I really liked.

Hmm I think I'll just catch up with Superman instead and give Deathstroke a try, that looked cool.

I believe in nothing ever since we were lied to about Eva having a big role in IvX fuck everything. Comics suck.

I get that sucks as a fan but she's probably dodged a bullet.

I'll just tell you then

Do you remember how in the last issue, Wizord
had his magic cut off by the big bad guy

Well, in this issue the talking koala takes him to
see Titanic. It restores some of Wizord's power, because Titanic is magical

Joke is on you, I have not bought any issues of Curse Words ever. :D

Messi

You are not entirely wrong. I find there are still a decent number of books I just buy out of habit instead of actually wanting to read them, so I'm trying to stop that.

Hmm I think I'll just catch up with Superman instead and give Deathstroke a try, that looked cool.

I get that sucks as a fan but she's probably dodged a bullet.

Sure. But please don't lie to fans. Say nothing. I bought this fucking event to see her comeback and nada. It's infuriating.

I know she is never coming back but they gave me hope with no intention of ever following through.

mreddie

C7i5KS3WkAM9urT.jpg

ACO Fury preview.

Hagi

Sure. But please don't lie to fans. Say nothing. I bought this fucking event to see her comeback and nada. It's infuriating.

I know she is never coming back but they gave me hope with no intention of ever following through.

I agree with this it is bullshit for those who would be looking forward to her appearance.

Sandfox

Marvel.com: A lot of the lighter aspects of Spidey in this issue comes from his interactions with Mockingbird. As a writer, what made her a good fit for that role?

Dan Slott: I had kind of different plans for Mockingbird long-term and then seeing Stuart Immonen’s art and the light and spark he was giving her and the way [she and Spider-Man] had chemistry on the page together made me go “I’m rethinking this.” And that’s the beauty of comics.

It’s not golf. It’s not you alone. It’s a team sport and you are going to get energy from each other. You are going to bounce ideas off each other. The way I write a script and the way Stuart draws it makes it a completely different animal then it would be with another artist.

Seeing all the gifts that Stuart gave me with them in those scenes I was like, “Oh my God, I love these guys together.” I really love the Stuart Immonen Spider-Man and the Stuart Immonen Mockingbird together. They’re fantastic. I’m shipping them.
Works for me.

C7i5KS3WkAM9urT.jpg

ACO Fury preview.

Somebody put forward the argument last night that Vision is the most influential Marvel comic in recent history, or something to that effect.

I look at pages like this and wonder, is it really Hawkeye? This kind of page design, all the zoom-ins on little details and stylish flourishes, I feel is highly prevalent in current Marvel comics. And the modern usage of this design was popularized by Hawkeye, no?

These books often have writing styles and approaches to characterization that are similar to Hawkeye as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Somebody put forward the argument last night that Vision is the most influential Marvel comic in recent history, or something to that effect.

I look at pages like this and wonder, is it really Hawkeye? This kind of page design, all the zoom-ins on little details and stylish flourishes, I feel is highly prevalent in current Marvel comics. And the modern usage of this design was popularized by Hawkeye, no?

These books often have writing styles and approaches to characterization that are similar to Hawkeye as well.
The original Nick Fury ongoing was the influence on this book when I remember correctly.

TheFlow

Banned

dafuq. who would say that.

Invincible Iron Man #5... Hoo boy. This was a Bendis comic. Riri hacking stuff is the new Venom Blast 2.0 macguffin.

Also, do Bendis' editors actually try to keep him on task? The content of the book isn't even close to the solicit.
Remember that issue of GOTG where Captain Marvel was on the cover and she didn't show up until the very last page?
I know the man has to eat but $250 is steeeeeep.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Every reaction I have seen from people who got an early copy of SE #0 says it's really good.

Like most people liked Civil War II here in the beginning.
I think even when they would do a really good event, people would hate it and be super negativ and I can even understand why.

Invincible Iron Man #5... Hoo boy. This was a Bendis comic. Riri hacking stuff is the new Venom Blast 2.0 macguffin.

Also, do Bendis' editors actually try to keep him on task? The content of the book isn't even close to the solicit.

There is reason to believe that all bendis's editors repeatedly do is tell him he's awesome and can do no wrong. Also that he has great hair.

jurgen

That was my thought when I saw the art, Steranko through and through. Shame I just can't get behind what I've read of Robinson :( the book looks great fun otherwise, but Ive had trouble warming up to what I've tried of his.

Scarlet Witch is decent, but Robinson hasn't put out a great book in 15 years.

Hot take: Fernando Blanco> ACO

Hot take. You're right. He caught me off guard on Batman & Robin Eternal and I've enjoyed him since.

Sandfox

Like most people liked Civil War II here in the beginning.
I think even when they would do a really good event, people would hate it and be super negativ and I can even understand why.
Most people actually hated CW2 from when the leaks started happening because of what happened with War Machine and She-Hulk. Here I think some people simply thought it wasn't bad rather than good in the early issues.

Messi

Most people actually hated CW2 from when the leaks started happening because of what happened with War Machine and She-Hulk. Here I think some people simply thought it wasn't bad rather than good in the early issues.

I loved it. That Coipel issue was glorious.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I remember people explict saying it was good.

Hagi

I remember people explict saying it was good.

I think pretty much every big Marvel event outside of Axis (because it was shit from the get go) started off okay before falling into mediocrity. Secret Wars has really been the exception for me as I loved it all the way.

X-men used to do good events on a regular basis but now it's only Slotts death grip on Spidey that produces the goods.

jurgen

X-men used to do good events on a regular basis but now it's only Slotts death grip on Spidey that produces the goods.

Slott hasn't had a good event since Spider-Island in my opinion.

Before that, the Annihilation events (Annihilation, Conquest, War of Kings) were the last good Marvel crossovers.

Well it looks like Jim Cheung will be the artist on Astonishing X-Men. That's a strong choice.

So... four issues max?

Hagi

Marvel events should have ended with Secret Wars.

They were left with as clean a slate as possible for Marvel, the sky was the limit! But yet we get heroes vs heroes, heroes vs heroes and heroes vs heroes who wait were never heroes? or maybe were but timey wimey kobik nazi cube?

Least I got all new Wolverine post Secret Wars.

Slott hasn't had a good event since Spider-Island in my opinion.

Before that, the Annihilation events (Annihilation, Conquest, War of Kings) were the last good Marvel crossovers.

So... four issues max?

Spider verse is flawed as hell but I love it. Waiting for Clone Conspiracy to hit trade if it hasn't already before reading it fully.

Never did read War of Kings.

Top Bottom