• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammster

Archbishop of Canterburny
People always comment in these threads about Nintendo getting Vigil. I think Nintendo would be wiser to go for Volition. They already have a Zelda, they don't have a Saints Row or Red Faction.

they won't get either

Derrick01

Banned
Oh man would the internet just implode if Nintendo bought Relic and Volition.

I hope for kicks they do.

Why? You would be glad that developers would be stuck on backwards hardware that their fans don't even want them on? No one wins in that situation.

If anything that happening will make even more quality people quit and go to ios or some shit.

farnham

Banned
People always comment in these threads about Nintendo getting Vigil. I think Nintendo would be wiser to go for Volition. They already have a Zelda, they don't have a Saints Row or Red Faction.

they won't get either

Why not get both

Nintendo rarely buys anything. Especially in the west.

They prefer partnerships they can walk away from should the studio collapse or have a serious talent drain.

I don't think they could either. Granted it has taken Yukes this long to make a respectable WWE game and now in 2013 there probably won't be a WWE game unless its Yukes at the helm and we will be starting all over again with feature sets. Not fun.

It's the perfect time for them to switch to a new developer. They could develop a new wrestling engine for next gen systems and have it ready for Fall 2014 or earlier. As long as I don't have to deal with more Yukes bullshit I'm happy. Allstars was a much better game and they killed that studio. Any company that gets 2-3 iterations of a game could do a much better job. No more shitty PS2 engine bullshit please. EA would atleast treat the license with respect and probably pump some money into it.

BrhysH

Those studios would be completely wasted on Nintendo hardware.

Why? You would be glad that developers would be stuck on backwards hardware that their fans don't even want them on? No one wins in that situation.

If anything that happening will make even more quality people quit and go to ios or some shit.

Like letting EA destroy the studio and its name like they did with Bioware would be any better.

Yawnier

Banned

Personally, I just absolutely cannot see Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft going after any of the studios or IPs owned by THQ.

I just can't.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Hopefully whoever buys Volition will let them produce a new Red Faction game similar to Guerrilla. (assuming the IP goes with Volition)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Was the split with Ubisoft on good terms? If yes, than I wouldn't be surprised if Patrice and his team goes back there. Square Enix or Warner would be another possibility.

Well, in this industry, the split doesn't necessarily have to be on good terms for them to end up back there anyway.

Not many wealthy publishers these days.

BD1

Banned
Can we get Vince McMahon and Jesse Venture to provide live, over the top commentary during the auction? This should be an event!

Nintendo isn't going to be buying any of these studios, but they MIGHT contract any number of them to develop a game. Especially if this auction turns into an IP drain and the studios are left for themselves.

Nintendo needs western developed exclusives in the worst way, this is an opportunity for that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well at least with EA their games would most likely appear on PC and next gen systems.

I feel that EA would largely keep them developing the same kinds of games they are now as well, which I don't feel is a safe assumption if someone like Ubisoft buys Relic, given what happened to Massive.

I mean, we could certainly argue if they'd be dumbed down, but I don't think they'd make them into a Battlefield support team like having Massive make multiplayer and co-op for Far Cry 3.

Interfectum

Nintendo needs western developed exclusives in the worst way, this is an opportunity for that.

You think an exclusive Saints Row 4 in 2014/2015 would turn Wii U's fortunes around? Especially when it's after the next gen systems launch? It would be a waste of time and money for Nintendo to do that.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
How big is the Humble THQ Bundle's effect on liquidity?

Couldn't that cash alone have caused them to postpone that the insolvence for 2 weeks or how long it is now postponed?

Interfectum

I feel that EA would largely keep them developing the same kinds of games they are now as well, which I don't feel is a safe assumption if someone like Ubisoft buys Relic, given what happened to Massive.

I mean, we could certainly argue if they'd be dumbed down, but I don't think they'd make them into a Battlefield support team like having Massive make multiplayer and co-op for Far Cry 3.

Yeah I think ultimately those studios would be swallowed / dismantled at EA but I do think we'd get a few really good games out of them before that happens.

Squire

Banned
What about the games that are obviously in production, but haven't been shown? I mean, they'll have to show Saint's Row 4 to bidders, right?

Interfectum

What about the games that are obviously in production, but haven't been shown? I mean, they'll have to show Saint's Row 4 to bidders, right?

Company of Heroes 2 has been available for pre-order for months. I'm curious what's going to happen there.

Take 2 or even Activision would be my personal choices...EA and Ubi would just take a fat dump on any of these IP's with their bullshit DRM.....

Dawg

What if EA buys Relic? What if Blizzard acquires the WH40K license? This is how the world will end

Don't see that happening. Don't forget Games Workshop are very protective of their work. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give their IP to Blizzard (too much similarities). And EA, I don't think GW are fond of gay space marines being canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom