• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

yyzjohn

Banned
Fine, I was a bit too gleeful at the lack of snow this winter and now teamcold be like ha ha. No worries this won't last and we'll be back to warm temps and no snow in a week.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Alcoholic root beer is awful. Alcoholic ginger beer on the other hand...

eC19JYw.jpg

thabiz

Father's root beer is disgusting as are most out there. Crabbie's is OK. the sweetness gets to me, and by the end of it I'd rather just have a ginger ale.

Wtf they charge cover? I always wanted to try tilt but I'm not paying cover to go to a bar.

It's because it's illegal to have arcade games in a bar and have people put quarters into them. So they just charge a small cover and then it's free to play all the video games and pinball you want. It's actually a really great deal.
I spent way more money at Barcade in NYC even though it's no cover because I had to keep paying for playing the games all night.

It's because it's illegal to have arcade games in a bar and have people put quarters into them. So they just charge a small cover and then it's free to play all the video games and pinball you want. It's actually a really great deal.
I spent way more money at Barcade in NYC even though it's no cover because I had to keep paying for playing the games all night.

But night owl on college has arcade machines and I never paid cover there.

But night owl on college has arcade machines and I never paid cover there.

How many games does it have? I've never been. But Tilt has a very huge selection of games. It's like a full arcade with dozens of arcade games with tons of pinball. Not just a bar with 6 games or something. It's totally worth it for me.

I'll check out Night Owl sometime.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bah. Turns out the people who didn't shovel had a layer of soft snow you could walk on whereas those who shoveler everything just had a layer of freakin ice.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Bah. Turns out the people who didn't shovel had a layer of soft snow you could walk on whereas those who shoveler everything just had a layer of freakin ice.
I shoveled (well snowblower because fuck actual effort) and I don't have ice because I also salted.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Congratulations to the 2017 NBA Champion Toronto Raptors for acquiring Serge Ibaka.*
*Thoughts from the mind of Kave

ZZMitch

Serge time!

Raptors are gunna be paying a big tax next season if they want to keep him around tho. We shall see if MLSE is willing to pay up.

Brinbe

Masai <3

This is one of the best moves in franchise history. Zero doubt Ibaka is staying long-term. Masai doesn't do this deal unless he thinks he's staying, especially since we hold his bird rights (which basically means we can offer more money and years than every other team+plus go over the cap to retain him). MLSElwill pay up to keep him and Lowry and maybe Patterson too. I think CoJo gets traded in the offseason to cut some salary and they let Fred run backup.

Can't believe all it took was Ross and a nothing late 1st-rounder. Not only did we not give up Norm either, but now there's minutes freed up so he can finally get more consistent PT. There's no downside to this at all. And Lowry/DeRozan/Powell/Patterson/Ibaka is a damn good and deadly two-way lineup to closeout games.

Masai <3

This is one of the best moves in franchise history. Zero doubt Ibaka is staying long-term. Masai doesn't do this deal unless he thinks he's staying, especially since we hold his bird rights (which basically means we can offer more money and years than every other team+plus go over the cap to retain him). MLSElwill pay up to keep him and Lowry and maybe Patterson too. I think CoJo gets traded in the offseason to cut some salary and they let Fred run backup.

Can't believe all it took was Ross and a nothing late 1st-rounder. Not only did we not give up Norm either, but now there's minutes freed up so he can finally get more consistent PT. There's no downside to this at all. And Lowry/DeRozan/Powell/Patterson/Ibaka is a damn good and deadly two-way lineup to closeout games.

I really hope you are right.........Lowry and Ibaka have the same agent

Eleuin

Pretty substantial fire at yonge and st Clair coming from the badminton and racquet club

Holy chuck and bagel house are probably affected

RIP

ZZMitch

Just got accepted to PhD program at UofT Mississagua! Will be nice to get back to the GTA again after being banished to Kingston the last two years for my Masters haha. Also happy to remain in Canada for at least another 4 years, looking more like I will be here in Ontario long term which is a cool feeling.

Do any of you go to UofT Mississauga? What would you recommend for living situation? I don't know much about Mississagua, only ended up going there once when I was in my undergrad at UofT. I very much dislike long commutes so I am going to try and find a place to live nearby the Mississagua campus if possible. I do know there is a free bus from Hart House on St. George campus though.

dluu13

Just got accepted to PhD program at UofT Mississagua! Will be nice to get back to the GTA again after being banished to Kingston the last two years for my Masters haha. Also happy to remain in Canada for at least another 4 years, looking more like I will be here in Ontario long term which is a cool feeling.

Do any of you go to UofT Mississauga? What would you recommend for living situation? I don't know much about Mississagua, only ended up going there once when I was in my undergrad at UofT. I very much dislike long commutes so I am going to try and find a place to live nearby the Mississagua campus if possible. I do know there is a free bus from Hart House on St. George campus though.

Congratulations!
for going down the rabbit hole that I never had the courage to enter
When do you start?

ZZMitch

Congratulations!
for going down the rabbit hole that I never had the courage to enter
When do you start?

Thanks! I actually really enjoy the academic lifestyle so far. Enjoy making my own hours and stuff like that. I also really like TAing.

Start in September. Now just need to make sure I have my Masters all done and dusted by then haha.

dluu13

Thanks! I actually really enjoy the academic lifestyle so far. Enjoy making my own hours and stuff like that. I also really like TAing.

Start in September. Now just need to make sure I have my Masters all done and dusted by then haha.

aah yeah. I was a lab TA of an electronics course for mechanical engineers. Interesting times were had.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

&#128575;
I 'member when young ZZMitch was just an undergrad. They grow up so fast...!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Congrats!

I went UoT Mississauga for some continuing studies classes. I can't help for living situations except to say there were some VERY expensive looking houses nearby

ZZMitch

Congrats!

I went UoT Mississauga for some continuing studies classes. I can't help for living situations except to say there were some VERY expensive looking houses nearby

Yeah seems like it can be a pricey area! I am living alone at the moment and would like to continue doing that if I could find a place under 1000. If not id look for a roommate.

soultron

Banned
$12.10 GO fare to mcmaster university from union today
paid with a $20
got over $50 in toonies back

now i'm sweating
waiting for the metrolinx hitters to come for my head
seriously it was the best thing that's ever happened to me

krae_man

paid with a $20

now i'm sweating

Coors Light on Soultron at the next meetup!

explodet

paid with a $20

now i'm sweating
JACKPOT

Closest I ever came to that is what feels like decades ago. There was this ATM that output $10s and $20s, and I took out $30 and it gave me $60 (3 $20s instead of 3 $10s).

No retroactive charge, and I didn't press my luck and try it again.

Yeah, Metrolinx has got bigger problems that tracking down a single GO kiosk that's paying out like a slot machine.

Anybody here doing any post-secondary?(Sorry from the few times I've been here a lot of the folk here seem to already work) If so, what are some advice that you'd give to a high schooler wanting to get into Rothmans(other than the obvious mid-90s)? Am still in gr 11 and don't really do volunteer after I've gotten my 40 hours nor have I joined any clubs. My parents restrict me from ever getting a job while I'm still in school.

dluu13

Anybody here doing any post-secondary?(Sorry from the few times I've been here a lot of the folk here seem to already work) If so, what are some advice that you'd give to a high schooler wanting to get into Rothmans(other than the obvious mid-90s)? Am still in gr 11 and don't really do volunteer after I've gotten my 40 hours nor have I joined any clubs. My parents restrict me from ever getting a job while I'm still in school.

Do you mean Rotman School in UofT for business?
Because so many high school students get their marks inflated nowadays, schools are starting to look a lot more at other factors other than marks. If you don't have any volunteer experience then you had better somehow make your statement of intent real good. Either that or go get yourself some relevant volunteer experience. After all, you still have over a year to do it. Either way, your statement needs to be good. Admissions people are reviewing thousands of applications and if they can't understand you with minimal effort then they're just going to pass you over.

An alternative would be to go to a local college for a transfer program if that exists. It will save you a lot of money.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ask yourself if that's what you want. And then ignore it and go for a STEM degree.

Edit: Ok, STEM, health, or the trades.

dluu13

Ask yourself if that's what you want. And then ignore it and go for a STEM degree.

Edit: Ok, STEM, health, or the trades.

If you go into any degree not because you want to, be prepared to hate yourself for the next four to five years.

Or you can quit and do something you like instead. It's not uncommon for people to end up taking over five years to graduate because they figured out their passions were somewhere else.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

I mean I agree

but :lol
To be honest, I'm not sure what I would even take if I was back to being a freshman...likely not English and East Asian Studies though.
I imagine that to be #teamcold members being hit
If you go into any degree not because you want to, be prepared to hate yourself for the next four to five years.

Or you can quit and do something you like instead. It's not uncommon for people to end up taking over five years to graduate because they figured out their passions were somewhere else.
This is why I hate North American higher education. I think Sweden has a better set up where you're studying what you're going to doing.

If education were free, I'd say go ahead. Study whatever the hell you want. Make yourself a better person. When you have to PAY for it, I'll tell any and all people who say to go to university to "better" yourself to eat a yellow snowball. If you're spending that much, there'd better be a goddamn return on it in my opinion.

Top Bottom