• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

So...is Eureka going to be the queen this season who is unnecessarily bitchy (and not in the fun way) and who talks shit about everyone but somehow has a persecution complex?

I got PhiPhi teas all episode.
Did you see Untucked? It got worse.

Valentina deserved the win tbh

I also think if Farrah HAD done the tearaway she might've been top 3

I really dunno why Sasha and Eureka were top 2, both had meh first looks.

Holmes

I think Ru wasn't in drag this episode for the same reason there was no elimination - he wanted all the attention on the new queens
and Gaga.

They usually shoot one episode over the course of few days. Gaga must have been available for one day considering she was in work room and on main stage ru didn't had the time. Hence no elimination also as queens wouldn't have time remember the songs also.

This is what I was thinking. I actually kind of liked the Steve Harvey vibe Ru had for hosting Miss C.U.N.T.

It was pleasing that the Gaga runway was (mostly) a success. I'm still pressed about the Madonna one....

Rambaldi

Yeah, Eureka is a hard pass. I hate bitchy for no good reason queens. I love that she had that ~~breakdown~~ five minutes into the season. 🙄

So...is Eureka going to be the queen this season who is unnecessarily bitchy (and not in the fun way) and who talks shit about everyone but somehow has a persecution complex?

I got PhiPhi teas all episode.

Seems like it. Like someone else said, it's even worst in Untucked. It's probably going to get worst from there too. However, I don't mind it. I hate seasons when everyone is so friendly lol every season needs a bitch and not the whiny one.

Eh, if she's subpar I hope she goes home.

It was awful how long they kept Darienne around in season 6, her runways were pretty much universally terrible. I'm sure they only kept her around for the drama, and she absolutely coasted on being a big girl.

Shizuka

Eh, if she's subpar I hope she goes home.

It was awful how long they kept Darienne around in season 6, her runways were pretty much universally terrible. I'm sure they only kept her around for the drama, and she absolutely coasted on being a big girl.

I definitely get Darienne 2.0 with Eureka, but if she deserves to go home, I do hope they don't keep her just for the drama.

Yado

Now that I've watched untucked I don't think Eureka was bitchy at all tbh, she was just more outspoken that the others

Shizuka

Now that I've watched untucked I don't think Eureka was bitchy at all tbh, she was just more outspoken that the others

She named Nina and Jaymes for the bottom 3 just because they were more quiet, which makes no sense, as Nina slayed it and even won the challenge. She's going to pick a bone with the more quiet, "weaker" girls.

Wilsongt

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSFu-00h7DH/?hl=en

tenor.gif

valeu

-happy that nina won. i just watched her season 8 audition tape on youtube. genius. i like that she doesn't have a dollar to her name but can turn out a striking look
-aja is a killer performer if you check her live shows on youtube. she's a little rough but she can improve over the course of the show so i'm looking forward to her
-valentina is on point and so elegant
-sasha seems a bit pretentious but i'm curious to see what she'll do
-shea coulee was a-ight
-eureka was annoying, but good tv. i can tolerate her cattiness and breakdowns for half the season
-farah is so christina aguilera fishy they should keep her around a bit

i would chop:
jaymes
trinity
kimora
charlie
peppermint
alexis

my choice for a 14th queen would be chi chi devayne. she'd actually have a chance to win, such a fighter

Erm, I thought this episode kind of sucked?... I don't mean to be a negative nancy but it felt really flat and lacking pizazz. It felt very season 2 or 3 era.

The main stage looks way smaller, almost season 1 small - It's either the camera work, the closeness of the shots or it is actually a smaller room, but it all felt really low key. I thought Ru not being in drag at all added to the deflated feeling, and the double runway and no mini challenge made the episode feel short and incomplete.

Now that's the formatting and the presentation, the cast; really looking forward to seeing more. I think there is a fiesty bunch of queens here and a good half of them seem up for speaking their mind without being asked which feels like it's been missing a bit the past couple of seasons.

Eureka vs Trinity cattiness from moment one? Awesome, I want more, more, more! Valentina is SO visually striking, I loved how she moved on the stage in her Gaga look. She's so fresh and sexy.

Nina deserved every bit of praise she got, Michelle's Zika line was handsdown the funniest moment of the whole episode. The peach head was great, I love Nina's creativity on a shoe string appeal, I don't care that it's just paper, I love her.

Peppermint seems cute, nice, Miss Congeniality material? Shea seems totally badass and a cool cat. Jaymes has already been read for hiding behind a character, I think that will only continue, it will be interesting to see if he can jump that hurdle that some previous queens could not. She's funny and cute, but I want more. Sasha kind of bored me unfortunately - in the same way Max did, as did Charlie. Aja's looks I don't really care for but I like her personality. Kimora (so cheap looking on the Gaga runway) and the little blonde one did nothing for me.

Oops, I forgot Alexis who I actually think is fucking great. I love her body shape in drag, and kind of hot out of drag so win/win!

Yado

Nicole looked raggedy as fuck on her season and she still does. Why would she even attempt to come for someone for being unpolished?

royalan

NICOLE PAIGE BROOKS

Really gurl?

You were busted on your season and you're still busted now. Trying to come for somebody...

It makes sense that they only had a day of filming instead of the usual couple of days for an episode. Nina almost broke down when Gaga praised her, saying she had to do so much that day. That makeup she did for the mouse and the peach must have taken hours. Each.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It makes sense that they only had a day of filming instead of the usual couple of days for an episode. Nina almost broke down when Gaga praised her, saying she had to do so much that day. That makeup she did for the mouse and the peach must have taken hours. Each.

I'm happy they spent a lot of time on the judges critiques but I do wish they would have done an hour and a half show and showed a bit more of the workroom

kirblar

I really liked the non-elim first episode and hope they retain it going forward. Given that the show's a launchpad for careers, giving people that extra hour of exposure is huge. It's not like on Survivor, where the first person out has normally just screwed themselves over badly in the first few hours.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
If I like this I'll probably like project runway right?

Pepiope

Overall, good episode...can't wait for more. The 14th contestants is not who I was thinking but I think it's cute and I'm happy to see where this goes as well....seeing as she is a very polished queen imo.
Do we confirmed know who it is? I hope it's not who I think it is...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If I like this I'll probably like project runway right?
Not exactly the same thing but its entertaining. It has a bit of drama the work room tension is usually a bit higher but I can see the similarities since it has the challenge , work room and runway aspects. Give it a go to a few episodes.

Pepiope

Dat booty was a clue. And it makes more than enough sense to bring her back due to her the circumstances she was battling with on her season.
I guess it's a nice gesture to bring her back, but I was kinda hoping it'd be someone who could compete for top 3, not someone who could be eliminated next week. :(

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Went to a roast last night with Jinkx, Bob, Kim Chi, Ginger Minj, Trixie, Latrice, Phi Phi, and Acid Betty performing. They confirmed that
Cynthia is returning to the show, followed up with some jokes about her cancer 😂
Not too much else said about the new season, although a few of them went in on Aja.

Kim continues to prove that she was low-key robbed: her set was ridiculously funny and savage, and of course her makeup and outfits were on point. Bob didn't make much of an impression, surprisingly - but the Wesley Snipes jokes about her were spot on 🤣

Pepiope

Went to a roast last night with Jinkx, Bob, Kim Chi, Ginger Minj, Trixie, Latrice, Phi Phi, and Acid Betty performing. They confirmed that
Cynthia is returning to the show, followed up with some jokes about her cancer 😂
Not too much else said about the new season, although a few of them went in on Aja.

Kim continues to prove that she was low-key robbed: her set was ridiculously funny and savage, and of course her makeup and outfits were on point. Bob didn't make much of an impression, surprisingly - but the Wesley Snipes jokes about her were spot on 🤣
There was no way Kim was ever going to beat Bob or Naomi. I still don't know how she made it over Chi Chi.

kirblar

Oh crap, this is coming to DC this Saturday.
Oh crap, it's only $35.
Time to see if I can leave a few hours early.

Cynthia is returning to the show, followed up with some jokes about her cancer ��

Kim continues to prove that she was low-key robbed: her set was ridiculously funny and savage, and of course her makeup and outfits were on point. Bob didn't make much of an impression, surprisingly - but the Wesley Snipes jokes about her were spot on ��

Bob's worse is still funnier than Kim Chi's. You should watch Bob at her best when doing her shows pre-RuPaul.

Matt_

Confession time: I've never been super into RuPaul
but watching Project Runway he is ten thousand times better than hedi klum

royalan

Confession time: I've never been super into RuPaul
but watching Project Runway he is ten thousand times better than hedi klum

As someone who's followed Ru since I was old enough to know who and what he was, the trajectory of his career and life have been beyond interesting to watch. Ru is an incredibly fascinating person (by merely being THE Drag Queen for most people, if nothing else), all while seemingly not really trying to be.

JJ Abrams is developing a dramady series based on Ru's life, and I hope it's good because he's got a lot of material to work with. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom