• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWong

Don't know if already posted, but it could be related...

"Capcom teases Wii U game news that will be shared “very soon”

During a Monster Hunter Tri stream event yesterday, community manager Brett Elston teased incoming game-related news for the platform. Elston didn’t offer much in the way of hints, but did note that it may “not be too much of a surprise if you’ve been paying attention to the Internet”.

“… we should have more Wii U news in general very soon… for games. I’ll just tease that out there. Might not be too much of a surprise if you’ve been paying attention to the Internet, but probably very soon you’ll hear something else about a game for said platform.”

CengizMan

First of all, hello!

So this is something that has gone unnoticed and might have a connection to this or a future Nintendo Direct. The editor in chief of [N]Gamer, the largest independent Nintendo magazine of The Netherlands, tweeted the following a couple of months ago:
64RPrMI.png

Source: https://twitter.com/nielsderijk/status/269445934524538880

This loosely translates to:
"Scoop. Nintendo is at the verge of taking over a well known franchise (known from the DS i.a.). Unfortunately, I cannot say which one yet..."
Mid December there was this thread on NeoGAF, explaining that "Nintendo apparently has two new subsidiaries they don't want to talk about". Could there be a connection between this and the tweet from Niels de Rijk? Will we see this franchise in this or a future Nintendo Direct?

Ace Attorney?

First of all, hello!

So this is something that has gone unnoticed and might have a connection to this or a future Nintendo Direct. The editor in chief of [N]Gamer, the largest independent Nintendo magazine of The Netherlands, tweeted the following a couple of months ago:

Mid December there was this thread on NeoGAF, explaining that "Nintendo apparently has two new subsidiaries they don't want to talk about". Could there be a connection between this and the tweet from Niels de Rijk? Will we see this franchise in this or a future Nintendo Direct?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I am Shibata is my body readily.

/subscribed

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wii Fit U+
Mario Party U
GCN Ports

I don't know why I even read these threads anymore, y'all are way too optimistic about cool shit popping off

Wii U VC is about the highest I'm willing to set my hype levels for

Wii U's 2013 line-up after Q1 is non-existent, so it's either:

1) There are no games in the works for Wi U or
2) They've been holding off announcing some good stuff that's going to launch before long and that we are not aware of

All things being considered, the latter is more likely imo, Nintendo must have some aces in the hole.

First of all, hello!

Somehow I can only imagine this being either Layton or Phoenix Wright.

Wii Fit U+
Mario Party U
GCN Ports

That's probably still too optimistic :lol
Wii Fit, Pikmin and Lego City are a given. Can't wait for Wii Fit taking up 10 minutes... Hopefully new footage of Wonderful 101 will be shown.

So do you think Nintendo is not going to announce something new for Q1/Q2/Q3 2013?

I don't think they'll wait until E3, besides they're going to issue their yearly report by the end of January, aren't they?

I reckon investors would like some positive news as regards Wii U's profitablity in the future, so this would be a perfect time for Iwata to drop a couple bombs.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Please announce that games will no longer be locked to the console.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm skeptical we'll see anything other than Pikmin 3, Game & Wario and Lego City. When was the last night Nintendo actually delivered on the hype?

Again, they explicitly said new in the announcement.

Yoshi Land! Metroid! Donkey Country Returns 2!

What will it be?! Something big to plactate investors before Q3 results?

Will we get a speed patch? Will we get folders? Better daily log?

And what will the 'other oppurtunity' be to talks about other software makers?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
First of all, hello!

Could be Layton/Level-5. Oh man, that'd be amazing.

Platinum would be crazy for the reactions.

Kacho

Gold Member

What are you trying to say?

I wonder how reactionary this ND is. Was this something that was planned for January all along, or did they bump it up from February or March due to significant decreased sales to help generate additional buzz and excitement?

They need to redo everything. Relaunch this thing with a new OS and a strong lineup for once.

Take a page out of Apples book. Crappy hardware but whizzbang flashy and braindead easy OS

3DS is fine for the rest of the year with MH4/Pokemon alone. Put everyone and everything onto the Wii U Nintendo, this is not the Wii, there's no Wii Sports and there's no third party support that matters right now. This is the time to give the people what they've always wanted from a Nintendo console: New core games from Nintendo. Build the console so that when PS4/Durango rolls around, third parties won't be able to ignore the lead the Wii U fanbase has on next-gen consoles, the console is modern enough for shared multiplatform releases.

tsab

• Price drop
  • Wii U Ambassadors for early adopters - 50€ Credit to spend on eshop
  • Wii U Vitality Sensor
  • Wii U Gamepad Plus Battery Pack
  • Second Wii U Gamepad available for buying
  • Shenmue Duology HD exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom