• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
No Gamecube games on a virtual console ever.

Problem solved.

Maybe they'll do full disc-releases though.
And then pick all the same games that were updated for Wii--ie: no Wind Waker/Mario Sunshine.

U Play Control: Pikmin incoming!

Lol, wouldn't put it past em.

Kimawolf

Nah, it'll be Skies of Arcadia 2 development funded by Nintendo. Another obscure game they decided to fund which will drives fans insane.

Sowee

Banned
You can keep Revelaitons, i couldn't care less. Bought a WiiU for nintendo and new excitiong games. Hope that they have good things to announce tomorrow.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
In all seriousness it's probably not but definitely going to be a Spider Man 3 port.

It's already been leaked for 360, PS3, and Wii U. Or it hasn't been leaked for the latter but I know it's coming.

So yeah, I totally would not be surprised to see Resident Evil: Revelations Wii U show up. Great game, but definitely not an announcement I want.

Fucking hell I just want some info on The Wonderful 101.

EDIT: loooool just announced

I'd be glad to get Revelations, but like you mentioned below the post I quoted, there's no need to spend any significant time on the game. There's already a ton of information about the game so they would be better off to use the time on games we have no info on (W101, Lego City Undercover, Unannounced games, etc....).

Is it possible we get information on DLC from some of the launch games?

Kouriozan

2 years ago we got the first images of Mario 3D Land really early, there is still hope for something important.
And it would be weird for Iwata to talk about Revelations, it's coming on other platforms too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bayonetta 2 was not revealed at a Nintendo Direct and I don't know why people cite it as an incident of a big Nintendo Direct surprise. It was announced at a Wii U pre-launch press event. Just because it was streamed online does not put it up to the same standard as a Nintendo Direct. There's a big difference between a monthly pre-recorded e-stream, and a live stream event with a room full of invited press.

Bayonetta 2 was not revealed at a Nintendo Direct and I don't know why people cite it as an incident of a big Nintendo Direct surprise. It was announced at a Wii U pre-launch press event. Just because it was streamed online does not put it up to the same standard as a Nintendo Direct. There's a big difference between a monthly pre-recorded e-stream, and a live stream event with a room full of invited press.

There were Nintendo Directs during the press event announcing the game.
iirc

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8nE4hLZDg88#t=2144s

Taker666

Being realistic we're not going to hear about any top tier holiday releases. I'd expect some mid-tier titles due for the summer..maybe 3 new titles at best.

We're talking Yoshi, Fatal Frame (or an rpg)....maybe Endless Ocean 3....a Bayonetta 2 trailer if you're very lucky(but I'm doubtful).

They'll save the big stuff for E3...or a Japanese briefing after that.

Most of it will likely be about google maps,panorama view and already announced titles.

Hindle

Banned
They need to come out with the big guns.

Ideally the new Retro project, Monoliths new game. Seriously no one is talking about the Wii U at all.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

I believe the Japan and Europe per-recorded streams were the first to unveil Bayo 2 and MH 3G HD. The US was the only territory that had a live event.

skypunch

Banned
I think you mean RE6. The price at 49.99 is too high, but it was a good game if you miss the old style RE games.

I will agree - Resident Evil 6 was a cringy, atrocious mess and shouldn't exist. With Revelations though, I couldn't help but feel the game was developed primarily for the sake of nostalgia. "Hey, lets include that old bathtub puzzle again, so old fans of the series will think Resident Evil has gone back to it's roots". That's the impression I got, anyway.

that event was pretty much the NYC Reggie Event but there was a JP Nintendo Direct streaming at the very same time IFRC please double check this idea that we are wrong about this because I think the NYC event did announce it but that teaser was also on the ND stream

My birthday better not disappoint.

image.php

At the same time as the press event, the Japanese- and European divisions had a Direct for those.

I'd be happy enough if they'd show off smaller scale projects such as a new racing game by Monster. Or some kind of spinoff or minor series, that looks more exciting than that overpriced Nintendoland expansion pack in fake Warioware disguise. It's really the best you could hope for in a Direct.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

There are differences among eaach and every Direct (Mini, Live, Recorder, and so on), but they are definetly calling "Direct" also the Wii U preview where they announced a lot of things Wii U related:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nin...iew/Nintendo-Direct-Wii-U-Preview-109608.html

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There were Nintendo Directs during the press event announcing the game.
iirc

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8nE4hLZDg88#t=2144s

I believe the Japan and Europe per-recorded streams were the first to unveil Bayo 2 and MH 3G HD. The US was the only territory that had a live event.

Ah yes, cheers for the reminder. I still don't associate this with a Nintendo Direct though, as that event served a very specific purpose. Similar to the Pokemon Direct actually, which aimed to provide a Pokemon announcement.

What I'm trying to say is I'm cynical of there being actually decent new game announcements.

Anth0ny

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/293719702830739456

"Mr Iwata will reveal new games for #WiiU in a new #NintendoDirectEU at 2pm GMT on 23/01. Link: http://ow.ly/h1pdf http://ow.ly/i/1pavT "

Nintendo's definition of new games is "games that haven't been released yet."

Tomorrow will proceed as follows:

Resident Evil Revelaitons video + date
Aliens: Colonial Marines video + date
Rayman Legends video + date
LEGO City: Undercover video
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate video + date
Pikmin 3 video + q2 2013
Bayonetta 2 video
The Wonderful 101 video + q2 2013
Game & Wario video + date

and finally, saving the best for last and therefore taking up the most time...

Wii Fit U video and date!

end nintendo direct

Kacho

Gold Member
Hype deflator... http://forums.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=96345#wrap

See Tom from ONM's ( official nintendo magazine) post..

Calling out people who have insane wishlists seems fair enough.

From that thread:

Star fox, Metroid project dread, super mario galaxy 3, new Zelda game, Pokemon stadium, animal crossing U, Beyond good and evil 2, Mario kart 8, Super smash Bros. 4, Sin and punishment 3, Super mario sunshine 2 (please god), Zelda majora's mask 2, kirby's epic yarn 2, Super mario RPG 2, F-Zero and mario strikers.

Yep. Seems like a reasonable expectation. lol

73V3N

Banned

Pikmin 3 video + q2 2013
Bayonetta 2 video

end nintendo direct

you forgot Wii Fit U fireworks show that will take 10 minutes!.

guek

Banned

Pikmin 3 video + q2 2013
Bayonetta 2 video

end nintendo direct

Is it just the internet effect or are you really bitter? I'm not saying that in the inflammatory, accusatory sense, you just come across very bitter about nintendo lately

tsab

Pikmin 3 video + q2 2013
Bayonetta 2 video

end nintendo direct

the
sad
thing is you are right

Pikmin 3 video + q2 2013
Bayonetta 2 video

end nintendo direct

Yet, afterwards people will still keep telling us that Nintendo has abandoned E3 and Direct is the new way to go. As always.

JDSN

Banned
If we get more Wonderful 101 stuff I will be happy as hell, especially if they annouce that the retail version will come with a Bayonetta demo.

Is it just the internet effect or are you really bitter? I'm not saying that in the inflammatory, accusatory sense, you just come across very bitter about nintendo lately

Given E3 and other ND's I'd just say he's being realistic. As much as we'd love some awesome game and software announcements it's just better to keep our expectations in line with what's come before..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom