• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the best female super hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about best superhero, but I've always had a personal favourite female comic book character.

0c5ff84583628d287906944468853820.jpg

Love her.

It's Catwoman, if anybody's wondering.

For me, Wonder Woman without a doubt. It took me a while to warm up to her because of her stupid old costume but once you get past that, she's simply the most emblematic female superhero and the one with the best comic runs: Rucka, Jimenez, Byrne, Pérez, Azzarello, Simone, etc. And her book is pretty dope at the moment.

Runners-up:
Oracle: Batman's best ally, should be the leader of the Justice League

Batgirl (Cassandra Cain only): greatest martial artist in the DCU

And for Marvel... Storm, Kitty Pryde and Elektra.
I don't know all that much about Kamala but I don't love her powers.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
thank you to people posting names with their pics and a bucket of warm garbage to people dropping unidentified pics like they think it's a mic and they just spat a hot set.

Ogodei

I've always been partial to Dr. Light II from DC.

3f08637af5a237c9b3ae815d37a5254d.jpg

As well as Spiderwoman II, the one with the crazy 90s hair.

Spider-Woman_zps1cffeaf4.jpg

Power Girl is my favorite but Wonder Woman is probably the best. I really enjoy the comics I've read and there's a lot of good comics with her.

Marvel's best female superhero is She-Hulk. I do like Kate Bishop a lot though.

And not Marvel or DC but I love Liz Sherman from Hellboy/BPRD.

Temp_User

Its kinda weird that when i think of the best super-heroes(male or female), it usually take some time before i remember that individual X-Men are well-developed heroes on their own. The majority of Marvel's best female super-heroes can be found within the X-Teams. Probably because the term "hero" wasnt used much in the books.

As for best female super heroes:
1. Moonstone(Karla Sofen)
2. Storm
3. She-Hulk

Volimar

If you still like Carol after what the writers did to her in Civil War 2, then...actually the writers have been fucking her over for decades now. Hoping the movie does her some real justice.

I also like Shulkie. A strong, confident woman who doesn't shy away from intimidating guys with her power.

KonradLaw

d5d7de27068da4349f54c83272a55dc7.jpg

Zatanna. I love the magical side the most and Zatanna is the best female superhero there
Batgirl (Cassandra Cain only): greatest martial artist in the DCU

Cassanda is good, but she's no punch meteors falling from the sky good, so as far as greatest DCU martial artist go she will have to setttle for 2nd place, because nobody touches Karate Kid there :)

Carcetti

If we're talking borderline superheroes, the Invisibles women (Robin, Fanny, Boy)

In the more traditional ones I was always partial to X-Women so they'd be Rachel, Kitty, Storm, and Emma.

Outside of that, Jenny Sparks.

Had to pick one? Rachel. She always resonated with me. Who else could rock that hair or the face tattoos?

Zatanna Zatara
Zatanna-with-Zatanna-text.jpg

I know they're many but I really like Zatanna especially after Identity Crisis.

d5d7de27068da4349f54c83272a55dc7.jpg

Zatanna. I love the magical side the most and Zatanna is the best female superhero there

Amen. She's just got such a neat take on the whole concept of even being a superhero - where it's more like a side hobby to her actual profession, which just happens to be built around her powers - and her inclusion often allows for a story to get fun. Kind of a shame that she's mostly treated as a supporting character, because she's got easy room for stories that aren't locked to the conventions of the genre. Plus her powers are the kind of thing where they're conveniently omnipotent when need be, and easy to justify when they're not. Versatile storytelling device.

Also one of the few cases in comics where the costume is kinda justified.

Billy Batson
Genis
Monica

I don't rate her top 3.

They said female Captain Marvels. Though, that would make for a mildly novel twist...

Cassanda is good, but she's no punch meteors falling from the sky good, so as far as greatest DCU martial artist go she will have to setttle for 2nd place, because nobody touches Karate Kid there :)

He's just using techniques that were created and perfected during the millenium that preceded his birth. Give her a year or two of training in the 31st century and she'd surpass him!

Xero

Zatanna Zatara
Zatanna-with-Zatanna-text.jpg

I know they're many but I really like Zatanna especially after Identity Crisis.

wsmZIyk.gif

She so much fun and kind. One of the few women in dc that can maintain niceties with constantine too. ALso love Canary, wonder woman, and oracle and stephanie. I put steph over cass because I had a lot more fun with steph. Special shout out to supergirl. Marvel side its really just Emma Frost and Magick

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I like Captain Marvel.

Only real answer.

Vj6DWSk.png

I like Jean Grey and Rogue too.

Weird how no one has mentioned the real best ever female superhero

captainmarvel1-630x420.jpg

Okay guys.

Name how she is the best female super hero.
Just list down Carol Captain Marvels awesome antics that would put her in the league of She-Hulk(now just Hulk)

On Topic

She-Hulk has to be top tier mainstream super hero.

But for the love of god will her new book please pick up the pace.
Ive been picking it up every release and it still feels like im still reading an issue #0 of the new HULK book.

Wonder Woman
Even with all these reboots im still digging the WW.

No bias i promise.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Carol Danvers gets the huge fanbase, Kamala Khan gets the even bigger fanbase

Then there's my fave Monica Rambeau all out in the cold by herself :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom