• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Devildoll

Can someone post the link to the countdown? Maybe I can see it in a new tab on my phone.
The OP is so magnificent that my galaxy nexus' web browser crashes if i stay on it too long.

But i managed to grab the count down for you.
t1428966000z4.png

abracadaver

It's unlocking in the middle of the night and I have to go to work tomorrow. I could stay at home but my girlfriend is at home all day as well. She will probably annoy me while I want to play. What to do?

Rur0ni

Jelly of the folks with Titan X. 980 will have to suffice. I'm still at 1080p, but maybe 1440p will be next year.

Tainted

I wonder if the Giant Bomb crew will do a QL for this ? They did one already for the PS4 version so they may have hit their quota (2 QLs for the same game).

None of the guys are really into GTA it seems though...I think they had to twist Brad's arm to do one again for the ps4

As someone who hasn't played the game yet, how does the online portion of the game work? Is it kinda like RDR, where it drops you in free roam & you use in game menus to choose different online game modes, or is there more to it then that?

Xyber

I wonder if the Giant Bomb crew will do a QL for this ? They did one already for the PS4 version so they may have hit their quota (2 QLs for the same game).

None of the guys are really into GTA it seems though...I think they had to twist Brad'd arm to do one again for the ps4

Vinny will be the one to look at it if anything (I hope).

As someone who hasn't played the game yet, how does the online portion of the game work? Is it kinda like RDR, where it drops you in free roam & you use in game menus to choose different online game modes, or is there more to it then that?

It's an entire separate game, really. Make a character, do missions and shit in Los Santos. Make money. Etc

Pretty much. You're thrown into a freeroam mode with other players in your lobby. You then go to designated areas to play different gametypes.

For heist you just go into your apartment and enter a room designed for setting it up. There are requirements before being able to do that though.

Thoraxes

I'll hold off till the game-ready driver hits from Nvidia.

Hopefully it'll be a short wait because it seems like they've been working on this forever, judging by what i've heard.

Tainted

Its a quasi-MMO where you level up your character. You are dropped into the map which is free roam then you manually join 'jobs' from your ingame phone or drive to the markers on the map.

Theres a bunch of other stuff to do as well while in free roam...some of the characters from the campaign give you little missions to do (which you can invite friends along on).

It can be a bit of a grindfest though, I think you are unlocking stuff until at least lvl 120

CoolS

I want to get this, but I'm afraid my 560Ti won't be enough to run this on playable settings :(

Do you guys think it might be?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Pretty much. You're thrown into a freeroam mode with other players in your lobby. You then go to designated areas to play different gametypes.

For heist you just go into your apartment and enter a room designed for setting it up. There are requirements before being able to do that though.

Is it solo-friendly? I know that you need people for the heists, but can you still do other missions on your own, as you would in GTA V proper?

Tainted

Is it solo-friendly? I know that you need people for the heists, but can you still do other missions on your own, as you would in GTA V proper?

I spent alot of time just grinding the races which are quite ok to do on your own....some of them are quite fun and unique

Wait what's this self.fm people talking about ?
Custom radio station that reads music files from a folder on your HDD.

It has different modes - one that plays them in order, one that shuffles music like an mp3 player, and a mode that integrates your tracks into a real radio station type thing with host banter and commercials.

Better get on dat making a custom playlist

Garuda1One

Definitely Tripple dipping !! This is probably the only title i triple dipped.. Cant wait for tomorrow, but my boss is also a gamer, i dont think i can call in sick tomorrow,, He wont fell for it.. Damn it

Corpekata

Banned
Is there a guide anywhere on how to pair the PS4 controller with a PC? I've never done it before.

Just google DS4 Windows. Download, start, plug it in via USB. This will trick the computer into thinking you're using a 360 pad and will work with most games made in the past 5+ years.

Jtrizzy

Part of me just wants to skip single player and do multi. I played a couple of hours in each and they seemed pretty similar. I'd much rather do the missions co op style.

Tainted

Definitely Tripple dipping !! This is probably the only title i triple dipped.. Cant wait for tomorrow, but my boss is also a gamer, i dont think i can call in sick tomorrow,, He wont fell for it.. Damn it

I predict your boss won't be in tomorrow

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

It has different modes - one that plays them in order, one that shuffles music like an mp3 player, and a mode that integrates your tracks into a real radio station type thing with host banter and commercials.

Oh wow.

Time to "work work" on that play list

devonodev

I've beaten the game on 360, but never touched Online so I'm looking forward to finally trying it. I didn't want to pay for Live Gold.

Seanspeed

Banned

Do we know what sort of filetypes that are useable?

Philtastic

Pre-loaded and ready to go! This is going to be epic! Here's hoping that my 4690K and 280X will let me dial up some details while maintaining 1080p60.

Top Bottom