• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins PC performance thread

Neo_Geo

Banned
Looks like your performance is being hindered by a form of anti-tamper technology that basically virtualizes the game before it gets to you causing very high CPU leaving little to no breathing room for your CPU.

You are going to have to get a better PC to brute force the game to your desired performance since Ubi is essentially locking out a sizable chunk of your CPU for their DRM.

dr_rus

Does anyone else have the same performance as me with an i7 6700K/GTX 1080 combo? At 1440p this is the performance i get but the stuttering is annoying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBL750fo9_8

Disable power sensor monitoring in AB if you're on 388.13 or use 388.00 or 388.10 drivers for now for ACO.

Looks like your performance is being hindered by a form of anti-tamper technology that basically virtualizes the game before it gets to you causing very high CPU leaving little to no breathing room for your CPU.

You are going to have to get a better PC to brute force the game to your desired performance since Ubi is essentially locking out a sizable chunk of your CPU for their DRM.

Sigh.

Social

Good morning

4K performance
assassinscreedoriginsx4jc8.jpg

1080p performance

Ryzen 1600 at 3.9Ghz
2933mhz RAM
GTX 1080 (stock)

Game runs pretty well for me during gameplay, always above 60FPS, and gsync really helps smooth things out. I'm playing at 1080p with the in game AA. It looks just as good as downsampled 4K to me and it's a much smaller hit to performance.

carsar

Can anybody explain how dynamic resolution works?
As I've read -dynamic res only increases render resolution when fps is upper limit.
However when I set 30fps dynamic resolution -gpu still renders 35, 40fps.

woofaki

Neo Member
I have seen the russian review with different CPUs,and i dont understand...How come my gtx 980ti performs the same with an i5 6600k and an i7 6700k?I have seen with afterburner that the card is under utilized and it goes as low as 60% in the towns that are giving me low fps.So it seems it has alot more juice to spare but it doesnt.The only way for the card to go at 98% is when im at native 1080p frame limit 60 and scale resolution 180.This way the Cpu is not 100% anymore and the Gpu is 98-99%...From my understanding this means the CPU is holding back the graphics card,and it doesnt get 60fps that it should...Doesnt make sense while stronger Cpus will perform the same tho.

dr_rus

Can anybody explain how dynamic resolution works?
As I've read -dynamic res only increases render resolution when fps is upper limit.
However when I set 30fps dynamic resolution -gpu still renders 35, 40fps.

I doubt that it _increases_ resolution when fps in under (or over for that matter) limit. It likely decreases resolution when fps is below limit which you've specified but when it's above - it just renders in the resolution which you've selected using h/w resources to render more frames instead of increasing resolution.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you've updated to v1.05 on Steam and would like to downgrade to v1.03, here's how:

Me said:
I figured this might be of use to some here since there are a lot of reports of v1.05 introducing incessant stuttering:

- Open Steam's developer console by typing steam://open/console into your browser
- Input download_depot 582160 582161 8264693827870023382 and wait for the console to report "Depot download complete"
- Navigate to SteamApps\content\app_582160\depot_582161 and move the data to the game installation folder

The information in the app manifest file will remain unchanged, so Steam won't download an update until Ubi patches the game again. If you'd like to go back to v1.05, simply verify the game data.

Edit: Be aware that the depot in question is a ~35.6GB download.

prudislav

kinda surprisd thge above works ... with its quadriple DRM on steam version ... but i guss they keep DRMauth servers running even for older patches

JaseC

kinda surprisd thge above works ... with its quadriple DRM on steam version ... but i guss they keep DRMauth servers running even for older patches

Well, Uplay acts solely as a middle-man client (it doesn't deliver any data) and Denuvo's activation process just verifies ownership of the product. Reauthentication may be necessary, though.

JaseC

If you've updated to v1.05 on Steam and would like to downgrade to v1.03, here's how:

Update: Some have found that this can result in the game being unable to load certain textures. Deleting the files listed here should fix that.

thegh0sts

Neo Member
I notice that you can edit the resolution modifier in ACO.ini to whatever you want and it'll detect in the game settings.

I had mine set to 75% of 1440p (which is 1080p) and it seems to be working fine so long as you don't change it in-game.

proandrad

I notice that you can edit the resolution modifier in ACO.ini to whatever you want and it'll detect in the game settings.

I had mine set to 75% of 1440p (which is 1080p) and it seems to be working fine so long as you don't change it in-game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 1080p isn't 75% of 1440p. Isn't 1440p like close to 50% more pixels than 1080p?

thegh0sts

Neo Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 1080p isn't 75% of 1440p. Isn't 1440p like close to 50% more pixels than 1080p?

Sorry I should have clarified earlier. The game's resolution modifier is based on the X and Y axis of the resolution you set as a reference, it's not based on area of the reference resolution.

So I set my display resolution to 2560 x 1440 and I set the resolution modifier to 75% (via an INI edit since the default increments are 10% and that's dumb) which means it takes 75% of 2560 and 1440 which results in an internal resolution of 1920 x 1080.

If the max you can do is 200% that usually means to me that it's always modifying the X and Y axis (which would be 4k if the reference resolution was 1080p). NVIDIA DSR measures it by area and why you see it a x4.00 in the NCP. The game does not scale by area, only by dimensions.

so you're saying the resolution scaler in game doesn't work?

the game runs like shit on vega. yet neither the CPU threads nor the GPU is anywhere near 100%. the card is also not running into it's temp or power limit. so there's definitely no hardware throtteling going on. im around 250 W system power at the wall while on 1080p ultra settings. thats just nuts.

Dacon

Banned
Could this game run on a 960 4gig and a I7-3820 @ 3.60 ghz on high at 30fps? I have the opportunity to get the game but I'm not going to bother if the system can't handle it.

Last edited:

JaseC

Could this game run on a 960 4gig and a I7-3820 @ 3.60 ghz on high at 30fps? I have the opportunity to get the game but I'm not going to bother if the system can't handle it.

I'd say so. As per GameGPU's benchmarks, all of which were done with the Ultra preset enabled, a 960 manages 24-28fps and a 2600K is powerful enough for 56-64fps* when paired with a high-end GPU.

* Alexandria, Memphis, and other bustling areas in the game demand much more of processors, but I don't think there's cause for concern given you're targeting 30fps.

Last edited:

AtlAntA

Game got cracked yesterday. I'm curious if they removed or bypassed the denuvo stuff and if the cracked version runs better than the original. Anyone tested it yet?

Dacon

Banned
I'd say so. As per GameGPU's benchmarks, all of which were done with the Ultra preset enabled, a 960 manages 24-28fps and a 2600K is powerful enough for 56-64fps* when paired with a high-end GPU.

* Alexandria, Memphis, and other bustling areas in the game demand much more of processors, but I don't think there's cause for concern given you're targeting 30fps.

Thanks for the reply, I feel like Ultra is a little too high to aim so I was just going to settle for high settings.

popo

Game got cracked yesterday. I'm curious if they removed or bypassed the denuvo stuff and if the cracked version runs better than the original. Anyone tested it yet?

Denuvo has never been "cracked" in the traditional sense - as in removed from the EXE. All the current "cracks" are bypasses and thus can tell us nothing in terms of system overhead used by the DRM.

luca_29_bg

nope, all denuvo cracks are bypasses, never a denuvv removed. In this is really impressive, because cpy cracked the latest update of the game in 3 days. They are waiting that denuvo games are complete with all the patches and dlc before crack them, but sadly no perfomance improvement. Maybe a faster boot but i doubt!

Top Bottom