• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The perfect game?

xn0

Covers all bases for me.
JCWJ4bq333.jpg

Meesh

For the time, Resident Evil 4 lorded over all.
Agreed.
I have a short list of games that feel timeless to me and RE4 is damn near the top.

My yearly play throughs pics are, in no particular order:

Zelda Oot.
Zelda Majoras Mask.
RE4.
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 4

Those are the top comfort games I'll go through regularly and I'll sprinkle I'm some retro classics for good measure.

I like to plug in the NES and SNES every winter 😊

NikuNashi

Perfect doesn't exist imo, everything in some way could be improved. However close to perfect would be something like Tetris. I dont see a flaw in it.

weltalldx

There are several perfect games in my list.

FF7
FFT
MGS
ZELDA OOT
TEKKEN TAG(arcade version)
SOUL CALIBUR(dreamcast)
XENOGEARS
PERSON4
BOTW

Yu Furealdo

I felt like Until Dawn was pretty much perfectly executed. Not normally into 'movie-type' games but this one is a blast all the way through.

Sinfamy

Bloodborne.
The only game this generation to release in a complete state with no micro transactions, bullshit DLC, loot crates, cut content or a generic story.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Destiny 2 for me, took out a lot of the grind from part one and end game changes don’t bother me

DanEON

Ocarina of Time

Great graphics for the time
Great gameplay
Great story
Great replayability
So much fun!!
This game is perfect.

sephiroth7x

No Perfect Game exists...

I wont ramble off on a tangent but it is physically impossible.

What I will say though is that the simpler the game the easier it is to hit that marker. So as someone already said, Tetris, is technically perfect. It does everything it is supposed to be perfectly. No future game will be perfect.

I adore the original Broken Sword, play it at least once a year. Is it perfect? Hell no... doesn't matter though.

Melubas

The only game that has come close to being perfect for me is The Witcher 3. It's not my absolute favourite game (that would go to Planescape Torment, Life is Strange or maybe What Remains of Edith Finch), but it is up there and it is the one where I have the hardest time finding flaws.

IndustryX

The Last of Us. Diverse moment to moment game play, stellar graphics, best story in gaming, voice acting, no long loading times, optimized

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Diablo 3 in loot (after 800 patches)
Mario 64 in 3d platforming
Sonic 1 2d platformer physics based
Super mario world 2d platforming.
Destiny 2 (gunplay)
Zelda botw (open world exploring)
Minecraft (3d building)
Terraria (2d building)
Need for speed underground 2 (best arcade racer)
Breath of fire 2 (best jrpg)
Mario kart ds (best kart racing game)
Gta 5 (best complex open world)
Super hot (best vr game)
Tetris (best puzzle game)

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Bloodborne
Super Mario Bros 3
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Earthbound
Zelda: A Link to the Past

That’s about my favorite game line-up, I’m sure there are more and maybe I will update this. I also need to comment on why I feel each game is on the list.

Shifty

Ninja Gaiden Black

Super refined gameplay systems, deep combat, loads of variety in the equipment and encounters, and more content than you can shake a stick at thanks to mission mode.

My game of all time. Not perfect though, because it doesn't do NG+ and allow you to build up your arsenal across replays.

chechi

I love and usually prefer SP-games but the perfect game? It almost has to be CS:GO with its "simplicity" and easy to learn hard to master approach its a timeless masterpiece.

Bloodborne. A masterpiece of gameplay, design and story.

Yeah...sign me up as well. Not sure why I hadn't included it on my own accord.

Also:

Duke Nukem 3D

Still holds up as one of the most insanely fun, well designed, creative and tight FPS I've ever played for me. There's really nothing that bothers me in the slightest.

Gamerasi

Ps4: Bloodborne
PS3: The Last of Us
PS2: MGS 3, FFX, DQ VIII
PS1: MGS 1, FFVII

I'm bored writing. There are many games.

Top Bottom