• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN canceling and refunding Fractured But Whole pre-orders

U2NUMB

I was charged for the full game on Xbox... Wth I thought they didn't charge til release

They should not have charged us.. trying to clear it up now. Support confirmed they should not have charged. The problem.. they cant find the charge on their end. At least not yet... and the call is going on 40 min.

Edit: Finally refunded...

watdaeff4

So at this point.....

I see I'm locked out of Stick of Truth

The new game still shows on the PSN store preorder page but it no longer says I have it pre-ordered

So it looks like they cancelled my preorder, But still no refund.

Since it's Sony who does shit quirky I'll give them a couple of days before calling. But since their customer service is horrible I fully expect an uphill battle to get my money back, if ever.

Cranster

Banned
They should not have charged us.. trying to clear it up now. Support confirmed they should not have charged. The problem.. they cant find the charge on their end. At least not yet... and the call is going on 40 min.

Edit: Finally refunded...
Yep, looks like it was an error and that the store was still using the old release date. I spoke with online support and they refunded me right away. Once again Microsoft support saves my day!

jviggy43

Can you even get to your pre order via their website? Mine only goes back to like October and I pre ordered in July... and their support phone numbers on their site are AT&T numbers when I call them...

I honestly have no idea. I just got a message from them telling me it was delayed and that I could request a refund.

watdaeff4

LOL.
SO fuck Sony and their shitty customer service.

On the phone with them right now. They confirmed that the pre-order was cancelled (and that Stick of Truth is locked).

The agent told me they refunded my credit card on 3/9/17. When I informed him that isn't possible as they don't have my credit card information, he then said they refunded my wallet on 3/9/17.

Told him that I was looking at my wallet transaction history and that 1) there was no refund on March 9th 2) There were no transactions at all in that time period and 3) No refunds at all on my transaction history.

He now is "having to look into this further"

graywolf323

Gold Member
bumping this thread because I just grabbed some of the free Persona 5 DLC from this week and noticed Stick of Truth is back in my download list dated 4/17/2017

bumping this thread because I just grabbed some of the free Persona 5 DLC from this week and noticed Stick of Truth is back in my download list dated 4/17/2017

Thanks for the bump, just noticed it's there for me

I had mine cancelled the first time around, didn't re-purchase but still have it back in my list.

TheAznOne

Thanks for the bump, just noticed it's there for me

I had mine cancelled the first time around, didn't re-purchase but still have it back in my list.

Whoa a free game? I was the same, as I preordered the first time before being delayed and never preordered since then. Checked my download list and the SoT is actually there again. Redownloading now.

Whoa a free game? I was the same, as I preordered the first time before being delayed and never preordered since then. Checked my download list and the SoT is actually there again. Redownloading now.

Yeah the official word was those that had preordered it this time around could keep SoT, seems they have pushed it to all previous pre-orders as well. Got it downloading too, although did complete it on PS4 I never bothered to get the Platinum

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait so this game got delayed until possibly 2018? Wasn't it supposed to come out last year originally? What the hell.

If E3 comes and goes without an updated release date, it'll be safe to assume that the game isn't hitting this year.

gafneo

Banned
I wonder how this game could even get made when the show keeps getting new episodes pumped out every week. I'm guessing the refunds are accuring because they are going to change the title. Maybe some outrage happened over angry moms.

JP

Not really sure what's going on here but I pre-ordered Fractured But Whole when it was first available, downloaded Stick of Truth then canceled my pre-order at a later date due to it being delayed and got the money back.

I deleted Stick of Truth and it disappeared as expected from my library but logging into my US account just now I got this notification for PlayStation.
PlayStation said:
Thank you for your purchase of South Park: The Fractured But Whole on PS4. Some users had issues accessing Stick of Truth and it ahs since been corrected. To access the game restore licenses via........
So I renewed my licenses and Stick of Truth was downloading again, I've checked and Fractured But Whole doesn't show as being owned by me, I just have the option to pre-order it. I've started Stick of Truth up and it works, so I've no idea what's going on.

kenny-dance-south-park.gif

JP

Not really sure what's going on here but I pre-ordered Fractured But Whole when it was first available, downloaded Stick of Truth then canceled my pre-order at a later date due to it being delayed and got the money back.

I deleted Stick of Truth and it disappeared as expected from my library but logging into my US account just now I got this notification for PlayStation.

So I renewed my licenses and Stick of Truth was downloading again, I've checked and Fractured But Whole doesn't show as being owned by me, I just have the option to pre-order it. I've started Stick of Truth up and it works, so I've no idea what's going on.

Has anybody else checked this yet? I'm quite happy to end up with my free copy of the game but it'll be interesting to see if it's happening to everybody?

I got the same notice, did the restore license and Stick of Truth is back in my Library. I haven't re-download it yet though. Fractured But Whole shows the option to pre-order.

JP

I got the same notice, did the restore license and Stick of Truth is back in my Library. I haven't re-download it yet though. Fractured But Whole shows the option to pre-order.
Just the two of us then? That's probably a good thing in relation to us being able to keep them. :)

For those who cancelled their pre-orders earlier and didn't get to keep SOT, I was in the same boat. It locked me out of the game. However, it recently became available to me again. Had to restore my licenses, but now it works.

Edit: Sorry, was so excited I didn't realize it was old news!

Top Bottom