• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warning: Gears of War 3 leaked!

FGMPR

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Yeah, I'm looking for actual proof that the game leaked but can't find any. On youtube, warez sites, or torrents.

So...maybe it didn't?

Play Uno.

I don't think he meant a pedo's donger.

Stoffinator

How does a game actually get leaked? Is it somebody in the studio or someone who works in manufacturing? I just never get how a game gets leaked so early. I can see a few days (or even a week or two) before release, but this long?

grief

Stoffinator said:
I does a game actually get leaked? Is it somebody in the studio or someone who works in manufacturing? I just never get how a game gets leaked so early. I can see a few days (or even a week or two) before release, but this long?
It looks like this one came from E3 or some sort of press event as it says Beta on the menus. I wonder how someone manages to sneak a disc or the hard drive off of a demo machine though.

Derrick01

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Who gives a shit about the plot of Gears of War anyway? Or Crysis 2 and Deus Ex for that matter. It's like playing Mario and Tetris for plot.

I do. Gears has enjoyable single player campaigns, they're not oscar stories but they're fun and that's all I care about. It's definitely NOT comparable to mario's save the princess 50000 times story.

Cow Mengde said:
Who gives a shit about the plot of Gears of War anyway? Or Crysis 2 and Deus Ex for that matter. It's like playing Mario and Tetris for plot.

might as well just open it up to all video games

*braces for token ICO/SOTC/Portal response

Dosia

Stoffinator said:
I does a game actually get leaked? Is it somebody in the studio or someone who works in manufacturing? I just never get how a game gets leaked so early. I can see a few days (or even a week or two) before release, but this long?

I read someone hacked into epics servers and got a hold of it. Typically games get leaked when they are pressed at the factory.

skyfinch

Nothing really happens anyway. Dom shaves his beard, Marcus joins a Brumak rodeo, and Anya falls into a grub hole, never to be seen again. That's it! That's how the Gears of War series ends. Not very exciting but worth the fight. Oh, and wait till you see what happens to Cole. It will excite and horrify you.

Stoffinator said:

Press events, QA's and places like that. Could even be leaked by actual devs sometimes. Remember the manhunt 2 beta that got leaked after it got banned? That was some sony QA with bad security.

Derrick01 said:
Getting tired of games leaking months early now. It's hard enough to dodge deus ex spoilers, same with crysis 2 when that whole thing happened.
The only thing that would have been spoiled is that Crysis 2 had a terrible story.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Damn.... my condolences to Epic.

I hope they won't go F2P because of that, lol. They one of those few studious which can deliver epic SP.

Derrick01 said:
I do. Gears has enjoyable single player campaigns, they're not oscar stories but they're fun and that's all I care about. It's definitely NOT comparable to mario's save the princess 50000 times story.

its totally comparable. How the hell is gears unique? every fucking shooter game in the past 10 years is either directly about the war on terror/war for oil or it's a metaphor for it, like Gears. its even more boring than a "save the princess" story.

Dosia said:
I read someone hacked into epics servers and got a hold of it. Typically games get leaked when they are pressed at the factory.

Title screen shows Gears Of War 3 BETA

Surely if it was being worked on at the studio and was stolen from there - they wouldn't still be calling it a beta - that would be for public showing?

Omikaru

Phloxy said:
There are videos all over youtube as proof. Just a heads up.
Really? I've not seen anything like that on YouTube. Maybe I'm not using the right keywords or something, but I couldn't find anything at all.

Acidote

This kind of things happen when you hold an almost finished game for months just to make a console season looks like it's not a wasteland.

I want games I like for my 360 :(

Smision said:
its totally comparable. How the hell is gears unique? every fucking shooter game in the past 10 years is either directly about the war on terror/war for oil or it's a metaphor for it, like Gears. its even more boring than a "save the princess" story.

It's boring and has been done a hundred times before no doubt. But that still doesn't mean I would want the story spoiled for gears or any other game like that.

Omikaru said:
Really? I've not seen anything like that on YouTube. Maybe I'm not using the right keywords or something, but I couldn't find anything at all.

I'd link to it, but not sure of the mod's opinions of that!?

Stoffinator

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Press events, QA's and places like that. Could even be leaked by actual devs sometimes. Remember the manhunt 2 beta that got leaked after it got banned? That was some sony QA with bad security.

Why would they ever bring a "full" game to press events? It's not like they play through the whole thing, right? Seems like a security risk to me.

Derrick01

Banned
Lostconfused said:
The only thing that would have been spoiled is that Crysis 2 had a terrible story.

It really did but I want to find out for myself. I managed to avoid spoilers but I'm just saying on principle I don't want anything that's not made from nintendo spoiled.

And I'm not trying to open a debate about video game stories because I don't really give a shit what anyone else thinks about that. I just hate running into spoilers.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Really buggy early build like how Doom3 leaked? I don't think that's going to hurt the dev. Still shouldn't happen, but it's not like you can play it through completion without going through hell. Very few people will do that, so they've lost little if anything. That kind of persistence to pirate would have pirated anyway.

Omikaru

woodsey1982 said:
I'd link to it, but not sure of the mod's opinions of that!?
All I've found are a bunch of rickrolls. I can't see any leaked Gears 3 campaign footage that has been uploaded recently. I did find one that was uploaded about a month ago, but I think that one is common knowledge.

Edit: Actually, okay, I've seen it. This looks real! :O

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
It's boring and has been done a hundred times before no doubt. But that still doesn't mean I would want the story spoiled for gears or any other game like that.

spoilers: the good guys win. the degree to which they win may vary-- perfect victory, bittersweet after the deaths of some comrades, bittersweet after its unclear how "good" they really are, bad victory when they lose everything in the process of winning, etc.

Can't wait to see what focus group #34769 chose for Gears 3's ending!

Cmagus

I care about the story I don't have xbox live gold so I can't even play it online lol the campaign is why I am buying this.

Smision said:
spoilers: the good guys win. the degree to which they win may vary-- perfect victory, bittersweet after the deaths of some comrades, bittersweet after its unclear how "good" they really are, bad victory when they lose everything in the process of winning, etc.

We get it. You don't care about it, I don't care too much either but I would much rather not have it spoiled that's for sure.

Some capital asshats in this thread.

Sucks for everyone who has worked on it. Time for Cliffy & Ice to become buddy cop pirate hunters and crush whoever did this.

Derrick01 said:
It really did but I want to find out for myself.
I understand that. But I am also glad that the Human Revolution preview build leaked since it saved us from having to pay any kind of attention to the terrible opinions of the enthusiast press.

Rapstah

Maybe now I can finally find out if there actually is split-screen co-op or if you have to sit around with two controllers pretending...

smik

this is really bad news

i had known about this about a month ago but now its looks wide spread :/

Im going on a complete media blackout til now and September, its the only smart move.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It's most likely still the employee beta that was leaked some weeks/a month ago, and if I remember correctly, it only has the first two Acts of the story, and the multiplayer maps have stuff like green geometry blocks here and there.

Not to mention that you need a Jtag to even run it.

There's been like only four videos that got out from it, two were from the campaign, one was that Gridlock at night video and the last one was Horde on a new map, and all three get deleted everytime they get uploaded anywhere, and today I saw a new MP video came out again, which will probably be gone soon too.

I wouldn't worry much about it at all, especially since it's the beginning of the campaign.

Derrick01

Banned
Lostconfused said:
I understand that. But I am also glad that the Human Revolution preview build leaked since it saved us from having to pay any kind of attention to the terrible opinions of the enthusiast press.

This is true too, reading the impressions from Gaf got rid of all my fears for the game.

But the hardest thing I've had to do this gen is making myself not download that. I know it's great now so all I want to do is play it, I've waited close to 10 years for a worthy successor.

Skilotonn said:
It's most likely still the employee beta that was leaked some weeks/a month ago, and if I remember correctly, it only has the first two Acts of the story, and the multiplayer maps have stuff like green geometry blocks here and there.

Not to mention that you need a Jtag to even run it.

There's been like only four videos that got out from it, two were from the campaign, one was that Gridlock at night video and the last one was Horde on a new map, and all three get deleted everytime they get uploaded anywhere, and today I saw a new MP video came out again, which will probably be gone soon too.

I wouldn't worry much about it at all, especially since it's the beginning of the campaign.

That it does have just by looking at that 1 min youtube video and this one is of course jtag only too.

Utako

Banned
Smision said:

Exactly. It's rubbish.

The only folks who should care about this leak are pirates. This is their version of a demo!

This doesn't hurt Epic (well, besides their pride), and this shouldn't be any harder to ignore than a preview for people who like these kinds of games.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
BatmanBatmanBatman said:
That it does have just by looking at that 1 min youtube video and this one is of course jtag only too.

Yeah, it's nothing to worry about really, since it's been out for a month or more and nothing big has been shown yet.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Has been happening a lot latelly....but this one if leaking really damn early.

Not that it will affect sales, pirates gonna pirate

coldvein

Banned
Smision said:

hahaha. nice.

Top Bottom