• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mobile -OT-

Alec

Halfway through 27. All stretch goals complete. Once I hit level 30 and unlock that last achievement, I'm probably putting the game down for a while.

alf717

Halfway through 27. All stretch goals complete. Once I hit level 30 and unlock that last achievement, I'm probably putting the game down for a while.

I'm at level 33 right not just a pinch away from 34. Still can't stop. I put in $0.99 for the extra stuff with bonuses. Kind enjoy waiting out the amenities to finish building. It feels like you don't really need to invest cash in this at all. Wish I could take advantage of the My Nintendo stuff but I have to wait it out until the end of the month. I couldn't get some of the stretch goal complete until I was over level 30. Working on my last set of four and the link my account goals.

I have 2 extra tents, no more room to build others. Do I build on top of the ones that I already built? Will the max lvl of the previous unlocks go back to base values? What about those that I haven't yet raised with the previously built tents?

celebi23

So, I was just able to grab the 1.0.0 update on my Nexus 7 via a VPN and an AUS google account. Proof of the update:
kimsJSB.png

23joqjf.png

L3TI5Bu.png
https://mega.nz/#!f4Bl0Qwb!PvmmeBaFJtiZ6dR8ihctZj9kqlZPOxB9rlez9ABIS3M

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nThwsXvCO_Vz16zuPJ0hawYCleyd71W3

Enjoy!

alf717

Thanks for the link to the new update. I was able to change over to the US and link my account. I can now access the My Nintendo goodies with an NA account.

So I just looked out of hope and the game was available on the play store (UK) but now I'm getting this error code every time "a communication error has occured" support code 802-9009, has anyone else seen this? I googled it but could only find different communication error codes, nothing on this one.

Rich

So I just looked out of hope and the game was available on the play store (UK) but now I'm getting this error code every time "a communication error has occured" support code 802-9009, has anyone else seen this? I googled it but could only find different communication error codes, nothing on this one.

I'm getting the same error.

Looks like the full game is up on the store now.
Finally linked my account so now I don't have to worry about losing all that progress.

Error here, android. Anyone with android got the game to work?

Yes I'm on android, servers seem to be full or on the edge of being full all the time as it's just come out, I guess they weren't expecting this many players.

Played it for half hour or so, not sure about it, feel like I'm still just waiting for a mainline game at this point

gweemz

I have 2 extra tents, no more room to build others. Do I build on top of the ones that I already built? Will the max lvl of the previous unlocks go back to base values? What about those that I haven't yet raised with the previously built tents?

You build over the existing ones. Any upgrades will remain.

gweemz

Probably for the best. Level 43 here, have been bored with the game for the past 2 weeks. Too much grinding now to get upgrades. Plus new villagers stop after 36.

Stevek211

Anyone getting this message from Google Play Store "This app is incompatible with your device." I'm clueless why its giving me that

Yep, this
Hopefully we don't have to wait too long. I'm afraid of what the playtime counter on the Switch will read with Animal Crossing Switch. I already have two titles above 100 hours: Zelda BotW and Stardew Valley. I just know I'll be engrossed by the next installment of animal crossing.

woopWOOP

I wish you didn't have to go to someone else's site just to give them kudos

Hope they add more features and stuff to do in the near future, because right now it's just too dull for me

darkziosj

Im lvl 10 and the game is alredy too damn boring doing the exactly same thing over and over, i hope they add some new stuff because right now it's just a grindfest.

Im lvl 10 and the game is alredy too damn boring doing the exactly same thing over and over, i hope they add some new stuff because right now it's just a grindfest.
Definitely becomes a "grindfest" eventually. The one thing I hate about the app is that it doesn't indicate you're already in the process of crafting certain furniture. I've already made two orders for duplicates because I didn't realize I was already crafting the item. Waste of bells, time, crafting space, and resources. Oh well I just need to be more careful and actually look at what I have crafting.

WaterAstro

Well, this garden event is definitely a big sign of some sort of pay2win. I'm not paying, and I'm literally harvesting and planting, getting friends to give me butterflies at every hour. I'm hardcore playing it, and I don't think I'll get this shit done.

I just finished 20 plants, which gave about 12 butterflies, and I managed to catch 2 of them. Holy crap! Yes, there's an option to pay to get a 100% chance. Thanks Nintendo. You're real shady with this event.

Owari

Just hit level 72, got the gundam and unlocked the
ROVER CUTSCENE
. Feels good bruh.

WaterAstro

Holy crap, these new animals are the stuff of nightmares. It's like a crossover between Animal Crossing and Five Nights at Freddy's.

WaterAstro

Sorry for the bump from the dead, but I just wanted to say that Nintendo has made another mobile failure in my eyes.
Pocket Camp is just a grind, and their events are cash grabs. This is completely the opposite of what an Animal Crossing should be: a casual game that feels like a stress-free hangout.

Absolute garbage game. I finally quit after this garden event finally taking its toll on body. I can't believe I would wake up in the middle of the night to do this shit.

Last edited:

Owari

Sorry for the bump from the dead, but I just wanted to say that Nintendo has made another mobile failure in my eyes.
Pocket Camp is just a grind, and their events are cash grabs. This is completely the opposite of what an Animal Crossing should be: a casual game that feels like a stress-free hangout.

Absolute garbage game. I finally quit after this garden event finally taking its toll on body. I can't believe I would wake up in the middle of the night to do this shit.
Sorry you feel that way. I’ve been playing casually since AU beta, am level 90, and loving the game. The game is far from a failure, as it’s raking in cash for Nintendo using the AC franchise. If it weren’t raking in cash, there wouldn’t be bi-weekly updates, either.

I’ve never woken up in the middle of the night to reset timers or anything like that. Sounds like you burnt yourself out on the game.

The events don’t require money to beat, lol. Not even close. Also, the game is confirmed to connect to AC Switch, so if you decide to stop playing, know you won’t have as much as someone who didn’t.

Last edited:
Top Bottom