• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
trials.jpg

my game goes more like this

5wI6W.png

F#A#Oo

Banned
This game has made me go late to bed 2 nights in a row...won't be able to play till tomorrow but man I'm constantly think about how in the world can I improve.

I always try and silver a stage before moving on but I get OCD real bad with wanting to gold a stage+no faults to the point that it affects my ability to move on...

I'm enjoying the game...but it can take over because the difficulty is just enough to give me hope...lol

MMaRsu

Banned
This game has made me go late to bed 2 nights in a row...won't be able to play till tomorrow but man I'm constantly think about how in the world can I improve.

I always try and silver a stage before moving on but I get OCD real bad with wanting to gold a stage+no faults to the point that it affects my ability to move on...

I'm enjoying the game...but it can take over because the difficulty is just enough to give me hope...lol
ive been going to bed 2hrs late three days in a row:(

Haunted

First time finishing an extreme track without really looking at the faults or time (out of desperation, really).

12 minutes, 200+ faults

feels bad man

I hate The Wreck.

That large barrel at the top of that short ramp was the death of me last night. Videos make it look so easy. =/
I jumped on last night at 6:30pm and logged off at 2:30am. Holy Shit this game! Yeah I don't usually go to bed at 2:30 on a work night. Went back and got gold on some tracks, beat some friends times and struggled through beating a few extreme tracks. I want to play more. I'll never be great but I could just feel how much I was improving my game last night. 8 hours straight will do that. Tired...

Curley

see5harp

I thought I had hit a brick wall after trying to Gold the Sewage Plant level for a hour on Sunday night. Yesterday, I booted the game up and picked the 450cc bike to warm up and I ended up Golded all of the first set of medium tracks on with relative ease. If you are having issues, you may want to try that out.

Hixx

I thought I had hit a brick wall after trying to Gold the Sewage Plant level for a hour on Sunday night. Yesterday, I booted the game up and picked the 450cc bike to warm up and I ended up Golded all of the first set of medium tracks on with relative ease. If you are having issues, you may want to try that out.

I've got no non-extreme tracks to go back and Gold because I got anal and made sure I gold..ed them first time round. Apart from Gigatrack. Hmm.

see5harp

I've got no non-extreme tracks to go back and Gold because I got anal and made sure I gold..ed them first time round. Apart from Gigatrack. Hmm.

I think a lot of the time, I'm just getting too much speed with the Phoenix. The 450cc bike is heavier and seems to have a lot less acceleration which gives you a little more time to adjust the bike. I find most of my crashes are a result of flipping the bike on an incline so it was helpful. I'm going to try and tackle Gigatrack tonight using the slower bike.

Overdoziz

Banned
I think a lot of the time, I'm just getting too much speed with the Phoenix. The 450cc bike is heavier and seems to have a lot less acceleration which gives you a little more time to adjust the bike. I find most of my crashes are a result of flipping the bike on an incline so it was helpful. I'm going to try and tackle Gigatrack tonight using the slower bike.
There's one jump that's really hard to make even with the Phoenix. With a slower bike it would be much harder.

see5harp

There's one jump that's really hard to make even with the Phoenix. With a slower bike it would be much harder.

That really long jump in the middle? Well I'll try it out, I was just surprised that the earlier bikes weren't really nerfed in those easy and medium tracks. If you are heavy on the gas like I am I tend to overshoot the jumps.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Long jumps are actually easier with the 450cc, espcially that one in Gigatrack. Gigatrack was a breaze once I switched to the 450cc, it is way more stable which is quite useful on Gigatrack.

cackhyena

I would've thought they would do away with tracks where the environmental physics bullshit is what fucks you up rather than your incompetence at navigating the course. Uncool. Your piece of the track didn't fall away the way it normally does this time so the goes my perfect run three quarters through.

see5harp

I would've thought they would do away with tracks where the environmental physics bullshit is what fucks you up rather than your incompetence at navigating the course. Uncool. Your piece of the track didn't fall away the way it normally does this time so the goes my perfect run three quarters through.

Most of the time I find the environment operates exactly the same according to scripting, it's just that stuff like the air jets depend on the player to hit it a certain angle and speed. If anything it is the player that is the inconsistancy.

In any case, I'm happy to hear the 450cc is doable for gigatrack. It does have a higher top speed it just takes a little longer to get there. I

A lot of the "weird" physics stuff in this game (like the water jets in the sewage plant) is consistent, but has wildly different effects on your run with even the slightest variation in speed or angle of approach. In that sense, it's incredibly unpredictable, even if it's technically consistent.

i really wish this game had more easy/medium level tracks. i'm not really interested in doing the extreme runs. i like the feeling of going fast and chaining big jumps together more than successfully vaulting my bike over a tower of barrels only to fall face first into a landmine on the other side.

great game though. completely ate up last weekend.

edit: this was probably answered, but does the 500 faults save between runs? or is it 500 faults on your CURRENT run? i.e. can i quit a track at 499 faults and then quit out and make 499 more?

see5harp

A lot of the "weird" physics stuff in this game (like the water jets in the sewage plant) is consistent, but has wildly different effects on your run with even the slightest variation in speed or angle of approach. In that sense, it's incredibly unpredictable, even if it's technically consistent.

Agreed. There are just a ton of variables. Part of the beauty for me is reacting to unpredictable stuff, making the adjustments, and then laughing when you actually do a quardruple front flip and bounce off the top of a ramp to make a seemingly impossible jump. You take a good with the bad I suppose.

MMaRsu

Banned
i really wish this game had more easy/medium level tracks. i'm not really interested in doing the extreme runs. i like the feeling of going fast and chaining big jumps together more than successfully vaulting my bike over a tower of barrels only to fall face first into a landmine on the other side.

great game though. completely ate up last weekend.

edit: this was probably answered, but does the 500 faults save between runs? or is it 500 faults on your CURRENT run? i.e. can i quit a track at 499 faults and then quit out and make 499 more?

Helloooo???

Unlimited easy/medium tracks through track central dude.

Overdoziz

Banned
The Wreck is destroying my chances of getting Gold in the Extreme Tournament. :(
The barrel jump isn't hard, but the jump right after it where you have to jump over a crate that's on a slope is incredibly frustrating.

I have a really bad habit of resetting each time I fault. It's really hampering my progression through the base tracks.

I, and i'm sure many others, used to do that also. I've just given in that i'm not going to gold or no fault everything the first time, or ever, and take the first few competed runs to learn the track nuisances. I'd say just do your best to get through the tracks then come back as your skills progress and knock them out.

Haunted

The Wreck is destroying my chances of getting Gold in the Extreme Tournament. :(
The barrel jump isn't hard, but the jump right after it where you have to jump over a crate that's on a slope is incredibly frustrating.
The Wreck is the penultimate Extreme Track I haven't finished yet and I didn't even make it to the barrel. Reading how hard that barrel jump is in 15 different posts here scared me - and now you're telling me there's a worse one after that? Goddamn.

Agree the Scorpion should be used for Gigatrack. I'm pretty sure it's the bike used for #1 on the leaderboards on that track. All I do is check #1 for a track I'm unsure of and use that bike. It's almost always the Phoenix on everything past easy but sometimes it's the Scorpion.

How many people have hit select instead of B by accident? I did it last night on one of the extreme tracks when I was near the end. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

That jump's really easy, actually.

Just totally GO FOR IT. Full throttle from the checkpoint and don't let off the throttle at all. Quick bunny hop and you're over it. If you try and think about it and take it slow, you'll have a hell of a time.

Brakara

Agree the Scorpion should be used for Gigatrack. I'm pretty sure it's the bike used for #1 on the leaderboards on that track. All I do is check #1 for a track I'm unsure of and use that bike. It's almost always the Phoenix on everything past easy but sometimes it's the Scorpion.

Many medium tracks are best with the Scorpion. As you say, make sure to check the leaderboard before making an attempt.

Surprised how much frustration there is over the Phoenix. It's basically required for Hard and Extreme and I feel the Scorpion is just boring in comparison on most tracks that can use both. The Phoenix is what really hones your skills in Trials. But then, I've always enjoyed the slow, technical tracks more than the swoopy smooth tracks. Getting over an awkward pile of boxes smoothly is much satisfying than smoothly rolling over a bunch of hills.

Top Bottom