• @NeoGAF

vermadas
(10-12-2017, 07:47 PM)
TPCast Wireless Addon for Rift will be available by the end of the year
aaaaa0
(10-13-2017, 04:15 AM)

Originally Posted by vermadas

Are they going to ship for Vive first? I pre-ordered the Vive TPCAST in September, and just had my pre-order cancelled by the Microsoft Store due to it not being released on time. :(
hwalker84
(10-13-2017, 05:23 AM)

Originally Posted by vermadas

I need this.
The Chef
(10-14-2017, 04:32 PM)
Played Alien Isolation in VR for the first time.
I now truly understand the reason for teleportation in games. Moving around like that...
Ugh I felt sick almost immediately.
Greatest Ever
pretentious trash
(10-14-2017, 04:34 PM)

Originally Posted by The Chef

Played Alien Isolation in VR for the first time.
I now truly understand the reason for teleportation in games. Moving around like that...
Ugh I felt sick almost immediately.

Well Alien Isolation also controls the camera with the right stick, which is what made me feel sick. A game like Onward, natively built for VR, has full locomotion that's dependant on the way you're facing and only lets the camera move with your head.
The Chef
(10-14-2017, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Greatest Ever

Well Alien Isolation also controls the camera with the right stick, which is what made me feel sick. A game like Onward, natively built for VR, has full locomotion that's dependant on the way you're facing and only lets the camera move with your head.

Id be curious if that makes me feel sick too.
Tain
(10-14-2017, 07:27 PM)
For most there are degrees of discomfort. Right stick rotation is, like, one of the very worst things you can do.
The Chef
(10-15-2017, 03:48 AM)
Can anyone help me with Hotdogs Horseshoes and Hand Grenades? At a friend's house playing this and the floor in the game is WAAAY too low. Like weapons spawn by your ankles and you have to stoop to the ground to pick them up.
Cannot figure out how to reset our position or anything.
Any ideas?

Edit: his steam room scale was all kinds of messed up. Redoing it fixed the problem.
Last edited by The Chef; 10-15-2017 at 04:17 AM.
Jzero
(10-15-2017, 04:28 AM)
I bought that insomniac game since it was so cheap, let's see when I'll have time to play.
Exuro
(10-15-2017, 04:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Jzero

I bought that insomniac game since it was so cheap, let's see when I'll have time to play.

Yeah same here. $5 seemed too good to pass up. Just need to find time to actual play it.
FlyinJ
Douchebag. Yes, me.
(10-15-2017, 04:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Greatest Ever

The guy who made the mod is going to add stepped rotation in which will help a lot with motion sickness.
Jzero
(Today, 02:27 AM)
Is there like really short (like 1 inch) versions of the Oculus sensors stands that I can put on top of my studio monitors?
I really don't want to make more holes on my wall but it's looking like i'm going to have to do that.
Last edited by Jzero; Today at 02:35 AM.
Sleeping Lesson
(Today, 04:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Jzero

Is there like really short (like 1 inch) versions of the Oculus sensors stands that I can put on top of my studio monitors?
I really don't want to make more holes on my wall but it's looking like i'm going to have to do that.

It's just a standard screw mount. There are hundreds of variations of stand and mounts that they're work with.
AllIsOneIsNone
(Today, 04:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Tain

For most there are degrees of discomfort. Right stick rotation is, like, one of the very worst things you can do.

Yet necessary with a wired headset (for some games). The snap rotation is what works the best right now, but it is definitely janky feeling.