• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Ally of Justice
Member
(10-12-2017, 05:10 PM)
Ally of Justice's Avatar
Bonz is uninteresting as hell, I was sure we would be getting Zombie Master. The only good things are Ryu Kokki, which is underwhelming compared to Red-Eyes Zombie and all its support and Call of the Mummy, that seems a little redundant considering Gozuki can do the same.

Call of the Mummy + Despair from the Dark was a common strategy for zombie decks pre-Mezuki, but even with our current cardpool, I'm sure Gozuki fills that niche plus also being useful while topdecking.

Monster Rebone sounds really interesting, and it even banishes the used monster. I think it'll become a must have against REZ and Phoenix decks, but I'm not sure if it does something against Cyber Angels.

---

I'm trying to get a second King of the Swamp for my Hero deck. I'm about 1/3rd of the Box and I've gotten 4 UR. While I got a second Card Guard and a second Horus LV8 (although I'm not sure I would use a second one), I have no use for a second Five Headed Dragon, and I'm struggling to find a use for De-Fusion.
Arthos
Member
(10-12-2017, 07:39 PM)
Arthos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ally of Justice

I'm trying to get a second King of the Swamp for my Hero deck. I'm about 1/3rd of the Box and I've gotten 4 UR. While I got a second Card Guard and a second Horus LV8 (although I'm not sure I would use a second one), I have no use for a second Five Headed Dragon, and I'm struggling to find a use for De-Fusion.

I'm trying to get my first Floodgate. Down to 45 packs left and nothing.

As for De-fusion, you can use it in an Ojama deck. Summon up King and de-fuse and then use that Ojama spell card that clears out the opponent's field. Aside from that, not sure what else it can be used for.

Finished up my Cyber Angel deck. Or, at least, got my 3rd Dakini and got to level 38 for the 2nd Petit. Stuck in Plat right now. I need something to counter Red Eyes for when I brick.
A.J.
Member
(10-12-2017, 08:06 PM)
A.J.'s Avatar
Crowler is later this month right?
Thores
Member
(10-12-2017, 08:28 PM)
Thores's Avatar

Originally Posted by A.J.

Crowler is later this month right?

Yup! I'm excited purely for fluff reasons. I really, really want Goku to reprise his role.
Ally of Justice
Member
(10-12-2017, 09:28 PM)
Ally of Justice's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arthos

I'm trying to get my first Floodgate. Down to 45 packs left and nothing.

Good luck on that. My second Floodgate was on the literally the last pack of the box.

My problem with De-Fusion is that most of the time I use substitute materials, and I don't like the idea of summoning King of the Swamp or the Earth Hex Sealed Fusion, although they may be nice for a quick finisher, although I'm not sure the AI is smart enough to know when to use it.
A.J.
Member
(10-12-2017, 09:29 PM)
A.J.'s Avatar
Is there any reason to have 2 Defusion? I already have 2 of Floodgate, Horus, and Swamp, so I'm not sure if I should reset the box.
Crimsonlink
Member
(10-12-2017, 10:27 PM)
Crimsonlink's Avatar

Originally Posted by A.J.

Is there any reason to have 2 Defusion? I already have 2 of Floodgate, Horus, and Swamp, so I'm not sure if I should reset the box.

Nah just reset it to get better cards. If you pull defusion before the other cards. You have 2 which is about all you need max anyways.
Ilvocare
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:09 PM)
Ilvocare's Avatar
thanks to gx coming to duel links a friend of mine convinced me to watch gx from the beginning

two weeks later and I'm on episode 67 or 68? this show is the dumbest but I can't stop watching, help

oh yeah with bonz using Mask of the Accursed is unhappy girl not good enough to play with the big boys? (i.e. farming?)
A.J.
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:53 AM)
A.J.'s Avatar
Well I just stumbled upon the gold that is Aster vs Chazz dialogue

"Time to Chazz you down."

"Aster? More like Laster."
ReiGun
They call me "Mr Soap"
(10-13-2017, 05:11 AM)
ReiGun's Avatar
Does the duelist you're playing as affect the keys you get? I definitely feel like I get more white and yellow keys than anything, and I've been playing as Alexis and Chazz mostly lately.

Probably means nothing, but I just noticed I tend to get those keys more often.
Ally of Justice
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:11 PM)
Ally of Justice's Avatar

Originally Posted by ReiGun

Does the duelist you're playing as affect the keys you get? I definitely feel like I get more white and yellow keys than anything, and I've been playing as Alexis and Chazz mostly lately.

Probably means nothing, but I just noticed I tend to get those keys more often.

I don't think so, but I think the type of keys you get is dependent of the deck you're playing against, but don't quote me on that.

---

I bought a second Hero Structure, mainly for a second Fusion Recovery and I've been testing E-Heroes again. I still think two or even three King of the Swamp are a must, and Fusion Recovery is useful but still doesn't solve their problem with the Fusions being weak.
I added a Fusion Weapon to make them stronger and while it works (a direct attacking Mariner with 2900 is great, and a 3900 Thunder Giant can kill anything), they're still not searchable nor strong enough on their own, and since they're not searchable, it's hard to find a good ratio.

But what I think it's going to hurt them the most is the limited Extra Deck size, as they'll lose their "Toolbox" nature and will have to focus on two or three Fusions at most.
Last edited by Ally of Justice; 10-13-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Crimsonlink
Member
(10-13-2017, 09:30 PM)
Crimsonlink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ally of Justice

I don't think so, but I think the type of keys you get is dependent of the deck you're playing against, but don't quote me on that.

---

I bought a second Hero Structure, mainly for a second Fusion Recovery and I've been testing E-Heroes again. I still think two or even three King of the Swamp are a must, and Fusion Recovery is useful but still doesn't solve their problem with the Fusions being weak.
I added a Fusion Weapon to make them stronger and while it works (a direct attacking Mariner with 2900 is great, and a 3900 Thunder Giant can kill anything), they're still not searchable nor strong enough on their own, and since they're not searchable, it's hard to find a good ratio.

But what I think it's going to hurt them the most is the limited Extra Deck size, as they'll lose their "Toolbox" nature and will have to focus on two or three Fusions at most.

Just give Stratos and problem solved lol. But yeah the better fusions need to come out.

Thunder Giant and Flame Wingman are the only 2 that are actually any good right now.
Shin K Dash
Member
(10-13-2017, 09:34 PM)
Shin K Dash's Avatar
TBH i am surprised that Jaden doesn't have a skill that extends his Extra Deck size.
Ally of Justice
Member
(10-13-2017, 10:04 PM)
Ally of Justice's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimsonlink

Just give Stratos and problem solved lol. But yeah the better fusions need to come out.

Thunder Giant and Flame Wingman are the only 2 that are actually any good right now.

Mariner's nice too, but it needs support unlike the other two. We definitely need E - Emergency Call at the very least, but yeah, Stratos would be a god send, and we also need more of the good fusions.

And I'd like a bigger Extra Deck as a skill or something. Right now is good enough, but as more Fusions and cards are released, we'll need at least a 10 card limit.
Crimsonlink
Member
(10-13-2017, 10:13 PM)
Crimsonlink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ally of Justice

Mariner's nice too, but it needs support unlike the other two. We definitely need E - Emergency Call at the very least, but yeah, Stratos would be a god send, and we also need more of the good fusions.

And I'd like a bigger Extra Deck as a skill or something. Right now is good enough, but as more Fusions and cards are released, we'll need at least a 10 card limit.

Shocked that Blade Edge didn't get in on the first pack. I just want fusions to be a thing before Contact Fusion makes it obsolete.
cHinzo
Member
(10-13-2017, 10:17 PM)
cHinzo's Avatar
Just got two Pumpkings in a row from just auto dueling. I guess they buffed the droprates of these platinum packs with the GX update?
A.J.
Member
(10-14-2017, 03:06 AM)
A.J.'s Avatar
Someone posted this on the subreddit. Aster really does have the best dialogue so far.
RadioHeadAche
Member
(10-14-2017, 07:32 AM)
RadioHeadAche's Avatar

Originally Posted by cHinzo

Just got two Pumpkings in a row from just auto dueling. I guess they buffed the droprates of these platinum packs with the GX update?

Seems that way. I've gotten at least three of those from three different level 10&20 LDs. Also, Bonz awarded me 3/5 of his SR/UR cards, and that's never happened to me before.
Last edited by RadioHeadAche; 10-14-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Fettbacke
Junior Member
(10-14-2017, 10:35 AM)
Fettbacke's Avatar
I just got the shittiest luck in this fukkin game. ~300 pvp duells this month and still not king of games. I always get the shittiest starting hand one can imagine in my rank up match. Never got king of games because of my bad luck :(

So im like a second Senju would make my Cyber Angel deck a bit better. Down to 30 packs... still no Senju..... :/
A.J.
Member
(10-14-2017, 03:34 PM)
A.J.'s Avatar
I've been playing a 3SD Horus deck and boy does it hard counter Cyber Angels
Crimsonlink
Member
(10-14-2017, 06:02 PM)
Crimsonlink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fettbacke

I just got the shittiest luck in this fukkin game. ~300 pvp duells this month and still not king of games. I always get the shittiest starting hand one can imagine in my rank up match. Never got king of games because of my bad luck :(

So im like a second Senju would make my Cyber Angel deck a bit better. Down to 30 packs... still no Senju..... :/

Some day it feels like you always just get shit hands or draw the wrong card or your opponent gets the exact card to counter you.

Originally Posted by A.J.

I've been playing a 3SD Horus deck and boy does it hard counter Cyber Angels

I imagine so with that negating spells and having higher attack than almost all the angels lol.

I have my zombie deck set so I'm pretty good on that front. Just beatdown x3 REs is enough lol.
A.J.
Member
(10-14-2017, 09:03 PM)
A.J.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimsonlink

I imagine so with that negating spells and having higher attack than almost all the angels lol.

I have my zombie deck set so I'm pretty good on that front. Just beatdown x3 REs is enough lol.

Yeah, it's super easy to get lv 8 out even on turn 1 which pretty much calls the game if you are facing Cyber Angels or Ojama.
cHinzo
Member
(10-14-2017, 10:24 PM)
cHinzo's Avatar

Originally Posted by A.J.

Yeah, it's super easy to get lv 8 out even on turn 1 which pretty much calls the game if you are facing Cyber Angels or Ojama.

What's ur decklist? U use level ups?
wol93
Junior Member
(10-14-2017, 10:32 PM)
Still no news and release date of the PC version ?
Juan
Member
(10-14-2017, 10:43 PM)
Juan's Avatar

Originally Posted by wol93

Still no news and release date of the PC version ?

Was a PC version even considered? I never heard about this actually.

I'm playing it on my Mac using an Android emulator, it works really well.
A.J.
Member
(10-14-2017, 11:01 PM)
A.J.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by cHinzo

What's ur decklist? U use level ups?

wol93
Junior Member
(10-14-2017, 11:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Juan

Was a PC version even considered? I never heard about this actually.

I'm playing it on my Mac using an Android emulator, it works really well.

Yes, it was announced at TGS
cHinzo
Member
(10-14-2017, 11:40 PM)
cHinzo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Juan

Was a PC version even considered? I never heard about this actually.

I'm playing it on my Mac using an Android emulator, it works really well.

Think they announced it at TGS or something. There will be a PC version of the game on Steam this winter.

Originally Posted by A.J.

Thanks! Rip the Floodgate Trap Holes, Kuribohs and Level Ups though. Gonna try to get my second FTH first. Ever considered using a Kidmodo version? People said it was more consistent.
Shin K Dash
Member
(10-14-2017, 11:46 PM)
Shin K Dash's Avatar

Originally Posted by A.J.

This deck looks awesome..
cHinzo
Member
(10-15-2017, 04:36 PM)
cHinzo's Avatar
275 free gems for reaching 55 million downloads. :D
ReiGun
They call me "Mr Soap"
(10-16-2017, 01:41 AM)
ReiGun's Avatar
I've got multiple copies of all of Bastion's rewards...except Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell. Which is the card I really want, yet haven't even gotten one.

It's like the rng knows my desires and actively works to fuck me over.
cHinzo
Member
(10-16-2017, 03:06 AM)
cHinzo's Avatar
Forbidden Chalice and Man-Eater Bug hype!
A.J.
Member
(10-16-2017, 05:00 AM)
A.J.'s Avatar
Looks like we have a website now for our upcoming boxes
https://www.konami.com/yugioh/duel_l...ants_of_kings/
Crimsonlink
Member
(10-16-2017, 05:18 AM)
Crimsonlink's Avatar
Holy shit all my gems for the next box. Whats awesome is that its a mini box so only 80 packs. Easy to get dupes of the URs. 3x Man Eater Bugs lol.

Weevil decks are gonna get super annoying. Also has the first Neos fusion too.
Poltergust
Member
(10-16-2017, 06:45 AM)
Poltergust's Avatar
So, I downloaded this game a few days ago in anticipation for the Twitch marathon, and it's pretty fun! That said, I seriously got bombarded with events and notifications like crazy.

"Play against Bonz!"
"Play Bingo to unlock Mokuba!"
"YUGIOH GX IS HERE!"

OK, calm down, game. X_X

I actually like how I can build a competent deck without needing to pay a single cent. I splurged on the Silent Magician box and I really like how my deck for it has shaped out. For some reason the screenshot function of my phone is bugging out right now, so I'll just list my cards here Here it is:

How do you guys think I should improve this? I managed to get to Gold with this, which is pretty sweet. I think the weakest link here is the Ultimate Insect line since it's basically a toss-up whether my Ultimate Insect Lv. 3 can survive a turn or not. I'm otherwise pretty decent at getting my Silent Magician Lv. 4 up to speed. Spell Power Grasp is also kinda weak without a second one in my deck (but that requires me to spend more gems on the deck).

Dangerous Machine Type-6 actually has 5 potentially beneficial effects with this deck instead of just 3, so I love using it here lol.

Also, is there anything else about the game I should know about? Like, the best ways for me to spend my gems, or the secret unlock conditions for certain characters (I randomly unlocked Ishizu and Bandit Keith this way)?
Last edited by Poltergust; 10-16-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Crimsonlink
Member
(10-16-2017, 06:54 AM)
Crimsonlink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poltergust

So, I downloaded this game a few days ago in anticipation for the Twitch marathon, and it's pretty fun! That said, I seriously got bombarded with events and notifications like crazy.

"Play against Bonz!"
"Play Bingo to unlock Mokuba!"
"YUGIOH GX IS HERE!"

OK, calm down, game. X_X

I actually like how I can build a competent deck without needing to pay a single cent. I splurged on the Silent Magician box and I really like how my deck for it has shaped out. For some reason the screenshot function of my phone is bugging out right now, so I'll just list my cards here:

Character: Yami Yugi w/ Draw Sense: Spell/Trap

Silent Magician Lv. 4 x3
Silent Magician Lv. 8
Ultimate Insect Lv. 3 x2
Ultimate Insect Lv. 5
Ultimate Insext Lv. 7
Alchemist of Black Spells x2
Magical Undertaker
Vortex Trooper
Winged Kuriboh

Spell Power Grasp
Cost Down
Enemy Controller
Silent Burning
Lucky Iron Axe
Level Up! x2
Dangerous Machine Type-6
Tribute Doll
Level Modulation x2
Magicians Unite
The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension

Limit Reverse
Metalmorph
Rope of Life
Energy Drain

How do you guys think I should improve this? I managed to get to Gold with this, which is pretty sweet. I think the weakest link here is the Ultimate Insect line since it's basically a toss-up whether my Ultimate Insect Lv. 3 can survive a turn or not. I'm otherwise pretty decent at getting my Silent Magician Lv. 4 up to speed. Spell Power Grasp is also kinda weak without a second one in my deck (but that requires me to spend more gems on the deck).

Dangerous Machine Type-6 actually has 5 potentially beneficial effects with this deck instead of just 3, so I love using it here lol.

Also, is there anything else about the game I should know about? Like, the best ways for me to spend my gems, or the secret unlock conditions for certain characters (I randomly unlocked Ishizu and Bandit Keith this way)?

Just keep increasing your stages to get tougher AI. Also miniboxes are a godsend because you can feed gems and get URs way before the box is empty and then reset to get a chance to get the URs again.

Think hard about what archetype you wanna run and buy packs from the needed box. Don't go chasing too hard after a card on the 200 card tins unless you have multiple cards you want from it.

Since you like level monsters. Consider the Next Generation box with Horus and maybe unlocking Chazz for his Armed Dragons.

Edit: Here is my Zombies deck that has been giving me 15 wins straight lol. Gozuki is too good.

Last edited by Crimsonlink; 10-16-2017 at 07:16 AM.
Poltergust
Member
(10-16-2017, 07:32 AM)
Poltergust's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimsonlink

Also miniboxes are a godsend because you can feed gems and get URs way before the box is empty and then reset to get a chance to get the URs again.

Yeah, um, that didn't happen. I had to get all 80 card packs for the Silent Magician box to finally get my Silent Magician Lv. 8 lol.
Crimsonlink
Member
(10-16-2017, 08:19 AM)
Crimsonlink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poltergust

Yeah, um, that didn't happen. I had to get all 80 card packs for the Silent Magician box to finally get my Silent Magician Lv. 8 lol.

Thats RNG for you lol
Ally of Justice
Member
(10-16-2017, 07:23 PM)
Ally of Justice's Avatar
So, tomorrow's new Mini Box is amazing. Every SR and UR is, at the very least, usable, with Painful Decision and Forbidden Chalice being the best of the bunch. I think the less useful cards in this may be the URs, as there are several Man-Eater Bug alternatives (although I like that you can choose the monster to be destroyed) and Dark Magician of Chaos is nice... but it'll be hard to find a good deck to fit him in.

---

I finally got my second King of the Swamp. I had the good luck that it appeared in the 100th pack of the box, unlike the Floodgate in the previous reset that appeared in literally the last pack of the box. I also got a prismatic Fusion Recycling Plant for my Fusion Deck. so I'm officially done with this box.
Poltergust
Member
(10-17-2017, 06:46 AM)
Poltergust's Avatar
I have to say, the best thing about using Silent Magician Lv. 8 is seeing my opponents futilely try to use Enemy Controller against it. Always gets an evil chuckle out of me.
Crimsonlink
Member
(10-17-2017, 08:21 AM)
Crimsonlink's Avatar
Balance change with the patch was a shocker. RIP BEs decks with Champs and Cyber Angel decks.

Also rip slightly my zombies deck lol.

Edit: WHOA MAHA VARO! Holy shit is farming gonna become a lot easier now.
Last edited by Crimsonlink; 10-17-2017 at 08:25 AM.
ReiGun
They call me "Mr Soap"
(10-17-2017, 08:26 AM)
ReiGun's Avatar
GG Cyber Angels. We hardly knew ye.

Konami cut that shit quick.
Thores
Member
(10-17-2017, 09:25 AM)
Thores's Avatar
Wow, only one machine ritual per deck... that is a JUICY nerf.
GrandHarrier
Member
(10-17-2017, 12:35 PM)
GrandHarrier's Avatar
RIP Cyber Angels October 2017-November 2017
A.J.
Member
(10-17-2017, 01:11 PM)
A.J.'s Avatar
Ninjas redeemed.
Anteo
Member
(10-17-2017, 01:14 PM)
Anteo's Avatar
One one hand im happy that champioms vigilance was cut. On the other hand with the cyber angel nerf I guess ill go back to silver rank next month
Last edited by Anteo; 10-17-2017 at 01:37 PM.
cHinzo
Member
(10-17-2017, 01:17 PM)
cHinzo's Avatar
Hmm the change to balance is prolly gonna fck over my Ice Barrier deck. Guess I'm gonna run Duel, Standby now for the extra card.

I still agree with the nerfs to the Red Eyes and Cyber Angel decks. Shit's obnoxious.
GrandHarrier
Member
(10-17-2017, 02:52 PM)
GrandHarrier's Avatar

Stolen from Duel Links Meta Discord.
Ally of Justice
Member
(10-17-2017, 05:49 PM)
Ally of Justice's Avatar
I'm always glad about new banlists, because they always change the game and keep it fresh, especially this time since Cyber Angels were really boring to fight against, and Champion's Vigilance was absurd for how easy is to summon Red/Blue Eyes.

The Red-Eyes trap was nice to have, and while I never used more than two, I think the only problem was with Beatdown and Champion's Vigilance.
ReiGun
They call me "Mr Soap"
(10-17-2017, 09:34 PM)
ReiGun's Avatar
They would Nerf Cyber Angels just as I had enough cards to make a decent deck with them.

No cheese wins for me. Stick with my Ojamas, I guess.

Thread Tools