• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 05:45 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hasemo

Weird, I assumed you can join "Friends Only" rooms if you're friends with the host, but I don't see it in the friend room search. Could I get an invite?

Sure, will invite.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 05:46 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by ranmafan

Hope we can. I'll be in the room in a bit, just finishing up a quick survival mode

Are you online? I don't see you on PSN.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 05:47 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar
Oh wait, it matches us with other players if it's a 2v2 room and less than 4 people. That's interesting.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 05:49 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar
Hmmm, when I try to start it says searching for players, but nothing is happening :|
Hellshingu
Member
(07-07-2017, 05:50 AM)
Hellshingu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Luigi87

If you want the JP version digitally, best thing to do is buy JP PSN points from Play-Asia.

Yeah I guess I just might do that. Was hoping I could go on amazon.jp and get a code from there. Although I haven't tried using it yet.
ranmafan
Member
(07-07-2017, 05:51 AM)
ranmafan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Are you online? I don't see you on PSN.

Yes one second, I am just set to appear offline. Heading to the room now. But can't seem to find anything in the friends room list
Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(07-07-2017, 05:52 AM)
Hasemo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Hmmm, when I try to start it says searching for players, but nothing is happening :|

I think it means that it's searching for players within the room, not trying to populate it with other people. So in a Friend Limited room, nothing will happen unless someone joins and readies up.
ranmafan
Member
(07-07-2017, 05:53 AM)
ranmafan's Avatar
Looks like I need an invitation to the friends room as well. Can y'all send me one?
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 05:53 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hasemo

I think it means that it's searching for players within the room, not trying to populate it with other people. So in a Friend Limited room, nothing will happen unless someone joins and readies up.

That makes sense. Well if we're not getting a 4th I probably need to change the room to a 1v1.

I'll try after ranmafan joins and see if it works any different as is.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 05:54 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by ranmafan

Looks like I need an invitation to the friends room as well. Can y'all send me one?

Sent! :)

Also this is weird because I specifically didn't set the "invite only" part on...
Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(07-07-2017, 05:56 AM)
Hasemo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

That makes sense. Well if we're not getting a 4th I probably need to change the room to a 1v1.

I'll try after ranmafan joins and see if it works any different as is.

I tried tinkering with the settings and it looks like the only options for a room are:
2 vs 2 team free
2 vs 2 team shuffle
3 vs 3 team shuffle.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't find a way to set it to a premade 3v3 or 1v1 at all. I think the only way to play 1v1 is to do casual matches with randoms.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 05:56 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar
Alright, let's see what happens if the 3 of us hit start match. I'm in the matching room currently.

*edit* maybe we just need to make a public room and play with other people. Oh well. I can at least set the size of the room to 4-5 people so it's mostly us.
ranmafan
Member
(07-07-2017, 05:58 AM)
ranmafan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Alright, let's see what happens if the 3 of us hit start match. I'm in the matching room currently.

*edit* maybe we just need to make a public room and play with other people. Oh well. I can at least set the size of the room to 4-5 people so it's mostly us.

That's fine, at least that way we can get another person at the moment and then when more people are online later we can try the friends room again
Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(07-07-2017, 05:59 AM)
Hasemo's Avatar
I was playing earlier today with 2 friends and a 8 people room seemed to be a perfect size. We were playing together most of the time.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 05:59 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar
Uhhhhh

In a non-friendlist only room there is no way to invite friends....this is some bad online design.

I'll make a room that you'll just need to search for called bebpo in a sec
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 06:00 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar
Ok, it's up
Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(07-07-2017, 06:02 AM)
Hasemo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Ok, it's up

Joined. Although I think it's better to have it be shuffle, just so we can have different compositions every time, even at the risk of not playing together every time.

Also, I'm not sure we're all ready for 真剣勝負, ha ha.
ranmafan
Member
(07-07-2017, 06:03 AM)
ranmafan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Ok, it's up

I'm in too, let's do this!!!!
Hellshingu
Member
(07-07-2017, 06:09 AM)
Hellshingu's Avatar
Fuck it. I'm going all in on the digital version even if $103 seems a little steep. Will just pick up NA release in Sept.
Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(07-07-2017, 06:27 AM)
Hasemo's Avatar
Okay, that's enough for me for now, thanks for the games guys!
ranmafan
Member
(07-07-2017, 06:29 AM)
ranmafan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hasemo

Okay, that's enough for me for now, thanks for the games guys!

You're welcome! Was lots of fun! Hope we can get more to join next time.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 06:31 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hasemo

Okay, that's enough for me for now, thanks for the games guys!

Thanks! It was fun playing with and against you :)
Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(07-07-2017, 06:32 AM)
Hasemo's Avatar
Thanks to these few games I got enough GP and finally unlocked Bright, yes!

Also, Frau sounds nothing like in the anime, but I guess that's how aging works...
ranmafan
Member
(07-07-2017, 06:33 AM)
ranmafan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Thanks! It was fun playing with and against you :)

I have to take a break now myself. Thanks again everyone. Looking forward to the next matches
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(07-07-2017, 07:09 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar
Yeah that was fun. I did Survival after with Guntank and against cpu guntank is so good. Just hang back and fire shots lol

Tried Guncannon too, but wasn't feeling it as much. Kinda slow without the firepower of Guntank plus 300 vs 200 cost.
BudokaiMR2
Member
(07-07-2017, 08:07 AM)
BudokaiMR2's Avatar
Anyone try out the MS-09 Dom yet?

That's always been one of my favorite jobber units, but I can't think of any games it has been included in. I am sure there is at least one but I probably never played it or forgot. ;)
Parakeetman
No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
(07-07-2017, 08:11 AM)
Parakeetman's Avatar
Its a damned shame to see so many other models in game used by the AI for scrub units that are not on the playable list ・゜・(つД`)・゜・
Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(07-07-2017, 09:10 AM)
Hasemo's Avatar
Some of those 200 units are really fun. All the bullets, running super fast - I love Gundam Ground Type. Destroying 400 cost units with it definitely feels great and dying isn't that big of a deal.
donkey show
Little Big Dev
Sumo Digital
(07-07-2017, 09:21 AM)
donkey show's Avatar

Originally Posted by Parakeetman

lol and I thought almost losing on the 30 wave one was bad. Cant imagine the feeling of losing at 50. D:

It happened again with Dunpeal last night. The last two waves are rough! ;__;
Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(07-07-2017, 09:42 AM)
Hasemo's Avatar
Remember to fill out the survey, where you can complain that your favorite MS isn't in.

You can find the code in the game details when you press down in the PS4 menu.
BudokaiMR2
Member
(07-07-2017, 10:02 AM)
BudokaiMR2's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hasemo

Remember to fill out the survey, where you can complain that your favorite MS isn't in.

You can find the code in the game details when you press down in the PS4 menu.

Gonna buy 100 copies just so I can make sure everyone's favorite pilot makes it in.

ranmafan
Member
(07-07-2017, 10:36 AM)
ranmafan's Avatar

Originally Posted by BudokaiMR2

Gonna buy 100 copies just so I can make sure everyone's favorite pilot makes it in.

If that happens, and I know we can't stop it, I'll just vote this in he he he:

Parakeetman
No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
(07-07-2017, 11:14 AM)
Parakeetman's Avatar

Originally Posted by BudokaiMR2

Gonna buy 100 copies just so I can make sure everyone's favorite pilot makes it in.

I still demand the return of this
MichaelVash7886
Junior Member
(07-07-2017, 12:25 PM)
Was going to download standard last night but I already had some yen in my JP psn account. So I got the premium sound edition. Will will for NA version to buy Dlc.

Feel free to add me psn: michaelvash7886
BudokaiMR2
Member
(07-07-2017, 02:15 PM)
BudokaiMR2's Avatar
Picked it up after work tonight as I planned.
Played around a bit in the various solo modes before jumping online. I guess my periodic arcade visits to play maxi boost have kept me not so rusty.

Still get my ass kicked on occasion but my Heavyarms and Barbatos are bringing home the wins. Mostly playing around in 3v3 which is less chaotic than I expected.

One problem I always have with this series is I can never decide between stick or pad... They both feel good in different ways.

Go ahead and add me: CometJP
ranmafan
Member
(07-07-2017, 02:41 PM)
ranmafan's Avatar
With everyone mentioning using an arcade stick with the game, Im starting to wonder if I should try to do that too. I have one from my PS3 that hopefully should work with the game. Problem is, I haven't played a vs game with an arcade stick since the original Japanese arcade release of federation vs zeon. So Ive gotten comfortable with the controller, although I never really can decide if i should control with the left stick or the d-pad. I always find I'm switching back and forth and all. Maybe ill pull out my old arcade stick and give it a try. Wouldn't hurt I guess.
Parakeetman
No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
(07-07-2017, 02:48 PM)
Parakeetman's Avatar

Originally Posted by ranmafan

With everyone mentioning using an arcade stick with the game, Im starting to wonder if I should try to do that too. I have one from my PS3 that hopefully should work with the game. Problem is, I haven't played a vs game with an arcade stick since the original Japanese arcade release of federation vs zeon. So Ive gotten comfortable with the controller, although I never really can decide if i should control with the left stick or the d-pad. I always find I'm switching back and forth and all. Maybe ill pull out my old arcade stick and give it a try. Wouldn't hurt I guess.

Its more of a personal pref thing. Im still kinda inbetween which to use lol.

My thoughts on the main diff for myself is if you can get used to the sensitivity of the stick vs pad you can get more precise controls from the stick. Though the pad allows for more options due to the layout.
Last edited by Parakeetman; 07-07-2017 at 03:38 PM.
patchday
Member
(07-07-2017, 02:56 PM)
patchday's Avatar
Awesome OP!

I am waiting til Sept 29th it seems. Too cheap to pay for import. Enjoy guys / gals. See you soon
MichaelVash7886
Junior Member
(07-07-2017, 03:25 PM)

Originally Posted by ranmafan

With everyone mentioning using an arcade stick with the game, Im starting to wonder if I should try to do that too. I have one from my PS3 that hopefully should work with the game. Problem is, I haven't played a vs game with an arcade stick since the original Japanese arcade release of federation vs zeon. So Ive gotten comfortable with the controller, although I never really can decide if i should control with the left stick or the d-pad. I always find I'm switching back and forth and all. Maybe ill pull out my old arcade stick and give it a try. Wouldn't hurt I guess.

Personally I started using stick in extreme vs and full boost so I'm kinda used to it more than pad. In extreme vs I believe it was kinda necessary to play tallgeese 3 correctly and one other but the rest it was personal preference.
BudokaiMR2
Member
(07-07-2017, 03:29 PM)
BudokaiMR2's Avatar
I tend to try and play with stick with the hope that I won't get bodied quite as hard when I play in arcades.

But that's honestly never gonna happen. I can at least hold my own in some games but never this one. Always been that way with this series.

Thank the kind soul of Deikun that I can now play this game online and no longer have to make a disgraceful exit out of arcades after jobbing hardcore and losing a match.

Last edited by BudokaiMR2; 07-07-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(07-07-2017, 03:34 PM)
Hasemo's Avatar
Now you're all making me think if I should grab a 3rd stick (sold the previous two), since charging and boosting sideways with some characters is really hard on the pad.
ranmafan
Member
(07-07-2017, 03:54 PM)
ranmafan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Parakeetman

Its more of a personal pref thing. Im still kinda inbetween which to use lol.

My thoughts on the main diff for myself is if you can get used to the sensitivity of the stick vs pad you can get more precise controls from the stick. Though the pad allows for more options due to the layout.

Yeah that's what I thought too. I do like the idea of better controls so I may give it a try. it's just been so long since I've used one in the game. But if I want to play like everyone else here in Japan does for the most part, I should give it a try. Hopefully my stick works well still.
donkey show
Little Big Dev
Sumo Digital
(07-07-2017, 03:55 PM)
donkey show's Avatar
Like Parakeetman said, it's really all preference with stick versus pad. I primarily use a stick, but one thing I do when I play pad is to set L1 & L2 as a dupe shot and melee. It makes it easier to do charge A and charge B attacks while not really getting in the way of the normal stuff.

My stick, btw:



Originally Posted by BudokaiMR2

I tend to try and play with stick with the hope that I won't get bodied quite as hard when I play in arcades.

But that's honestly never gonna happen. I can at least hold my own in some games but never this one. Always been that way with this series.

Thank the kind soul of Deikun that I can now play this game online and no longer have to make a disgraceful exit out of arcades after jobbing hardcore and losing a match.

Well you won't have to worry about playing this in the arcades as it's console only. You can keep your shame to yourself! :P
Zoanoid33
Junior Member
(07-07-2017, 04:24 PM)
The lack of Strike Freedom and Destiny upsets me.
TheSpoiler
Member
(07-07-2017, 04:31 PM)
TheSpoiler's Avatar
So, trying to grasp some of the concept of the game again. I've began studying movement after dicking around with some of the characters, trying to learn the ins and outs of weaving. That's a good starting point, right?
Foxy the Fox
Member
(07-07-2017, 04:36 PM)
Foxy the Fox's Avatar
I bought XVS and gonna buy this one.

But I expected to do better graphically I guess. Looks kinda the same.
Tain
Member
(07-07-2017, 04:57 PM)
Tain's Avatar
Gonna have to import this for the vocal tracks I think
Parakeetman
No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
(07-07-2017, 05:04 PM)
Parakeetman's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSpoiler

So, trying to grasp some of the concept of the game again. I've began studying movement after dicking around with some of the characters, trying to learn the ins and outs of weaving. That's a good starting point, right?

I would imagine so since its directly connected to not dying which is kinda important eh?

At the same time learning what the weapons do and what can / cant be chained together is also fairly useful.

Then again its all baby steps just do things at your own pace. Otherwise you are gonna burn yourself out trying to cram everything mechanics wise into your head which will wind up killing the experience of playing to have fun. Same sorta thing that burns out new folks to fighting games.
muteki
Member
(07-07-2017, 05:09 PM)
muteki's Avatar
Looks like I'm waiting till Monday for my special edition. They really know which tracks get me to open my wallet :(
Luigi87
Member
(07-07-2017, 05:18 PM)
Luigi87's Avatar
I use a stick. I'm not good, but I still use one, lol
... I also have three sticks, so... I've got a problem <_<


Originally Posted by donkey show

My stick, btw:

I see you like your inputs being 3x faster.

Thread Tools