• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

B00TE
(10-05-2017, 12:16 AM)
Awww yiss, in for that double dip. Excited to grab this again tomorrow!
mauaus
(10-05-2017, 12:18 AM)
So is it not out in Australia yet?
Raven117
(10-05-2017, 12:20 AM)
Ive heard nothing but good things, but can someone help me understand what makes these games so appealing and attractive?

I mean, just watering my plants in a game I can't say tickles me in anyway.
Smiles and Cries
back to my old
nipples and tits

Originally Posted by Hoo-doo

I swear this game alone is tempting me to pick up a Switch. It just fits.

it is best to get these types of games while the GAF thread is hyper active

this is a very good time to get that Switch
QuixoticNeutral

Originally Posted by Sutton Dagger

With what looks like no touch support, inventory management will be a pain won't it?

GameXplain is indeed reporting no touch support, and this massive oversight makes me hesitant to make a purchase. On the PC I'm swapping items on and off the bar constantly. I'm sure this game will still be a blast on the go (and people coming from Harvest Moon won't notice anything) but if I build a farm on the Switch, I'm thinking I'll have to plan it around the things a controller does well, and radically change my approach to basic things like when/where to craft and sell.

I'd appreciate insight from players who have tried the other console versions (or played on PC with a controller) on whether there is anything on consoles to make fiddling with the inventory easier, like a quick-select for tools. One of my few complaints about the game is the UI, as there are so many tools taking up so much of the bar that there aren't many slots left for the huge variety of items in your bag that are further separated by quality/rarity.

On the upside, I suppose a lack of touch functionality means there's no disadvantage to playing with detached Joy-Cons instead of handheld, which I find more comfortable for long sessions.
Mr. F
Banned
(10-05-2017, 12:21 AM)
This game kind of overwhelmed me when I tried on PC, kind of paralyzed with how to go about it. Always felt like I was doing it wrong and not farming smartly and seasons passing felt like pressure, I guess.

Looking forward to giving another shot.
AndrewDean84xX
Banned
(10-05-2017, 12:23 AM)
I had absolutely zero problem playing 100% controller on PC. No touch screen support isn't a big deal at all.
AmayaPapaya
Banned
(10-05-2017, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

so not a midnight release I guess?

I want to know, as well. Imma pick this up ASAP, but I don't know how eshop releases games.
panama chief
(10-05-2017, 12:25 AM)
Never played. But I murder every animal crossing. Is there a good hunting game here? Big number of fish, bugs, etc..(non furniture) to collect?
Hoo-doo
(10-05-2017, 12:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

it is best to get these types of games while the GAF thread is hyper active

this is a very good time to get that Switch

Stop. No. I don't need it.

..yet.
AndrewDean84xX
Banned
(10-05-2017, 12:27 AM)

..yet.

You need a Switch.
mauaus
(10-05-2017, 12:27 AM)

..yet.

Yes, you do.
Shahadan
(10-05-2017, 12:28 AM)
Last time I didn't even use 90% of my map, basically did everything in front of my house and pond to not lose any minute. It was really ugly but efficient, but this time I'd like to build something nice like other people.

I know I won't
ZugZug123
(10-05-2017, 12:29 AM)
Double dip here I go 😀
CrocoDuck
(10-05-2017, 12:31 AM)
Does anyone know if this will release at midnight?
ScientificPizza
Banned
(10-05-2017, 12:32 AM)

Originally Posted by mauaus

So is it not out in Australia yet?

Not until like midnight afaik

Originally Posted by Mr. F

This game kind of overwhelmed me when I tried on PC, kind of paralyzed with how to go about it. Always felt like I was doing it wrong and not farming smartly and seasons passing felt like pressure, I guess.

Looking forward to giving another shot.

I initially felt like that as well on PC (my first month was a complete wash) but the best thing about Stardew is that itís open ended and you can never *really* screw yourself over. If you mess up a month or a season or even an entire year you can always start over when the next season rolls around

People will tell you how to minmax your crops and things you absolutely should never ever do, but the thing that made me fall in love with Stardew was making those early mistakes and the game just calmly being like dw everything is fixable
Cerium
(10-05-2017, 12:33 AM)

Originally Posted by panama chief

Never played. But I murder every animal crossing. Is there a good hunting game here? Big number of fish, bugs, etc..(non furniture) to collect?

Absolutely.
GaimeGuy
Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
(10-05-2017, 12:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Flandy

Should I play this on PC with Mods or Switch in portable mode?

Yes
Fireblend
Banned
(10-05-2017, 12:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Fireblend

Any word on whether it has touch screen support?

So.... no?
Ravelle
(10-05-2017, 12:40 AM)

Originally Posted by panama chief

Except for minerals and artifacts there's no way to display them in giant glorious aquariums or bug exhibits though.
Chopper
(10-05-2017, 12:42 AM)

So.... no?

Dude...

Originally Posted by QuixoticNeutral

GameXplain is indeed reporting no touch support.

one_kill
(10-05-2017, 12:43 AM)
I haven't played this before, but I'm interested in getting it. Does the game ease its players to its mechanics well? I don't want to be overwhelmed.
hunnies28
(10-05-2017, 12:44 AM)
Anyone knows if this game supports Spanish ? Thinking if getting this for the GF.
Imp the Dimp
(10-05-2017, 12:44 AM)
Is this 60 FPS?
SgtWiggles
(10-05-2017, 12:46 AM)
Glad I waited on the PS4 version so I could go in fresh on the Switch. Much easier to play on campus during breaks and such
UpDownLeftRight
Banned
(10-05-2017, 12:46 AM)
I take it the Switch release will be the most recent build? I played on PC at launch and figured I've missed a lot of new stuff that's been added. I'm REALLY tempted to grab this tomorrow to be honest but there's no chance I'll even get to play it since I've barely started BotW (replay) and hoped to at least get some stuff done on it before Mario comes out.

I'm gonna end up buying it tomorrow no doubt, but finding time to play it is another matter.
Juice
(10-05-2017, 12:57 AM)
Played PC at launch and managed to clear the community center by year three.

Will be excited to see what new build plays like.

Has anyone commented on what post launch support for the ports will be like? PC keeps getting new features but ports frozen in time?
Cerium
(10-05-2017, 12:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Realeza

How are the relationships in this game? That was one of my favorite parts in Harvest Moon!

The relationships are better than Harvest Moon.

Something like Shane's heart events would never appear in a Harvest Moon in a million years.
Twilight Princess
(10-05-2017, 01:00 AM)
People with the game, please tell us more about the framerate.
Wilsongt
(10-05-2017, 01:00 AM)
Harvey is best husbando.
Like the hat?
(10-05-2017, 01:01 AM)
What's the age range for this game? I've never played it. My son is 7 and loves animal crossing and Minecraft and terraria. Think he'd be able to play it?
Brizzo24
(10-05-2017, 01:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Raven117

Ive heard nothing but good things, but can someone help me understand what makes these games so appealing and attractive?

I too would like to get a better understanding of how this works. How labor intensive is this game?

B/c I know so little about this game, let's assume that you have 48 crops on a 12x4 grid, like so...

Now, do you have to walk around and water each individual plant?
Do you have to then have to harvest each plant individually?

I guess I should watch some YouTube videos to make sure this is a game I am willing to invest in. I just don't like monotony
antispin
(10-05-2017, 01:02 AM)
Will I like this game if I don't like Animal Crossing?
Zafir
(10-05-2017, 01:07 AM)
Thought it'd be up at midnight like most things, seems not on the UK eshop. =/
XaosWolf
(10-05-2017, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Zafir

Yeah, Axiom Verge is the midnight launch it seems. =/
Fireblend
Banned
(10-05-2017, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Chopper

Dude...

Sorry, missed that. It's a shame but I guess I'll deal with it.
BizzyBum
(10-05-2017, 01:10 AM)
Will this ever go physical or nah?
Cerium
(10-05-2017, 01:10 AM)

Originally Posted by antispin

Will I like this game if I don't like Animal Crossing?

You might. I don't like Animal Crossing and I liked Stardew Valley a little too much.

If you don't like Harvest Moon, however, that's another story.
starry sonata
(10-05-2017, 01:14 AM)
One more day!

Though, which farm should I go with? I'm feeling both the Riverland Farm and the Forest Farm. Are they recommended for a first timer? Also, can you switch between types in the middle of the game?
Vitet
(10-05-2017, 01:16 AM)

Originally Posted by hunnies28

Anyone knows if this game supports Spanish ? Thinking if getting this for the GF.

Yep, fully translated by the eShop page that's showing for me:

Fireblend
Banned
(10-05-2017, 01:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Cerium

You might. I don't like Animal Crossing and I liked Stardew Valley a little too much.

If you don't like Harvest Moon, however, that's another story.

Cerium I just lost a ton of respect for you and won't be complimenting your beautiful Switch OTs anymore >:(
Moondrop
Banned
(10-05-2017, 01:18 AM)
I keep buying used Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games and then hardly playing them. Something about the time ticking away causes anxiety, the rapid pace of the hours reminding me that real time is passing. Gonna force myself to put a few hours into RF4 before I fall into this trap again.
Cerium
(10-05-2017, 01:18 AM)

Cerium I just lost a ton of respect for you and won't be complimenting your beautiful Switch OTs anymore >:(

Sorry I'm not interested in indentured servitude to a raccoon.
Incitemaybe
(10-05-2017, 01:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Raven117

Originally Posted by one_kill

I haven't played this before, but I'm interested in getting it. Does the game ease its players to its mechanics well? I don't want to be overwhelmed.

I'm interested in various people's thoughts in this direction as well.
ZombiePlatypus
(10-05-2017, 01:21 AM)

Originally Posted by CrocoDuck

I'd like to know this too. If we can buy it after 12am , I won't be sleeping tonight.
nubbe
(10-05-2017, 01:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Zafir

15:00 CET releases are more common than midnight releases for third party games.
Berordn
(10-05-2017, 01:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Cerium

Sorry I'm not interested in indentured servitude to a raccoon.

The racoon's become such a mogul he can afford no interest mortgages indefinitely.

He's a cool dude now! (And his sweater vest is snazzy.)
totowhoa
Banned
(10-05-2017, 01:23 AM)
Is there a way for me to easily see how this version currently differs from the one I played when it launched on PS4, if at all? Iíll probably get it either way, but I just donít want to miss extra content
reelbigtink
(10-05-2017, 01:24 AM)
Hey sweet, my OT title made the cut! Great OP.

I'm double dipping hard on this one. Gonna be smarter on this playthrough than my first time around on PC.
Bii
(10-05-2017, 01:24 AM)

Originally Posted by CrocoDuck

If you're in the US, Nintendo's eShop puts them up at 9am PT. So no, not at midnight.