• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Amibguous Cad
(10-13-2017, 05:54 AM)
This sucks. I was going to get back to this when I got bored of all the other shooters on the market. Guess everyone else thought the same thing?
BlindSwordsmanZ
(10-13-2017, 05:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Charcoal

Serious question: can Cliffy B, and more importantly his studio, recover from something like this?

Yeah bro. Homie is sitting on mills and created some of the greatest shooters of all time. Don't count them/him out just yet.
ShogunX
(10-13-2017, 05:57 AM)

Originally Posted by TheYanger

Rich through Oculus? Cliffy B was rich before Oculus even existed.

Yeah but he got stupid rich that only seemed to inflate his ego. Seen a few mentions from the dev team about Cliff arsing about in his sports cars during development.

I mean crowbcat probably did it better but - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgZXoSTEy8Q
Oscar
(10-13-2017, 05:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Barrel Cannon

Another quickly found match that I just finished..... waiting for next one to start and I'm really wondering what the player count is on PS4 compared to pc. I wouldn't be surprised if it is much bigger. Otherwise I wouldn't expect to be finding games this easy.

I heard the netcode on the PS4 version is ridiculously smooth. It throws you in a match seamlessly as soon as you queue.
IchigoSharingan
(10-13-2017, 05:58 AM)

Originally Posted by birthbystars

Not true.

Even the original Call of Duty PC has a few players. 1 more than Lawbreakers. Lawbreakers can have legs and live just as long! BELIEVE

https://www.gametracker.com/server_i...243.170:28960/
Iorv3th
(10-13-2017, 06:09 AM)
I uninstalled it on PC and stopped playing because I couldn't get matches. Nobody is playing. It's dead.
Ramirez
(10-13-2017, 06:10 AM)
I think the gameís art style didnít do it any favors. Anytime I seen a screenshot of the heroes or whatever they all look like something out of Warframe. Not very appealing to me compared to something like Overwatch.
Curious Puppy
Banned
(10-13-2017, 06:15 AM)
Truth is that F2P wonít make a difference at this point. Just cut your losses. Cliff has plenty of money.
BennyBlanco
aka IMurRIVAL69
(10-13-2017, 06:20 AM)

Originally Posted by EverydayBeast

The thing is, of ALL genres in gaming, Arena shooters have seen the largest resurgence with the likes of Overwatch, Drawn to Death etc.

CRPGS
captain_skyhawk
(10-13-2017, 06:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Ramirez

I think the gameís art style didnít do it any favors. Anytime I seen a screenshot of the heroes or whatever they all look like something out of Warframe. Not very appealing to me compared to something like Overwatch.

I totally agree with this.

Even while playing the game I couldn't tell which characters i was playing against or what was happening because of the art style and how bad it as.
A Serious Man
(10-13-2017, 06:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Ramirez

This is why I never gave it the time of day, the art style was bland as hell.
Syntax
(10-13-2017, 06:53 AM)
Reading through the thread, it's interesting to see the dichotomy of those that seem to be trying to figure out how we failed Lawbreakers and those trying to figure out how Lawbreakers failed us. Hopefully, it starts to gain traction again and has a successful relaunch under F2P.

My experience was during the open beta pre-sale and I was let down. It actually played slower than I had hoped and the characters were very uninteresting to me. Looked like home made cosplay.
icecold1983
(10-13-2017, 06:55 AM)
its too hard of a game for the market they targeted. people who like high skill fps games dont want awful overwactch like design tropes
Mr Moose
(10-13-2017, 07:04 AM)
It sucks seeing games fail, I never actually thought I would care seeing it happen (I could care more, if it was a better game).

I think they need to add a battle royale mode to it. What could possibly go wrong?
Dante
(10-13-2017, 07:06 AM)
They should just cut their losses on this one.
RiccochetJ
(10-13-2017, 07:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Dante

They should just cut their losses on this one.

How do you cut your losses exactly? Tell me how you're going to get funding for your next game and if necessary who to let go.
Calm Mind
(10-13-2017, 07:30 AM)
In the cold ground, you lie still waiting for an eternity that never ends. Memento Mori.
John Caboose
(10-13-2017, 07:32 AM)
I only needed a quick look at a twitch stream to know this game wasnít for me, I was never a fan of the arena style shooters such as Unreal Tournament, Quake etc and Lawbreakers reminded me far too much of those.
TheMissingLink
(10-13-2017, 07:33 AM)
Yeah, nothing will turn around this sinking ship...

Probably have more people working on the game than actually playing it right now. Yikes!

Art style, 'attitude,' pre-release interviews, and the dumb name all combined to make it a stinker.
Foxxsoxx
(10-13-2017, 07:38 AM)
Make it F2P and adjust the systems in place not to screw ovef those who bought it at launch and hope for the best.
robinsxe
(10-13-2017, 07:50 AM)
cliffyC
hydruxo
(10-13-2017, 07:58 AM)
Sucks because I had quite a bit of fun with it in the beta. None of my friends wanted to pick it up so I ended up not picking it up either. The gameplay is solid and the low grav zones were neat but it's just kind of uninspired in every other facet of the game.
Intheflorsh
Banned
(10-13-2017, 08:00 AM)
How is this even possible? It's like they discovered a brand new dimension of failure.
bourgeois
(10-13-2017, 08:09 AM)
Crowded market, middling product that unfortunately became a meme for the PC community to deride. It deserved middle of the road success and I wish Cliff and team well.
Artanisix
There are two things I'll never do,
Ellen Page and IHL2
(10-13-2017, 08:10 AM)
feels good to see cliffyB fail spectacularly
SuperStiltzkin
(10-13-2017, 08:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Artanisix

What'd he do?
Glass Rebel
(10-13-2017, 08:15 AM)

Originally Posted by VoodooProject

Is this still coming to Xbox or Switch?

funfact: the Switch has more buttons than there are Lawbreakers players.
Calm Mind
(10-13-2017, 08:16 AM)

Originally Posted by robinsxe

cliffyL

ftfy

^/dead
kpaadet
(10-13-2017, 08:17 AM)
At some point it becomes negative spiral, who wants to buy a game with an tiny playerpool.
Mahonay
(10-13-2017, 08:18 AM)
10 people. Man that's almost impressive.
jabuseika
(10-13-2017, 08:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

xkramz
(10-13-2017, 08:50 AM)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LawBreakers

As of October 13, 2017 it is widely considered to be a dead game, often only reaching highs of 100 people online and sometimes dipping to under 20.

Lol Wth ppl waste no time to update wiki
jasminlovesyoux
(10-13-2017, 08:54 AM)

lmao

I see what you did there
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(10-13-2017, 08:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Artanisix

Those posts are disgusting.
Truant
(10-13-2017, 08:59 AM)

Originally Posted by derFeef

Eh, the dude has been kind of a dick at times. I feel bad for the guy, though.
xviper
(10-13-2017, 09:00 AM)
this has to be the biggest flop in years
Mr_Moogle
(10-13-2017, 09:07 AM)

Originally Posted by derFeef

Cliffy B has always been a rather outspoken person who says a lot of stupid shit on social media. It's not surprising there are people out there who hate him.

I think he's actually a pretty talented developer but I just can't stand his whole dude-bro persona he's got going on. He makes good games but they need to keep him well away from the marketing side of things.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(10-13-2017, 09:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Truant

Eh, the dude has been kind of a dick at times. I feel bad for the guy, though.

Yeah... but you can express it differently. People forget there are jobs, work hours and other people behind that.
Nokterian
always look on the bright side of STRIFE
...and LOL
...and DOTA2
(10-13-2017, 09:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Zyae

Overwatch
Pubg
Counter Strike
DOTA
LoL

Warframe
Inviusx
(10-13-2017, 09:14 AM)
The Dark Souls of FPS ladies and gentleman.
Woo-Fu
incest on the subway
(10-13-2017, 09:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Resident_UA

I don't get the hate for this game. I mean multiplayer games are not my cup of tea (aside form occasional COD) but Lawbreakers beta was significantly better than Battlefront 2 beta...

It isn't hate, it is utter lack of interest. If you decide to jump into the already saturated MP FPS market your title has to be significantly better in some aspect, offer something completely different, and perhaps most importantly your marketing has to make people aware of it.

Doesn't really matter how good the game is when their marketing couldn't even convince a fan of the genre like me to try the betas. Cliff gave me flashbacks to John Romero marketing Daikatana every time he opened his mouth about the game. That isn't a good thing.
Armadilo
Banned
(10-13-2017, 09:17 AM)
The real question though, are these guys still playing the game ?

shimon
(10-13-2017, 10:08 AM)

LOL
smithy1983uk
(10-13-2017, 11:53 AM)
At the time of release I was going to buy this but then the Overwatch summer games happened (on the same day?) and ended up buying a few Loot boxes and then completely forgot about this

Same thing happened with battleborne the overwatch beta hit the same weekend and then I completely forgot about that game aswel

I guess blizzard can be pretty vicious when they want lol
Blam
(10-13-2017, 01:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Armadilo

He can just say it's a Watchmen tattoo now.
Jobbs
Banned
(10-13-2017, 01:27 PM)
To reference rlm, this game seems like a game designed by weight lifters.
Dynamite Shikoku
Congratulations, you really deserve it!
(10-13-2017, 01:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Blam

He can just say it's a Watchmen tattoo now.

or the Nirvana logo
DrKelpo
Banned
(10-13-2017, 01:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Armadilo

good lord, that even looks super cheap... otherwise you could at least say you have a nice looking tattoo.
E92 M3
(10-13-2017, 02:14 PM)
I like the art style - not everything has to be cartoony and filled with waifus.
Jobbs
Banned
(10-13-2017, 02:21 PM)

Originally Posted by E92 M3

I like the art style - not everything has to be cartoony and filled with waifus.

The problem isn't that it's not cartoony, the problem is that it's (in my opinion) abjectly terrible. Makes me think of stock unity asset space soldiers or something. There's just so little creativity.