An interesting new idea for iRacing's "Week 13" (Week 7 this time, short season) -
DRAFT FEST ELIMINATION 2014
Live broadcast coming up shortly:
I'm sure the commentators will explain it, but a quick summary:
The concept is simple: at the end of every lap the last car is eliminated! The last car running is the winner.
- Single car
- 4 laps
- 10 minutes time limit
- Fastest 40 drivers are qualified for the race
- Qualifying will be spread across multiple servers
Starting grid: reverse order of qualifying times!
- At the end of every non-caution lap, the car who is in last position is removed from the race!
- Elimination will start at the end of lap 2. No cars will be eliminated after the first lap.
- The number of laps is undetermined.
- Race control can introduce full-course cautions (safety cars) in case of accidents or when the field spreads out too much.
- The last lap of the race will start when there are only 2 cars left who will battle it out for the win.
I appear to have accidentally qualified first (at least in that server), so I'll probably start right near the back, which isn't ideal... I'll be using the DK2, which should help with awareness... although I still don't feel that confident with my pace using it.