• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 4, 2013

AOC83

Banned
I can see Sony struggling with price and innovation. As excited as this board gets over specs, the price needs to be reasonable. Especially in the UK and US they need to regain their footing.

The price is definitely a key point and i think 400€ is the ceiling. I think if we look at the pretty conservative specs we got out of the leaks (if true) this is perfectly doable.

Roman

The price is definitely a key point and i think 400€ is the ceiling. I think if we look at the pretty conservative specs we got out of the leaks (if true) this is perfectly doable.

At 400€ they would have to really fire on all cylinders and make the games look like it's worth the value. Even then I don't see it succeeding in Japan at that price at all. But this is a PAL thread, so maybe.

AOC83

Banned
At 400€ they would have to really fire on all cylinders and make the games look like it's worth the value. Even then I don't see it succeeding in Japan at that price at all. But this is a PAL thread, so maybe.

True. The games need to be awesome, the e3 will show us if they learned their lesson. I´m excited. ;-)

Ashes

Banned
So, with the instant game collection, where Sony just gives away a couple of their vita games for free [well not free, but with a psn+ subscription], kinda like a bundled format of sorts, I wonder what distortion that has on Vita attach rate. :p

PaulLFC

UK XBLA chart for the week ending Jan 27th:

XBOX LIVE ARCADE UK TOP TEN - For the week ending January 27th

1. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition – Microsoft (1600 points)
2. The Cave – Sega (1200 points)
3. Trials Evolution – Microsoft (1200 points)
4. The Walking Dead – TellTale Games (400 points)
5. Trials HD – Microsoft (800 points)
6. Castle Crashers – Microsoft (1200 points)
7. Sonic Adventure 2 – Sega (800 points)
8. Peggle – PopCap (800 points)
9. Real Steel – Yukes (800 points)
10. Guardians of Middle-Earth (1200 points)

From MCV

Saty

Ni No Kuni claims No.1 chart spot; Namco Bandai thanks community

“We expected good sales as the pre orders were close to shipment,” he said when asked by MCV if he had expected to game to claim No.1. “In the end we have created a demand for this amazing game and have stock going out to channels this week.

“We have focused PR, marketing and the community has been brilliant. We have been solid with communication and reviews in the UK have been astonishing. We are very pleased, but ultimately it's down to an incredible game from Level 5 and some strong communication from me and my team.”
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ni-n...rt-spot-namco-bandai-thanks-community/0110324

Bruno MB

Yay! I had a gut feeling that it was going to top the charts.

Namco Bandai's efforts publishing this game outside Japan deserved to be rewarded.

And NeoGaf was constantly saying how Ni no Kuni would bomb. So glad the consensus was incorrect and that it's highly in demand. A fantastic game through and through (although I'm only three hours into it).

Ashes

Banned
First ps3 exclusive no.1 in a while. And a Japanese ps3 exclusive game. And a third party one. And an RPG.

Bruno MB

February kicks off with developer Level 5 and publisher Namco Bandai’s new release ‘Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch’ taking the No1 spot.

The new RPG which incorporates the animation of the world renowned Studio Ghibli team sees last week’s No1 ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops II’ (-5%) pushed down to No3. It’s an impressive feat for the title which releases both its Standard and Wizard’s Edition exclusively for PS3. EA are above Activision at No2 with ‘FIFA 13’ (-5%) ensuring it hasn’t slipped below 2nd spot since the turn of the year. Ubisoft’s ‘Far Cry 3’ (+17%) is down a place to No4. Agent 47 makes two appearances in our Top 10 this week with the release of ‘Hitman: HD Trilogy’ new at No5 - developer IO Interactive’s past incarnations ‘Hitman 2: Silent Assassin’, ‘Hitman: Contracts’ & ‘Hitman: Blood Money’ remastered on one disc for PS3 & Xbox360. Agent 47’s latest outing ‘Hitman Absolution’ (+26%) is further down but climbs a spot to No9.

Ubisoft are well represented with ‘Assassin’s Creed III’ (+16%) and ‘Just Dance 4’ (+19%) also in the Top 10 each slipping a place to No6 and No8 respectively. Sandwiched in between them is EA’s ‘Need for Speed Most Wanted’ (-2%) at No7. Bethesda take the No10 spot with ‘The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ (-6%) just ahead of Capcom’s ‘DMC’ which sits at No11 (38%) separated by less than fifty sales.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The Vita was designed for a market that barely exists outside of Japan (core handheld gaming). That´s not the case with gaming consoles. 360 and PS3 have sold over 150 million combined and are still selling.

Considering how Super Mario 3D Land sold in the West I seriously doubt core handheld gaming is dead in outside Japan.

Ravage

First ps3 exclusive no.1 in a while. And a Japanese ps3 exclusive game. And a third party one. And an RPG.

Disregarding the actual units sold, it is pretty amazing to say the least. Judging from NB's reaction, i guess the results exceeded their expectations.

Fantastic news. An old school, brightly coloured, top quality jRPG topping the charts is a sight to behold as something that rarely happens now both in its success and production.

Considering how UK is usually the least friendly country when it comes to JRPGs this should bode well for German and French sales.

The 3DS sells well because it has the childrens market, the Vita is clearly aiming at 14+.

The PSP hardly succeeded in the West after everyone realised it wasn't quite a portable PS2.
How can you use Vita's success in the west as a true test of the market?

Considering how UK is usually the least friendly country when it comes to JRPGs this should bode well for German and French sales.

Is it? I never really grew up around them so I suppose that is probably true.
Fact its number 1 and exclusive to PS3 bodes very well at least though.

Nintendo should have published Ni no Kuni (NDS).

They do not seem all that comparable.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ninokuni being first in UK has a tripled value compared to many other debuts. Fantastic, I'm so happy for it.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Black Ops and FIFA must be pretty darn close. Both dropped 5%, but they switched positions.

FIFA All Formats:
Week 03 = <18.7K
Week 04 (-1%) = <18.5K
Week 05 (-5%) = <17.6K

Maximums, so don't really give a concrete idea of Ni no Kuni.

Is it? I never really grew up around them so I suppose that is probably true.
Fact its number 1 and exclusive to PS3 bodes very well at least though.

Well I don't have hard numbers but what I have followed PAL charts, anime/manga based games tend to chart a lot higher in France and Germany compared to UK. Especially France loves everything Japanese. It also makes sense considering that manga markets in France and Germany are ways bigger than in UK.

I'm glad to see Ni no Kuni launching well. The expectations for an original IP that is also a platform exclusive JRPG were certainly not very high, so this should be a great result no matter in which shape the UK market is.

Ravage

Eurogamer said:
"We have more stock going into the channel this week so check with local stores to receive your copy," Kirton continued. "We hope the word of mouth and demand for the title continues as it does prove that JRPGs are special and we invest a lot of time and effort within this genre."

Good news for JRPG fans.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/feb/04/top-20-video-games

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (All formats) Week 4 - less than 18.228 (-5%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360) Week 4 - less than 10.754 (59%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3) Week 4 - less than 6.927 (38%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PC) Week 4 - less than 364 (2%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (WiiU) Week 4 - less than 183 (1%)

Wii U Specific Chart

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110039

COD:BOII is 9th again.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (7+) Xbox 360 (39)
PS3 (26)
Wii U (22)
VITA (13)

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is probably one of the few good news third party-wise for Wii U's launch.

Top Bottom