• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Kyrgios continues to be a twat...

Walks off after losing the first set at Shanghai Masters, two years running. Idiot. No wonder I don't watch his matches with my young tennis fan son.

Nick Kyrgios has sensationally quit his first-round match at the Shanghai Masters in apparent protest against the umpiring.
The volatile Australian stormed off after losing the first set 7-6 (7-5) in a tiebreaker.
Kyrgios's dramatic walk-off comes a year after he was suspended from the ATP Tour for tanking at the Shanghai Masters and leaves his immediate playing future in doubt once again. The 22-year-old had received two code violations for unsportsmanlike conduct and expressed his dismay at the chair umpire for copping a point penalty during the tiebreaker.
He was picked up on TV telling his courtside entourage he would stop if he lost the set, which he did.
The latest incident left commentators dumbfounded.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/tenn...alk-off/ar-AAtf6DV?li=AAavLaF&ocid=spartanntp

John Dunbar

correct about everything
another fedal final. year end number one is dead and buried at this point, but it would be nice if rogi managed to extend his winning streak over the spaniard.

clemenx

Banned
Little did we know that Federer's main goal for these years is winning the H2H vs Nadal.

I'm glad for him but can't help being sad about him not being at this level at the USO

I'm rather surprised (pleasantly so) that Federer managed to win so comfortably. It's been so enjoyable to see Federer and Nadal play at such a high level throughout the year.

mcfrank

Really nice clean match from Federer. Nadal seemed a bit off with more errors than usual, but I think fed would have won even if Nadal played better.

badflame

Banned
Nadal rules.

giphy-54.gif

Mladenovic will be listed in the top 10 next week for the first time in her career.

She earned it by being on a 10 match losing streak and not winning a set for 2.5 months.

#WTA

John Dunbar

correct about everything
looks like tough times ahead for the forum, and tennis gaf has already lost at least crab.

if this is the end, it has been real, gentlemen.

hey y'all.

i will be posting on *********** from now on. there's a tennis thread that's currently not that popular and i would love if you guys could come over. i enjoyed our discussions over the years.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Started a Discord server if you guys want to join that. Idk lol. Hopefully this works, should be able to quote to see the link if I did it right.

Bigfoot

So, Nadal is skipping Basel, if Fed wins will he have any chance at the year end 1?
Nice. OT is kind of back.

I think I read if Nadal makes the semis in both Paris and WTF then he gets #1. Otherwise Fed could get #1 if he wins Basel, Paris, and the WTF.

So Fed still has a chance but it's not looking likely.

Diamond

hey y'all.

i will be posting on *********** from now on. there's a tennis thread that's currently not that popular and i would love if you guys could come over. i enjoyed our discussions over the years.

*********** as in federer.com? lol :)
Pretty crazy how what you take for granted can go down in an instant. A little bit like in tennis, in fact.

as in "slaent dot com"

somehow it gets censored. chill community over there.
will post there at least until we find a better home somewhere else.

i'm just here to organize a bit what's next.

remember me when the age of Bencic is finally here.

bye

Top Bottom