• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amiibo are scummy but at least I know what it'll get me (not randomized lootbox crap), has infinite uses, and I can share it with whoever I want.

oti

Banned
The trailer for GAME OF THE YEAR is here.
https://youtu.be/-0LuBOnfjVU

i'm proud of you oti

I like most of Nintendo's games. But I understand this is a business and companies are not our friends. Neither are brand managers. I wish more people would get that. I look at business and their decisions. That's what I studied. If people like to call me a defender of certain companies or fanboy for providing some context to unpopular business decisions, so be it. :p

That's a long way of me saying that I love you too, Bask.

LiK

kool-aid-man.jpg

Hindl

Nintendo does plenty of shitty anti-consumer things. They just do it in a way that's different than everyone else, so they get held up as the good one in these industry-wide conversations

Visceral was always EA internal, it was never an external purchase. It was just a subset of the HQ at EA Redwood Shores before, and has some form of continuity going all the way from before the Lord of the Rings PS2 beat 'em ups, through the Godfather and Simpsons games, and then some.

Oh my bad. Well, point still remains

Megasoum

Banned
The trailer for GAME OF THE YEAR is here.
https://youtu.be/-0LuBOnfjVU

I like most of Nintendo's games. But I understand this is a business and companies are not our friends. Neither are brand managers. I wish more people would get that. I look at business and their decisions. That's what I studied. If people like to call me a defender of certain companies or fanboy for providing some context to unpopular business decisions, so be it. :p

That's a long way of me saying that I love you too, Bask.

"A decathlon of five or ten minigames "..... Huh... Nintendo, that's not how Decathlon works.

Huh... I wonder if my old Motorola X Play has NFC?

"A decathlon of five or ten minigames "..... Huh... Nintendo, that's not how Decathlon works.

"An athletic event taking place over two days, in which each competitor takes part in the same prescribed ten events."

Not only are they off the mark a little, they're MILES away from the bullseye.

jaina

why are the kongs "super mario series amiibo"

I'm just an amiibo casual, but the "Super Mario series" amiibo were released along with Mario Party 10 for the Wii U Entertainment System. As opposed to the Smash series, the Chibi Robo series, the Breath of the Wild series, and so on...
Mario from Smash unlocks the same stuff as the Mario Party one though, I think the trailer just ignores that.

Sure. All I'm saying is people shouldn't put Nintendo on some weird pedestal. Nintendo has their own way to make additional money like Amiibo and Fire Emblem Mobile is pure gacha. They're a company like everybody else.

They have already dabbled with a season pass and locking things behind an Amiibo so anything is possible .

Amiibo are scummy but at least I know what it'll get me (not randomized lootbox crap), has infinite uses, and I can share it with whoever I want.

how about selling difficulty settings as DLC

or like, having 2 packs of DLC with different content but forcing people to buy the season pass instead of piece meal

Nintendo is gross too they're just gross at a much slower pace. I think they'll catch up within the lifetime of the switch

oti

Banned
They have already dabbled with a season pass and locking things behind an Amiibo so anything is possible .
Arms and Splatoon 2 are also 100% service games. They just haven't monetised them yet. Imagine if they did, their stock value would skyrocket.

Speaking of season passes, the first Mario Rabbids DLC seems pretty lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom