• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yeah, looks like it. Which kind of FPS can I expect by using 1.41 + Ultra SMAA with 1080p and max settings on a GTX 680?

Tried those settings now for a 10 min run without much fighting at all, mostly running around and flying around so expect even lower results in those scenarios. Avg fps landed around ~55.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yeah, looks like it. Which kind of FPS can I expect by using 1.41 + Ultra SMAA with 1080p and max settings on a GTX 680?

Probably above 60fps. Game seems to be optimized better since beta.

I got Spec Ops the line yesterday for 5 alongside Bioshock 1/2. I think that game has moments when it looks great. Will have to take some shots of that for next time.

Peterthumpa

Tried those settings now for a 10 min run without much fighting at all, mostly running around and flying around so expect even lower results in those scenarios. Avg fps landed around ~55.
Awesome. Does it look like the screens from last page with these settings? Specially the AA results?

51523e4cb773a3b9b336612c9bc82099714b8176.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hm, with a GTX 680? What should I set to achieve it? Downsampling from "X" + 1.41? Thanks :)

My 670 runs at ~1300 clock/7400 mem, so it should be more than comparable to a 680. If you got a ~4.5ghz cpu and using ultra settings then 1920x1080 + 1.41 renderquality should be more than what my/your pc can handle whilst trying to hold 60. Which in my case I didn't, more like ~50-55 avg outside of battle.

Gorgeous screens Nvid :)!

Peterthumpa

My 670 runs at ~1300 clock/7400 mem, so it should be more than comparable to a 680. If you got a ~4.5ghz cpu and using ultra settings then 1920x1080 + 1.41 renderquality should be more than what my/your pc can handle whilst trying to hold 60. Which in my case I didn't, more like ~50-55 avg outside of battle.

Gorgeous screens Nvid :)!

Thanks. Gonna try later today and post some screens here.

Sethos

Banned
I noticed some Minus links get slapped with a bandwidth limit thumbnail. Is this some new shit they introduced or was it a glitch in the matrix? Else it's time to find a new service.

ibqXK9feUUjECH.png

iRl679PZzdII1.png

MrBig

I noticed some Minus links get slapped with a bandwidth limit thumbnail. Is this some new shit they introduced or was it a glitch in the matrix? Else it's time to find a new service.

I noticed this a few times + the recent redesign just makes using the site a hassle. Switched over to abload myself.

Spazznid

Just finished downloading this gem.

Feels like Vindictus with slightly worse fighting but much more appealing art direction.

Greatness ensues. This game has so many little things that I love.

If this is a sign of the future, Planetside, Vindictus, Dragon Nest, Blacklight, etc.... Then I am wholly behind it.
The great thing about Free2Play is that devs have to make the game worth playing in order for them to make money. This means no more dissapointing game purchases for us. Games have to be fun for us to spend money on them, not just rely on a name and/or empty promises. If the game isn't good, the I haven't spent a dime on it, if it is good, then I'll be inclined to spend my cash.

iYZWi7WGtm35w.png

ibvT2rvhuI8fiQ.png

Is it possible to set your resolution to 2560 x 1600 in the original Mass Effect? The resolution isn't available in the configurator but I was wondering if it can be manually set in an ini without issue? I'd like to downsample.

Spazznid

minus is broken atm.

Was going to say that.

I'd love a different service, but I like the whole "Keep folders/galleries and albums and rename, etc..."

I don't like uploading my stuff to Picpar or Abload because I like to keep them somewhere I can go back to easily....

Wish there was an alternative...

Shaneus

Switched to a version with less DOF

edit: minus is being shitty so rehosted

en47iuyt.png

en3qhum9.png
Fuck me, I need to fire up that game.

Is that the sort of filter/graphics tweak that separates the colours where there are edges? It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I can't remember what it was called specifically.

Either way, that looks fucking awesome. I might need to attack either FO3 or NV with that stuff.

Spazznid

That actually looks wonderful!

FAKEFACTORY's Cinematic Mod 12.20 just got released, so here goes another playthrough!

FF has put in so much work over the years, it's hard to imagine he does this mostly for practice...

Before people complain about effects or character models, keep in mind that they are all optional and you can easily toggle them off. I play with everything because I like to think of this as a separate game, not connected with HL2, but of it's own. Therefore, I make no comparisons thematically or otherwise. This is meant to make HL2 feel like a big budget film, with all the crap that goes into those, including supermodel characters, lense flares, Vignette, etc. ALL OF WHICH CAN BE TURNED OFF.

ibxsf5fA2khQkl.png

ibfKyYyvn8NoOK.png

Top Bottom