• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

cHinzo

Wow, just found my first 100% IV Pokemon in the wild and it's an Eevee! 😁 Gonna wait for Umbreon until I evolve this one.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Both my Nidokings have Fury Cutter as fast move. Here's hoping they patch that move out and retroactively change it on existing POKéMON or give us the opportunity to change moves ourselves, because Fury Cutter has the lowest Damage Per Second and lowest Damage Per Hit in the game making it objectively the worst fast move by far. It has no business being on a POKéMON you need 125 Candy to evolve into, especially when that POKéMON isn't even a Bug type for the Same Type Attack Bonus.

8bit

Knows the Score
Is it just me or is the distance counting towards eggs much better the past few days? I walked roughly a kilometre and got .8 towards 3 eggs this morning. Usually it's struggle to get .5 to register

Just you, it's been worse in the last few days IMO.

Leonsito

What a day, when I did a coffee break at job I got a Mr. Mime, and I just turned on the app at my desk and a Snorlax spawned O_O

GulAtiCa

How though lol....it even makes you confirm it o.o stop clicking so fast!

Seriously.. lol. That sucks though.

Tip! Favorite Pokemon you know you def don't want to get rid of. I do that for all my nicer Pokemon as well as potential Pokemon I will evolve as a way to keep track of them.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hatched this guy from a 10km egg today on my way to work:

TVpxnRH.png

80%~100%, perfect attack. Low DPS moveset, but I don't care, I like that it's psychic and ground. It already helped a lot in a gym battle today.

My second Snorlax, first one was in the wild. Pining for a Dragonite now.

Why is the GPS signal so fucking bad today!!!?

It ruins the game. It puts a Pinsir in front of me, then a Patrick, Meowth, Parasect etc and they disappear because the location spotting has set me in the entirely wrong location. They run away before even throwing a fucking ball.

I better catch 1-2 new Pokemon today even with these issues.

The GPS tracking in this game is so weird. Sometimes it works in my office, sometimes it doesn't. For some reason, the afternoon is worse than the morning. Add to that the fact that I randomly have to restart the app to get it to track my movement effectively.

cHinzo

80%~100%, perfect attack. Low DPS moveset, but I don't care, I like that it's psychic and ground. It already helped a lot in a gym battle today.

Zen Headbutt is great for defense though. Although Earthquake is worse than Hyper Beam, it still hits like truck. :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Zen Headbutt is great for defense though. Although Earthquake is worse than Hyper Beam, it still hits like truck. :D
yeah, I was checking right now and it's a pretty decent combination. Very happy with this one. :)

Leonsito

Today is Snorlax day it seems, mine has perfect health and attack but IV seems to be <80% according to the trainer comments :(

Also has Zen headbutt and Hyperbeam.

Pachimari

The GPS tracking in this game is so weird. Sometimes it works in my office, sometimes it doesn't. For some reason, the afternoon is worse than the morning. Add to that the fact that I randomly have to restart the app to get it to track my movement effectively.

I have begun to restart my app too!

I caught another new Pokémon, this time Growlithe, so I just need one more Pokémon and I will be at 100!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
got enough candy for my bulbasaur to get a venusaur today during my lunch break he turned out pretty good 1484cp with razor leaf and solar beam so happy about that

HardRojo

Just checked the Dratini I got during my vacations last weekend and it's a 96% one! It's at 300 something CP right now, the problem will be getting more candies to evolve and powering it up when it becomes a Dragonite lol.

jts

...hate me...
So what's the cut-off speed again? Had a 1.9/2km and 2 4.6/5km so I drove slow as well on the last mile to home. We're talking 20-30km/h. The "going too fast" prompt didn't even pop. But it didn't count one meter towards the eggs.

rc213

So what's the cut-off speed again? Had a 1.9/2km and 2 4.6/5km so I drove slow as well on the last mile to home. We're talking 20-30km/h. The "going too fast" prompt didn't even pop. But it didn't count one meter towards the eggs.

Cut off speed doesn't really matter if today was one of those days where tracking decides nothing counts. I get the Speed Warning more when walking or just sitting down than i do during my commute to work.

Chuckie

Is pokemonnearby failing? Been trying to do a search for hours and it says "something went wrong" :'(

It seems to be a bit random. Yesterday I got that same message constantly but I went out about an hour ago and it worked great. Caught a Pikachu, Vulpix and two Kabuto with it. St00pid Squirtle ran away of course!

zroid

Banned
finally farmed 500+ coins! so are XP eggs the best/only way to go? or should I bag upgrade? lol

XP eggs really aren't worth it

you should get enough through level-ups to get you to level 20, and after that leveling up isn't a priority

incubators and bag upgrades definitely the most valuable

zroid

Banned
I just got yet another Tauros with perfect Atk IVs. That's five of five. The lack of true randomness with IVs in this game (especially starters) is perplexing.

It seems to be a bit random. Yesterday I got that same message constantly but I went out about an hour ago and it worked great. Caught a Pikachu, Vulpix and two Kabuto with it. St00pid Squirtle ran away of course!

Squirtle always runs from me :(

I just got yet another Tauros with perfect Atk IVs. That's five of five. The lack of true randomness with IVs in this game (especially starters) is perplexing.

I have one with almost perfect IVs and terrible moves and one with barely-okay IVs and great moves. Fucking game haha

AdanVC

Yeah seems to be having trouble today

Now it's working for me! Oh well, I guess it's a matter of getting used to see it not working sometimes.

Damn!! freaking Squirtle I also still haven't catched one! :c This tool is making this game playable to try to complete the pokedex. It's just nice and efficient.

Vipu

Banned
finally farmed 500+ coins! so are XP eggs the best/only way to go? or should I bag upgrade? lol

XP eggs really aren't worth it

you should get enough through level-ups to get you to level 20, and after that leveling up isn't a priority

incubators and bag upgrades definitely the most valuable

I dont agree with this, you should get whatever is your goal and needs are.

My 2 and only things I have gotten with all the coins is xp eggs and incubators.
I got that 500 coin egg pack and after that I got incubators, think I have 3 eggs left so soon I will save 500 coins again.
I might get some itembag upgrade few times when im level 30 or something but not sure yet.

sophora

My Mom's been enjoying the catching aspects of the game. She really enjoys showing off her recent catches. Lately she's been catching lots of rare and uncommon ones I don't seen much of, like Dratini and Slowpokes. She recently burst into my room after catching two Pikachu in the same day, bragging about her four to my single one. Fast forward to today and I see a familiar silhouette. Went around in the rain with an umbrella in my neighborhood to catch a Raichu that spawned. About 800CP but I'm pretty happy with it after it broke out of four berried ultraballs. Going to show off to her later haha

zroid

Banned
Wow I found an area near my house where there were like a dozen poorly protected gyms within close proximity. I cashed out after I occupied 4 just due to paranoia, but I'll probably go back there tomorrow and try to get way more.

jts

...hate me...
My loot from today's eggs.

2km Rattata... indescribable feelings
5km Duduo... shit
5km Slowpoke... eh ok. Halfway to a Slowbro, candy-wise.

Top Bottom