• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

60 fps gameplay vids for various Wii U games @ E3

Volotaire

I cant get over how sweet mario kart 8 looks.

Me too, I expected nothing out of that game, considering that Mario Kart DD, Wii, 7, and DS looked so similar. Ofc, 3 of the hardware specced machines were similar, but still, I didn't expect any of this.

Cannot wait for this.

60FPS and 1080p going to be incredible.

This is what I've been waiting for Mario Kart, back to the series former glory.

StuBurns

Banned
I just looked at the press kit for Smash Bros, and the screenshots are direct-feed at 720p, and there's no downscaling at all.

GetemMa

I kind of get the feeling that IF Nintendo markets 3D Mario World correctly, that cat power up could be a big hit.

I am so weirded out by how much more advanced Mario Kart 8 is than any other Nintendo Wii U game other than X. Monolith Soft and the Kart team need to share their tech knowledge with the rest of the team or some shit

Utterly bizarre.

They've never really pushed the envelope with these games, graphically. The effort they've put into the visuals is strikingly obvious and makes the other games seem rather conservative in comparison, even if they still all do look nice.

Keyouta

I hope any game right now running 720p on the console will be upped to 1080p come the title's launch, while keeping the 60fps.

Somnid

As far as I can tell all of Nintendo's Wii U games released and upcoming run at 60FPS. Only Windwaker and Smash run at 1080p.

ASTROID2

Which shot? I think I have all of them and they're 720p.

This one.
pX6siml.jpg
For some reason when I try to upload the image online it doesn't work.

Honestly, finding out most if not all of the Wii U games shown at E3 were 1080p/60fps was maybe the best surprise this entire E3 for me.
Be careful some people are getting flagged for spreading false rumors. 1080P for sure is Wind Waker HD at 30 fps, it has been implied Smash might be 1080p/60 fps. The rest are 720P/60 fps.

Maybe you didn't repeat the false information unpurpose but some disengenous peope are doing it knowingly. Just be careful.

Also, fantastic job to Gamersyde for the coverage. Best videos of E3 and torrent support is really a nice option for everybody.

This is the 1080p Smash image:

Notably, it has no AA at all while the 720p images do appear to have some... which might be the result of downsampling on the screenshots?

Compare to this 720p shot from the same kit:

It could easily just be that they're releasing bullshots from a dev kit and they forgot to scale one down to the "real" resolution, and no other site has backed up Eurogamer's update so it's possible it's 720p.

RagnarokX

It kinda lends to the theory that Mario 3D World really was a 3DS game until panic mode.

Not really... Shit theory considering there's no way 3DS could handle 3D World. They've clearly put a ton of effort into the game; the levels are big and detailed, the framerate is fast, 4 playable characters with different abilities. It in no way seems like something that moved development from 3DS.

gogogow

Not really... Shit theory considering there's no way 3DS could handle 3D World. They've clearly put a ton of effort into the game; the levels are big and detailed, the framerate is fast, 4 playable characters with different abilities. It in no way seems like something that moved development from 3DS.

Yeah, not sure how people come up with this stuff. The characters, enemies, the enviroment, everything is round as fuck. It's in the same Mario series, the Super Mario 3D series, that's it.

LDAF

I think you're really underestimating the 3DS. Kid Icarus Uprising had big detailed levels, good framerate, 6 characters in multiplayer with different abilities, and great visuals too.

RagnarokX

I think you're really underestimating the 3DS. Kid Icarus Uprising had big detailed levels, good framerate, 6 characters in multiplayer with different abilities, and great visuals too.

People are saying that this:

ibka0a0BgsW9KY.jpg

is a rushed port of this:

IsKZvgq.jpg

3D Land's levels were small, simpler, and lacked a lot of detail.

Neiteio

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but have there been any direct-feed videos? Kind of tired of looking over people's shoulders and seeing their mugs reflected in the TV screens!

RagnarokX

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but have there been any direct-feed videos? Kind of tired of looking over people's shoulders and seeing their mugs reflected in the TV screens!

Well, if you have a Wii U, the eShop has a bunch of direct feed, full-resolution footage and the games look amazing.

In the developer direct video, it's explained that the team wanted to make a 3D Land style game for the Wii U while they were developing 3D Land. That makes more sense than rushing a 3DS port while still having time to significantly increase resolution and textures, etc. and incorporating a functional 4 player multi-player mode that they've never tried before.

We can be a bit too cynical sometimes I feel.

muteant

i don't get people raving over the quality of the eshop trailers, they're noticably compressed (some more than others).

it's kinda ridiculous we can't view well-encoded versions of these trailers.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't get the 3D World 3DS origins rumor. It's exactly what they did with NSMB, it came out on DS, then we got a similar, but multiplayer focused console iteration. This is perfectly inline with Nintendo's recent history.

What I don't get is how there is so many games at 1080p? From what we know of the specs of the Wii U, it seems specifically designed for 720p.

Whatever the case, I'm glad this is happening.

What I don't get is how there is so many games at 1080p? From what we know of the specs of the Wii U, it seems specifically designed for 720p.

Whatever the case, I'm glad this is happening.
What many games? I've heard of 2 one of them a 10 year old port.

Oh i see what you are doing here XD

vega435

Banned
I was honestly not expecting it to look all that great but wow...I'm impressed.

Although i'm not sure if it's mostly in part of the tV's doing or if it's the game itself. Either way, this and Pikmin 3 are seriously pushing me to consider buying a wii u later on.

Top Bottom