• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Rootbeer

Banned
19 Gigs... I'd have to download it overnight :( Guess I'm happy I didn't go that route. Happy with physical.

If the game is as good as I think it is, if I ever have need of a digital copy down the line (like for PS4 or future console/handheld playability?) I'll have no problems buying it a second time... once it's come down in price, of course. :) I still look at the prices for some of my old favorites, like $9.99 for Chrono Cross (!!), and don't bat an eye to rebuy.

squall211

That's why the installation step is super lame.

For digital distribution to work, it has to work like XBL or Steam where you download the files and you don't need extra space after the download is completed. There are so many complications that can be avoided by doing that, too, beyond just reducing the amount of space necessary. Like being able to fix a broken installation without redownloading the whole thing.

Hopefully that's addressed with the PS4.

Eusis

PSN actually seems to be going as fast as it could for me, but that's still 19 GB on the PS3 with its slow ass install. You'll have larger HDDs on PCs usually, and it's less of a problem to background download. Plus no pre-load = enjoy waiting on the store to update then spending forever downloading the game!

Peagles

Wait, so if I have the physical copy, how much space do I need? Do I have to install 19GB?

If so I won't be playing this for a long time until I can afford a new PS3 or another HDD :(

Durante

I have no idea how much free space I have left on my PS3, but I would assume it's around 150 GB.

I haven't really checked since I put in a 360 GB HDD years ago. It's too bad we'll never see another console extensible with off-the-shelf HDDs.

Peagles

Someone convince me not to get the Wizard's Edition.

If it's the US one I've posted a few times asking in the other thread if anyone's willing to sell me one. I'd rather give my monies to a gaffer instead of a stinky eBay scalper.

If it's the Euro one, I'm sure there's still people here who would leap at the chance, since that seems to be sold out now too!

Edit: I have a US address but not a US CC so NB wouldn't allow me to put an international billing address. It really sucks.

zeopower6

GameInformer actually gave Mega Man x Street Fighter a higher score than Ni no Kuni, lol.

Does the GS pre-order come with any exclusive familiars, or is it just the steelcase?

Just the steelbook.

About Griffy and Flutterby's names... there was nothing to translate because those Familiars are original to the Western release! However, almost every enemy/Familiar in the game has a pun in their name (Baatender, etc) so... maybe? lol

There are images of the evolutions! They're pretty nice imo. (big images, so I have to post links)

http://i.imgur.com/7YY3C.jpg - Flutterby's first evolution
http://i.imgur.com/WN3X8.jpg - Midnight Flutterby
http://i.imgur.com/9MXsx.jpg - Midday Flutterby
http://i.imgur.com/J4Zcn.jpg - Griffy's first evolution
http://i.imgur.com/HyuXG.jpg - Griffurnace
http://i.imgur.com/ttwOX.jpg - Griffrigerator

Arggggh......hype out of control! I better finish xiii-2 before my wizards edition gets here or i will probably never finish it. Damn you squeenix and your 160 fragments! All i have to say is I'm glad i never got into Pokemon.

zeopower6

...wait a minute, did that person who posted about the PSN version in Japan list the size of the Japanese PSN version? I'm wondering because I'm pretty sure that with the second audio track + all those other languages, the version that is coming out in the West is gonna be quite a bit bigger.

Ok, so here's the thing.

The demo for Ni no Kuni was one of the worst games I've played in this whole generation. Everything about it was simply bad. What changed in the final product to make it worthwhile? I still want to give Level 5 a chance. Dark Cloud was fine back then but I feel that haven't made a single decent game since then.

Aeana

Ok, so here's the thing.

The demo for Ni no Kuni was one of the worst games I've played in this whole generation. Everything about it was simply bad. What changed in the final product to make it worthwhile? I still want to give Level 5 a chance. Dark Cloud was fine back then but I feel that haven't made a single decent game since then.

Maybe it just isn't for you?
But if you say what you didn't like about it, it might be easier to answer your question.

Ok, so here's the thing.

Dragon Quest VIII wasn't even decent to you? How is that possible?

zeopower6

Ok, so here's the thing.

If you thought the demo was 'simply bad' and that because of it "this was one of the worst games you've played this entire generation", I don't think the full game is going to entice you all that much more nor will you probably ever be all that impressed by what this game has to offer. Basically, the demo was a taste of the battle system for people who went to Gamescom (eventually released worldwide)... not sure what people were expecting, to be honest.

Not too sure what to say, really... rent it maybe?

Ricker

Ok, so here's the thing.

Well for one,you will start from scratch,with an idea of what is going on,a tutorial as you start to fight monsters,levelling up by yourself and not having maxed out pets right away etc etc...but if you disliked the demo that much,then this game is not for you I don't think...

I feel like I'm counting down to my birthday or something.....jeez. My hype is through the roof, I'm prepared to just spend a whole week alone with this game and beat the shit out of it..

Necrovex

Here's a handy translator:

"Old school RPG mechanics" -> "things I don't like"

That's what I gathered from the GI review. I am hyped to play a game with some old school RPG mechanics, except for the save points. But, I cannot win every battle.

Also, Aeana, why would you make your avatar...that?!

zeopower6

The GI review was weird too... "bosses are cheap?" If you actually employ the strategies provided to beat them, they're not that bad.

Fuck the GI review, Their integrity has been in question long before this review, and they will forever be a joke in many a persons eyes.

Geez, did you guys had to look that much into my comment? If I just post what I don't like you guys are just going to rebate it point by point. That's not what I'm asking, I'm just asking why is this game supposedly so good. Why this is better than the average JRPG I can get on the system. Thanks.

I guess I can't be blamed if I don't trust game reviewers anymore. So I'm asking for real opinions.

Ricker

Geez, did you guys had to look that much into my comment? If I just post what I don't like you guys are just going to rebate it point by point. That's not what I'm asking, I'm just asking why is this game supposedly so good. Why this is better than the average JRPG I can get on the system. Thanks.

I guess I can't be blamed if I don't trust game reviewers anymore. So I'm asking for real opinions.

It's Ghibli,it's Level 5...again,if you didnt like the demo you wont like the game if the artwork/graphics and battle didnt impress you...

Top Bottom