• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

prudislav
(10-19-2017, 02:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Linkark07

Since Star Ocean 4 is coming to PC, is there hope that Resonance of Fate can also be ported to PC?

Well iirc its on the same engine ... so from technical side its definitely a posibility .... from bussiness side , only SEGA knows
sixteen-bit
(10-19-2017, 02:56 PM)

Since Star Ocean 4 is coming to PC, is there hope that Resonance of Fate can also be ported to PC?

That would be cool to see. I always wanted to try it.

Originally Posted by Duxxy3

I'd really love to see Panzer Dragoon Orta on PC. Not sure how well it's aged though.

Well, imo. I hope it comes to X1 BC at the very least.
Golnei
(10-19-2017, 03:02 PM)
Vanquish is at around 100,000 now, to Bayonetta's 260,000-ish. The latter's higher profile, cult status and genre novelty probably played some part in its success, along with the release timing. Still, considering Vanquish's more obscure nature as an IP, its performance isn't necessarily bad.

The Yakuza series' growing momentum and visibility would definitely be on its side as far as a PC release goes - I agree that it appears to have the potential to stand out and do surprisingly well.
Mifec
(10-19-2017, 03:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Golnei

Vanquish is at around 100,000 now, to Bayonetta's 260,000-ish. The latter's higher profile, cult status and genre novelty probably played some part in its success, along with the release timing. Still, considering Vanquish's more obscure nature as an IP, its performance isn't necessarily bad.

The Yakuza series' growing momentum and visibility would definitely be on its side as far as a PC release goes - I agree that it appears to have the potential to stand out and do surprisingly well.

GAF told me that the Yakuza director doesn't like PC and that it won't be on PC. Is this true?
lucebuce12
(10-19-2017, 03:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Mifec

GAF told me that the Yakuza director doesn't like PC and that it won't be on PC. Is this true?

It's not so much that Nagoshi-san hates the PC platform, he's just one of those "old-school" japanese devs that have always made games for either arcades or consoles.

Plus it is a fact that at the time the series started, it was one of the few series aimed at the market of "older" japanese males rather than the kids crowd which a lot of JRPGs and stuff tend to target. To this day, the game is made for with that target audience still in mind so naturally a PC version isn't something that they give a lot of importance to.

Also worth mentioning that the games aren't massive AAA affairs that need to sell millions of copies so they don't NEED to from a financial standpoint.

But with the push they've started giving this series again in the West, I wouldn't be surprised if they are at least CONSIDERING a PC version for the newer games somewhere down the line.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(10-19-2017, 03:20 PM)

Originally Posted by VirtuaIceMan

According to SteamDB, "SteamDB Unknown App 272110 (Little Stone Sega Test App 5)" was worked on 3 months ago.

I remember when Sega dropped Typing of the Dead Overkill onto PC unnanounced. I still hope for House of the Dead 4...

...and After Burner Climax, Virtua Fighter 5, etc.

That was the result of general backend fiddling by Valve (if you click through to the changenumber page, you'll see it affected over 600 apps from a wide range of publishers). The app hasn't been touched by Sega's hand since February 2014.
Mifec
(10-19-2017, 03:20 PM)

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

It's not so much that Nagoshi-san hates the PC platform, he's just one of those "old-school" japanese devs that have always made games for either arcades or consoles.

Plus it is a fact that at the time the series started, it was one of the few series aimed at the market of "older" japanese males rather than the kids crowd which a lot of JRPGs and stuff tend to target. To this day, the game is made for with that target audience still in mind so naturally a PC version isn't something that they give a lot of importance to.

Also worth mentioning that the games aren't massive AAA affairs that need to sell millions of copies so they don't NEED to from a financial standpoint.

But with the push they've started giving this series again in the West, I wouldn't be surprised if they are at least CONSIDERING a PC version for the newer games somewhere down the line.

Thanks for the clarification.
Lime
(10-19-2017, 06:29 PM)

At least it shows that the ASKA engine and tri-ace are willing to port it to PC