• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle coming to PS4/Switch/Steam

Woah Switch

Where yall at Namco

I hope there's an edition of joycon with real dpads at this point. I know this game is apparently optimised for pads but still, no way an anime fighter would have execution easy enough so those buttons would be fine for it. It's hell to play freaking sf2 with it

WarRock

Guessing Rachel can't control the wind at all, it's just part of her normals.
Hazama is in! Now reveal Adachi for that perfect pairing.

I feel its more important to future-proof the game then have it be outdated at the time of release.If these were 3D models it wouldn't be so bad as its easy to do new skins and what not but as 2D sprites I think being more forward looking would have been the right move. We are probably going to get a few years of the Season 4+ designs. (RWBY spoiler I assume you're referring to)
Yang getting a robo arm
is a pretty minor spoiler. It's not the type of thing that if you learned about in advance would really change how one views the show. This isn't a (Game of Thrones Book 1 spoiler)
Ned Stark dies
tier of spoiler.

This makes a bit more sense but still sucks IMO especially since the bulk of the RWBY fanbase is Western

Yeah, and if I could pick I'd like the new designs - Hell, if I'm being honest their Volume 2 alts were all more refreshing than their originals, I was just suggesting their reasoning for it. I guess RT would gun more introducing the cast in the same visage as they did for the show, or perhaps it was part of the deal with ArcS that they had a bit more input in how the cast would be portrayed in sprites (as long as it didn't in some way deviate from RT's portrayal), and there was just more footage and reference material for the old outfits. Don't forget, RWBY has fans high up in ArcS, but much like this thread alone, a large proportion of both fans and devs may not be familiar with it and just stick to the most easily accessible source material to do their jobs in designing them.

And yeah, that was indeed the spoiler, but...
Ned dies!?!?!? What.
jk

Neoxon

Woah Switch

Where yall at Namco

I hope there's an edition of joycon with real dpads at this point. I know this game is apparently optimised for pads but still, no way an anime fighter would have execution easy enough so those buttons would be fine for it. It's hell to play freaking sf2 with it
The only current Bamco fighting game that could realistically be on the Switch (without major compromises) is DBFZ, which is also developed by ASW.

DrArchon

Guessing Rachel can't control the wind at all, it's just part of her normals.
Hazama is in! Now reveal Adachi for that perfect pairing.

Adachi's gotta wait for the entire Investigation Team + whoever from P3 they want to bring in.

Also, I know P4's been out for ages, but wouldn't it be kinda shitty to have a massive spoiler for that game in a product that isn't even specifically a P4 product? It was one thing to spoil that kinda stuff in the P4 fighters, but here?

What is going on with Ruby in this gif? Lol

I’m glad Hazama is in. Rachel’s head looks fucking huge in that art though. It’s still hard to tell if this will get a dub. I’m gonna go with no but then Story Mode is gonna be a little weird with RWBY characters speaking in English while the others speak in Japanese. I guess it works fine in Tekken though.

RWBY characters seem to be getting japanese voices.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1507786025

WarRock

Adachi's gotta wait for the entire Investigation Team + whoever from P3 they want to bring in.

Also, I know P4's been out for ages, but wouldn't it be kinda shitty to have a massive spoiler for that game in a product that isn't even specifically a P4 product? It was one thing to spoil that kinda stuff in the P4 fighters, but here?
Dunno, depending on the dialogue, you are spoiling a shit ton of stuff from BB after the first game anyway.

Rmagnus

Banned
Woah Switch

Where yall at Namco

Waiting for a cheaper version to be available on other platforms first so most likely 2019 for dbz fighters

DrArchon

Dunno, depending on the dialogue, you are spoiling a shit ton of stuff from BB after the first game anyway.

Yeah, but at least this is a fighting game with BlazBlue in the name.

Spoiling P4's big twist in this would be like spoiling that Aeris dies in Soul Calibur 1.

jrDev

I would pick this up if the Switch had a d-pad and I’m not going to buy the pro controller due to how overpriced it is.
This maybe something to look into:

FastSnail Controller Converter for Nintendo Switch, Makes PS3/PS4 Dualshock/XBOX 360/XBOX ONE Controllers Compatible with Your Nintendo Switch, Support Vibration, with Type-C OTG Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZFPJLQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Will be checking it out, based on the reviews it’s good...

Trace

Banned
For the love of god can we get the Japanese dub for RWBY in there? Switching from Japanese to English based on the character sounds horrible, doesn't help that I can't stand the english voice actors.

For the love of god can we get the Japanese dub for RWBY in there? Switching from Japanese to English based on the character sounds horrible, doesn't help that I can't stand the english voice actors.

They have them in the JP trailer for Cross tag battle, i just posted it lol

They either hinted or directly said (can't remember which) that there'll be more BB characters than the other series get, probably because they have a lot more to work with (and BlazBlue's in the fucking title of the game).

If I had to guess the distribution will be:

BB >>> P4A/U >> UNIEL >>>>>>> RWBY

So I'd imagine that even if you only have experience with BB you'll be fine.

That's a relief, though familiarity with the others will come through playing this, I feel! Fingers crossed that my old main makes it in...!

It's...coming to Switch...and not Xbox One...I'M SO HAPPY!!!! lol.

On a serious note though, while I have never played three of these franchises, I am a BIG RWBY fan. So yeah, this is going to be a buy.

Surfside

Banned
But then that would take away a core selling point of having multiplayer built in.

I hope they offer Joycons with a real dpad in the future. Though i would only need it for fighting games. I didn't have any problems using the standard
buttons, for the 2d games i played. Like Shovel Knight for example.

El Sloth

Banned
I hope we get more clarification on what the etc tab in the NYCC build was about. I'm really hoping it means single characters outside the 4 main series being represented in BBTAG. That'd be sick

The only current Bamco fighting game that could realistically be on the Switch (without major compromises) is DBFZ, which is also developed by ASW.

That's what I'm suggesting, not Tekken but freaking DBFZ, too bad despite the huge demand on social media they seem to be going full Soul Calibur 2 HD online on it. Dpad issues aside Switch being portable is just so convinient for those games since you can just pop it in to go on training mode instead of bothering to turn on your tv and such to do that busywork when you can just instead play another game that feels more rewarding. It's kind of like when people prefer playing grindy rpgs on portable. Tbh if GG/BB were on Wii U I would have been much more motivated to play them further

Kmk9PJL.gif

Also, is that a new rendition of 'Mirror Mirror'?
Sounded like a new version of Mirror Mirror. Weiss looks pretty sick.

Some people are saying it's the version seen in Weiss' Volume 5 short.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bZAS_rzgCE0

Fuck yeah! SWITCH VERSION!!!

So damn happy. Will get for the Persona characters and also check out other series. First Arcsys game that I'll try, hopefully I can be somewhat good since I usually just stick to games like Smash that don't have "analog motion+ button combo".

Only thing I'd be worried about is a dead online population since main fanbase is on PS4 but I must have faith that many other Swtch owners will pick this up.

So happy this game's on a portable and hopefully all future Arcsys games will be on Switch aswell like the eventual P5 arena.

Korigama

Fairly positive that it's safe to conclude that everyone from team RWBY specifically will be making it in, meaning we'll see Blake and Yang soon enough. It's who the other three slots will go to that's more of a question (if indeed it's the case that there are only seven per franchise as the select screen suggests, along with six ETC slots).

Top Bottom