• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

orioto
Good Art™
(12-27-2008, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by dallow_bg

Please get high res ones of the Marios!

Well, i could but it would be fake hiogh rez. I can re-texture the thing actually. Tell me if you want that !
Azar
(12-27-2008, 08:38 PM)
I second the Nights request. That's a game you could do something really breathtaking with.
dallow_bg
nods at old men
(12-27-2008, 08:39 PM)

Originally Posted by orioto

Well, i could but it would be fake hiogh rez. I can re-texture the thing actually. Tell me if you want that !

Only if it's not much trouble for you.

I'm going to get these professionally printed and spread the word about your work as well.
Thanks again!
beelzebozo
Jealous Bastard
(12-27-2008, 08:40 PM)
amazing stuff. i've had the super mario world one as my background for ages, but i'm switching to the world of illusion one.

ace work, my friend.
Momar
aka Ryder
(12-27-2008, 08:54 PM)
Orioto, love your stuff man. On the Yoshi one, I noticed it looks much more penciled in, where as a few of the early ones (especially the mario ones) have a more paintbrush-esque style to them. Was this on purpose to appeal to the Yoshi's Island aesthetic, or something else?

I'm actually a little concerned with so many requests being rained on you, I hope you don't feel rushed to put stuff out for us! Take your time man :D
orioto
Good Art™
(12-27-2008, 09:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Ryder

I'm actually a little concerned with so many requests being rained on you, I hope you don't feel rushed to put stuff out for us! Take your time man :D

Haha, don't worry, i make it when i enjoy making it !

So i updated the Mario World download (on the dev page) to have a 5000x2800 version for print. Obviously it's not perfect at all when you see it like that, but the print should be fine if not giant size^^
samratty
(12-27-2008, 09:21 PM)
Great new one!

Please keep this page updated, maybe even throw in a few non-game related ones from time to time. You have talent!
AlucarD.eq
(12-27-2008, 09:24 PM)
Thanks so much... It´s awesome your work
BikoBiko
(12-27-2008, 09:29 PM)
Awesome work, Yoshi's Island looks even better than the original game :D Very impressive.
Cofor
(12-27-2008, 09:34 PM)
I really liked the Yoshi one.
But I think the metroid one will be my wallpaper for months...
zoku88
(12-27-2008, 09:40 PM)

Haha, don't worry, i make it when i enjoy making it !

So i updated the Mario World download (on the dev page) to have a 5000x2800 version for print. Obviously it's not perfect at all when you see it like that, but the print should be fine if not giant size^^

Anyway you could do the same for the Mickey Mouse one ^^ ?
grindamasta
(12-27-2008, 10:55 PM)
wow wow wow : O

Ho and this time 5000x2813 printable in download, for those interest.

awesome, I'll print it and put it in a frame (no kidding).
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(12-27-2008, 11:42 PM)

(neutral) orioto
Good Art™
(Today, 08:13 PM)

Damn right
Nemo
Will Eat Your Children
(12-28-2008, 12:32 AM)
I'm probably in a real minority here. But one of the Oddworld (Abe's Exoddus) games could look wonderful in that style!
orioto
Good Art™
(12-28-2008, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by zoku88

Anyway you could do the same for the Mickey Mouse one ^^ ?

Done !

And thx to someone for the tag :D
boutrosinit
Street Fighter IV World Champion
(12-28-2008, 01:17 AM)

He he he !

I didn't really dare to do that cause well, it's kind of cocky, but anyway. I would like to discuss some questions about my work with yo neogaf, and i don't want to flood the Wallpaper thread forever.

This way i can resume my last months work, and speak with you about what should i do next and all that, even maybe show some wip.

Here we go : Downloadable Full HD version on each link (download button left)
....!

JESUS FUCKING TITS! You are one motherfucking talented bastard! :)

Very very very impressed.
Cocopjojo
(12-28-2008, 06:12 AM)
Okay, can I semi-hijack this thread to ask a question? What kind of place would I go to and how much would it cost to get stuff like this printed into poster form to be framed and put on the wall? I've seen a lot of stuff in the HD wallpapers thread that I'd like to do that with, too.
CajoleJuice
(12-28-2008, 06:13 AM)
These are fucking great. I wouldn't mind higher-res versions, but they are still awesome nonetheless. Really impressive stuff.
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(12-28-2008, 06:20 AM)
:bow: OP. Great work man, keep pumping new ones please. :D
I would LOVE a 1080P res one for PS3 wallpaper. Maybe you and m0dus could even tag team and make the ultimate XMB theme.

EDIT: *m0dus post* OMFG. :lol :lol
zoku88
(12-28-2008, 06:21 AM)

Done !

And thx to someone for the tag :D

I love you..
Handycrap101
Banned
(12-28-2008, 06:25 AM)

MG2 deserves this.
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(12-28-2008, 06:26 AM)

Originally Posted by m0dus

What? :p i am totally not kidding.

I typed my post, clicked submit before your post existed. When the page refreshed I saw your new post and mine right below it. I was like holy shit...YES! :p
Please bestow upon us some arty XMB themes. I'll take em all.
FromTheFuture
(12-28-2008, 06:29 AM)
Wow, i must say... great job on all of this. I really like how you portray each game in its unique style. It keeps the game's stylistic touch but it really brings it out strongly. GAF has too many people with talent
:( i'm jealous.

edit. Wow, if m0dus and orioto worked together... my ps3 screen would look godly.
orioto
Good Art™
(12-28-2008, 09:08 AM)
Wow, i'm just waking up and see good things here :)

Cool m0dus, a collab could be fun ! I'm looking at the pm now !
metsallica
(12-28-2008, 11:07 AM)
[IMG]http://i39.************/2w2pjc5.png[/IMG]
Rewrite
Not as deep as he thinks
(12-28-2008, 11:10 AM)
:lol

My favorite one is the Metroid one. So amazing and beautiful.
Rewrite
Not as deep as he thinks
(12-28-2008, 11:44 AM)

Originally Posted by m0dus

Heh. well, it wouldn't necessarily be THAT much of a wait. I already had a theme kinda ready to go, but since it is SO similar to the concept that Orioto is masterfully presenting here, I thought it might be a good idea to get some of his artwork in there . . . :)

I can certainly say this much: This remake was one of the flurry of requests that he got in the last couple of pages . . .

OMG.
orioto
Good Art™
(01-03-2009, 11:34 AM)
Just a little update to say that i finished my wallpaper for the m0dus collab, i sent it to him and now we wait ;)

What game will it be !!
SnakeXs
about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
(01-03-2009, 11:36 AM)

Just a little update to say that i finished my wallpaper for the M0dus collab, i sent it to him and now we wait ;)

What game will it be !!

Woo.

Looking forward to it.
Rewrite
Not as deep as he thinks
(01-03-2009, 11:37 AM)

Just a little update to say that i finished my wallpaper for the M0dus collab, i sent it to him and now we wait ;)

What game will it be !!

I think I know. ;)
bengraven
(01-03-2009, 04:38 PM)
I'm going to go against my tag with this one:

liajdflkasjdfklajsdflkajsflkajsflakjfas

This is my first bookmarked/subscribed thread.

Also, Orioto, you'd do my childhood a huge solid by doing a FFVI one.
Jirotrom
(01-03-2009, 05:32 PM)
good lord I only wish that we could have 2d games like this.
Seiken
Banned
(01-03-2009, 05:33 PM)
orioto
Good Art™
(Today, 11:34 AM

:D!

Originally Posted by bengraven

Please Orioto, I'd pay money for it. Please!
McBacon
SHOOTY McRAD DICK
(01-03-2009, 05:40 PM)
Ever play Monkey Island?
Milhouse31
Bad Art ™
(01-03-2009, 05:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Seiken

orioto
Good Art™
(Today, 11:34 AM

:lol he is my nemesis now
Panajev2001a
GAF's Pleasant Genius
(01-03-2009, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Milhouse31

:lol he is my nemesis now

Well, you can always strike back with the "he's thinking" milhouse poster/HD background campaign ;).
GotchaForce
(01-03-2009, 05:59 PM)
Your works are awe-inspiring.

....please do Gunstar Heroes...
Endymion
(01-03-2009, 06:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Fatghost

I wish we were getting 2D Mario, Zelda, and Sonic games that look like that.

That would be a better gaming world. Superb.
orioto
Good Art™
(01-03-2009, 06:24 PM)

Originally Posted by bengraven

You know, FFVI is my absolute fav game also, but i'm not so sure there is an obvious way of doing it in 2D right now !
cartman414
(01-03-2009, 11:07 PM)
What Castlevania are you planning on doing?

And if you're taking requests, I'm gonna go Metroidvania and add Zelda 2, Faxanadu, and Monster World IV.
Dash Kappei
Not actually that important
(01-03-2009, 11:25 PM)
I'll probably be flamed (rightfully so) for not google searching this but... what do I have to do to make this lovely wp as my x360 dashboard background? Just burn 'em on a cd and then select them from current disc -> pictures right? Will the 360 stretch them or just use the fixed aspect ratio>
mm04
(01-03-2009, 11:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Dash Kappei

I'll probably be flamed (rightfully so) for not google searching this but... what do I have to do to make this lovely wp as my x360 dashboard background? Just burn 'em on a cd and then select them from current disc -> pictures right? Will the 360 stretch them or just use the fixed aspect ratio>

A thumb drive will work too.
orioto
Good Art™
(01-04-2009, 12:36 AM)
Updated the first post with the Gunstar one (printable dl on deviant).
bengraven
(01-05-2009, 01:04 AM)

You know, FFVI is my absolute fav game also, but i'm not so sure there is an obvious way of doing it in 2D right now !

Celes on the cliff or the Magitech armor marching toward Narshe? Would be interesting to see you paint over Mode 7 graphics. :lol
Dash Kappei
Not actually that important
(01-06-2009, 12:42 AM)
Damn, I want to use Orioto's Mickey&Donald's masterpiece as my X360 theme but I can't get rid of NXE's sucky grey bottom half, is there a qay to do this?
Otherwise what would be the point in switching bgs and themes?!
Raging Spaniard
If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
(01-06-2009, 01:06 AM)
Hey, missed this thread. Good work Orioto! Im jealous of all the attention :D

If you were gonna do a FF VI one, I think Narshe would be a really fitting place for your style, with all the mining and the steampunk look it has.
orioto
Good Art™
(01-06-2009, 01:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Raging Spaniard

Hey, missed this thread. Good work Orioto! Im jealous of all the attention :D

If you were gonna do a FF VI one, I think Narshe would be a really fitting place for your style, with all the mining and the steampunk look it has.

Hoo you're so much talented than me !! Do more fighter artworks ;)

Narshe yeah.. I can see this.. 50-70 hours of work, no thx :lol No but seriously, that's what i was talking about in my op initially.

What i like to do is something that could be an interesting proposition as a version of the game ! And for RPG, i'm really not sure it would be of any interest to do it in 2D now... Now i could do some background research for sure, but i'm not confortable with architecture and such...
Elbrain
Suckin' dicks since '66
(01-06-2009, 02:00 AM)
Damn how did I miss these before? They are great.
Raging Spaniard
If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
(01-06-2009, 02:03 AM)

Hoo you're so much talented than me !! Do more fighter artworks ;)

Narshe yeah.. I can see this.. 50-70 hours of work, no thx :lol No but seriously, that's what i was talking about in my op initially.

What i like to do is something that could be an interesting proposition as a version of the game ! And for RPG, i'm really not sure it would be of any interest to do it in 2D now... Now i could do some background research for sure, but i'm not confortable with architecture and such...

I don't know, what I find appealing, and I think most people here can relate, about your style is that that you give us a vision of what a classic game can look like if it was released today in high res 2D. So with that in mind, a high res looking 2D RPG remake is something that nobody has really seen yet (for FF I would ditch the SD character look and make them look more realistic in an Amano way ... but thats just me)

Ci cest difficile a comprendre peut-etre je peu l'ecrire en Francais ;)
orioto
Good Art™
(01-06-2009, 10:00 AM)
Ca va j'comprends bien en anglais:lol French speaking ? Hey i added you on my deviant journal in my friends !

For the FFVI talk (great talk !), wel ok let's say you give a non sd amano style to character. But i guess you don't see that from top anymore ? Yes ? More a FF VII-IX style with "cinematic" background with different angles ? But in this case, charas should be 3D and cell shaded.