• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's JP mag news (OUENDAN 2 MAY 17!!!!)

Bo130

Kafel said:
I've read somewhere that it says that a new Character will be revealed in the next Coro Coro.

That's what I figured out as well. I'm trying to confirm it. Does anyone know when the next Coro Coro is out?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Bo130 said:
That's what I figured out as well. I'm trying to confirm it. Does anyone know when the next Coro Coro is out?
Coro Coro comes out monthly.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I don't really remember but isn't coro coro the magazine that keeps having pokemon news and crap?
Maybe just a returning pokemon or a new one?

Avalon

neo2046 said:
Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 2 for PSP

The first Tag Force was pretty much the best Yu-gi-oh game in the entire series.

Aggressive AI who didn't all play exactly the same, extremely fast animations, and a shit load of different cards to mess around with. The only thing that kept it from being a good game was how half-baked the "Sim" elements were and how long and repetitive the main quest was.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Lain said:
Eyes are also a good hint to gender in those games... Females are drawn with slightly bigger/rounder eyes... or that's what I've noticed.
Not really, they're probably going by the standard anime/manga convention.

Eye shape usually has more to do with personality or demeanor, so bigger/rounder usually tends toward more innocent/inexperienced/naive/younger, as opposed to devious/seasoned/cynical/older.

sakura-and-sumire.jpg

ant1532

Banned
ssbbsrj5.jpg

So what does this say?

I heard they're showing a new character in next weeks Coro Coro!???!

But that's probably untrue...

And when does Coro Coro come out?

neo2046

ant1532 said:
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/7425/ssbbsrj5.jpg[IMG]

So what does this say?

I heard they're showing a new character in next weeks Coro Coro!???!

But that's probably untrue...

And when does Coro Coro come out?[/QUOTE]
Readers Most Wanted No.1 !!
Wii software "Dairantou Smash Bros X"
Coro Coro Ouendan (support group) has been founded

I believe there will be a special column about Smash Bros X since next issue
and I don't think Coro Coro magazine can review any new character before other game magazines

ant1532

Banned
neo2046 said:

and I don't think Coro Coro magazine can review any new character before other game magazines
Why is that? They reveal a lot of new exclusive news about the Megaman series all the time.

Thanks for the translation btw

neo2046

ant1532 said:
Why is that? They reveal a lot of new exclusive news about the Megaman series all the time.

Thanks for the translation btw
I don't often buy Corocoro mag, but from what I see

Coro Coro is a comic magazine target for kids
the mag has Pokemon, megaman star force, Kirby and escape Ape comic in each issue
so usually Coro Coro can reveals new game information of these title first.
and it seems the relationship between corocoro and Nintendo are quite good recently
Corocoro has a game section and talk a lot about Nintendo titles (DS and Wii) in each issue

Firestorm

neo2046 said:

:)

Quick Question for the Ouendan lovers in this thread: I have Ouendan and quite enjoy it, but I don't read a lick of Japanese and have no idea how to open up the two difficulties beyond the mohawk team. Do you have to get A's on all the levels? I can get through most songs without missing a disk, but I suck when it comes to getting 300s on every one.

reggieandTFE said:
Quick Question for the Ouendan lovers in this thread: I have Ouendan and quite enjoy it, but I don't read a lick of Japanese and have no idea how to open up the two difficulties beyond the mohawk team. Do you have to get A's on all the levels? I can get through most songs without missing a disk, but I suck when it comes to getting 300s on every one.
There are four difficulty levels:

Easy: Bald guy (Tanaka)
Normal: Guy on the cover (Ryuuta)
Hard: Guy with hat (Kai)
Very Hard: Cheerleaders

You start off with Easy and Normal unlocked. To unlock hard, just beat Ready Steady Go on Normal. To unlock Very Hard, just beat Ready Steady Go on Hard.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh geeze, Lost Odyssey looks unbelievable.

That carrier looking thing is bringing me back to FFVII. Actually, so is the giant pillar. I love it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
XiaNaphryz said:
Not really, they're probably going by the standard anime/manga convention.

Eye shape usually has more to do with personality or demeanor, so bigger/rounder usually tends toward more innocent/inexperienced/naive/younger, as opposed to devious/seasoned/cynical/older.

sakura-and-sumire.jpg

Bingo

Speaking of Sakura Taisen, I got my Play-asia order of Sakura Taisen 1&2

I am loving it!!!

LO has some nice style. Hopefully they make the camera controllable....the last vids didnt look impressive....the backgrounds just looked prerendered, even though they werent...difficult to tell the graphical fidelity, that ship scene looks straight out of FFX in terms of design

Posted? Old?

FFXII: Revenant Wings Reviewed

April 16, 2007 - One of the most highly anticipated DS games has seen its first reviews appear in the Japanese press. The quarterly Dengeki DS & Wii Style will go down in history (quick -- update the appropriate Wikipedia pages!) as having provided the first reviews of Square Enix's Final Fantasy XII sequel, Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings.

Misawa, a super hardcore gamer who likes western games, gave the game an 85 out of 100.

Wakasama, a super hardcore gamer who loves locking himself up with RPGs and simulation games and buys games on release day even if he doesn't have time to play them, awarded the title 90 out of 100.

Finally Tarou Hayashi, a game fan who'll try out any genre but has recently found himself playing action and puzzle games, gave the title a 90 out of 100 and flagged it with a "recommended" mark.

Finally, good old Tarou. This reviewer praised the game's balance, which he said is perfect for a portable game. The only bad points he noted involved difficulties in selecting areas of the battle field with the stylus. He suggested using buttons during battle.

more
http://ds.ign.com/articles/780/780805p1.html

I haven't seen a scan of this mag. Is this real or fake? Japanese reviews on mondays? Strange...

guise

This doesnt really deserve its own thread, but it is ouendan related.

Is it even possible to complete ready steady go on super hard with the standard ds lite stylus?? I just start getting cramps whenever i try so ive been playing with a chopstick instead which isnt exactly any better :lol . Basically, what's the best stylus to play with?

guise said:

Is it even possible to complete ready steady go on super hard with the standard ds lite stylus?? I just start getting cramps whenever i try so ive been playing with a chopstick instead which isnt exactly any better :lol . Basically, what's the best stylus to play with?

Im currently playing EBA and the old stylus did cramp my hand but new stylus is totally fine with me, but i did complete Ouendan using old and new stylus before so it is possible.

Just grit your teeth and get past the cramps.

Ril

guise said:

I just ordered Hori's Comfortable Touch Pen with Ouendan 2. It seems to be the exact same stylus as the original Comfortable Touch Pen for the original DS, but with a little plastic dealie to hook the stylus onto the back of the DS lite. I ordered the first one with Ouendan last year, and it's a great stylus. Long, sturdy, and easy to grip. Makes all stylus-centric games much easier, and especially does wonders for the spinners in Ouendan.

Top Bottom