• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Unity picture released and art leaked

dex3108

We are close :D

10441394_643383049077445_711526311455167946_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...66441710.72704.265498123532608&type=1&theater

confirmation_146314.jpg

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/confirmation.aspx

Vire

Da Vinci figure: check

do we even know what new thing this one does? it seems very by the numbers, altho im judging from press jargon and scarce footage to be fair
Maybe wait like five days to make these kind of comments... C'mon salsa.

Salsa

Maybe wait like five days to make these kind of comments... C'mon salsa.

I know, hence why I said where im judging it from. was legitimately asking if we knew more and I missed it

That's Antoine Lavoisier, the father of modern Chemistry.

that screen just gives me a big "Im a supporting character that makes you new gadgets" vibe

im open to being surprised since the french revolution is my favorite setting so far

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I know, hence why I said where im judging it from. was legitimately asking if we knew more and I missed it

that screen just gives me a big "Im a supporting character that makes you new gadgets" vibe

Oh I thought you were asking what the person did that made them relevant/new feeling.

My assumption is that in a game context he is likely the gadget person yes.

Salsa

Oh I thought you were asking what the person did that made them relevant.

My assumption is that in a game context he is likely the gadget person yes.

yeah, meant the game!

anyway, looking forward to the reveal either way, tho at this point my interest in the franchise is pretty thin

Vire

I do find it interesting that they finally have an assassin who is slender in build. Sleek and quick... almost like the Thief protagonist.

I really hope they get back to the roots of the series where you had multiple missions leading up to a special assassination. It's kind of sad that the first game in the series did it best.

Squire

Banned
I do find it interesting that they finally have an assassin who is slender in build. Sleek and quick... almost like the Thief protagonist.

I really hope they get back to the roots of the series where you had multiple missions leading up to a special assassination. It's kind of sad that the first game in the series did it best.

I'm also interested in his posture with his sword. I wonder if they're taking swordplay more seriously - like basing those fights on fencing and commuting to that firm of fighting - rather than the usual smorgasbord of weapons.

If they went all in I'd be cool with only having the hidden cross bow and the rapier.

Harlequin

And even the first game failed to live up to the potential of the series' concept. There's so much interesting stuff you could do with the whole social aspects and the infiltration aspects of the Assassin's Creed idea. But I suspect they'd never really build on that because it would mean making the games less action-focused and that wouldn't go down well with the mainstream audience. Gotta sell those 12 million units...

-PXG-

I told y'all yo blue shells don't scare me. Not even in space.

And with that, I leave on a high note.

Edit

Awww sheeit just got the airship kart

Vire

I'm also interested in his posture with his sword. I wonder if they're taking swordplay more seriously - like basing those fights on fencing and commuting to that firm of fighting - rather than the usual smorgasbord of weapons.

If they went all in I'd be cool with only having the hidden cross bow and the rapier.
That really is the number one thing I hope is improved for this game, I really don't know if I can take a seventh game with the same bland rinse and repeat combat that the series has used for far too long. The countering system just makes the whole thing a joke.

ignata

I'm looking forward to seeing that room 17 times after failing the tail mission that takes place there over and over and over and...

over.

Dead

well not really...yet
Honestly, all the game needs is a crouch.

Think it would alleviate pretty much any issue with any of the stealth missions

let us fucking crouch on command!

SDJGreen

Banned
I want to be excited for this...
Has so much potential to be interesting, let's hope they show something good at E3.

Vidpixel

Though expected, the notion of various pre-order offers still grosses me out. I'm excited to see the reveal, however.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Split bump.

Here's the fourth leak from earlier:

BpCSHISIgAAw6Ag.jpg:large

Source: https://twitter.com/CriptAssassini/status/473038613232771072/photo/1

Is this picture implying that one store has two different preorder offers for this game?

No, the other preorder offer is a slot machine sweepstakes thing that happens once a week up to launch, so the earlier you preorder the more chances you have to win.

Thanks. Without seeing the whole thing I was reading it like it was pick mission A or mission B when you preorder.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Is this picture implying that one store has two different preorder offers for this game?

No, the other preorder offer is a slot machine sweepstakes thing that happens once a week up to launch, so the earlier you preorder the more chances you have to win.

lantus

Picture looks nice. Not going to get excited about this though, every Ubisoft game I buy ends up disappointing me, except for Rayman.

sjay1994

im open to being surprised since the french revolution is my favorite setting so far

Davinci was the only one who ever made the player gadgets.

Ben Franklin gave you jack shit.

So I assume Chile (or Comet, or whatever it is) is for last gen? I wonder if Ubi will port it to next gen, I'd totally buy both

Top Bottom