• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most unpopular opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is the worst movie in the MCU

There was no reason for Baby to go through with the final heist in Baby Driver

Super Mario 3D Land > 3D World

Power Rangers is the second best superhero movie of 2017 so far

White people love Tarantino movies because he enables them to quote racial slurs for "art appreciation"

N4Us

I couldn’t stand Arrested Development, and it bugs me that it's considered an “underdog” yet it got 3+1 seasons while other better comedy shows (IMO) of the era could barely get 2.

I think some people who say “Platform exclusives shouldn’t exist” are full of it and usually don’t say that when a game’s exclusive on the platform of their choice.

I’m generally pro-union but some are really shitty and deserve flack.

Nu Metal is awesome. It's raw, euphoric and the lyrics range from funny to surprisingly relatable. The sound is very distinctive and the bands that bring hip hop into the mix are my favorite.

You should check out the Roach Koach podcast if you haven't. They make some fun of it but they're not as cynical as most people who talk about the genre are and it's gotten me to appreciate some bands from the era better.

Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Beyonce and Ed Sheeran are complete musical garbage and I actively despite their trashy output.

I'd 100% honestly listen to Justin Bieber instead.

Not the most unpopular though.
Nope.
And what have you listened to from them?

JC Lately

I think the Twilight books are ok

Same. Listened to the audio books and thought they were bland, but harmless. TBH, I liked them better than The Hunger Games, through in fairness I’ve only seen the films of the latter. Perhaps books are better?

By extension, 50 Shades of Grey isn't written any worse than any other erotica I’ve read. ‘Cept perhaps Sunstone. But Sunstone, by its very nature of being a graphic novel, gets to ‘cheat’ and just depict the sexy stuff visually, instead of trying to force into prose.

Jombie

It comes into conflict with the rest of my social beliefs, but I'm A-Ok with capital punishment as long as we kill the right people.

Magwik

Banned
Me: I've found myself more and more against restricting speech as well as deplatforming others even if they are racist cunts.

Facebook makes people stupid.
The internet has made people dumber in general
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is the worst movie in the MCU

There was no reason for Baby to go through with the final heist in Baby Driver

Power Rangers is the second best superhero movie of 2017 so far

White people love Tarantino movies because he enables them to quote racial slurs for "art appreciation"
Agree with the first 3, kind of understand the Tarantino one. Never played 3D World.
Robots and computers will not replace your job in your lifetime.
Doesn't that depend on the job?

Neece

I hate watching sports. Every time someone refers to the accomplishments of the team they like with the pronouns "we" or "us" I roll my eyes. "We're going to the Sports Bowl!" No. You have nothing to do with the team you like.

I knew someone who would scream and tear his house apart when "his" team lost and I thought he was acting like a petulant manchild. Why are some sports fans like that? I cannot understand it at all. I can't imagine screaming over such a passive hobby.

What if it’s a college sport and they refer to their alumni mater as “his team”?

Some Nobody

I'm late to this but you guys on page 3 saying you hate shorts need to spend sometime in Georgia or Florida during the summer. It got 108 where I live this summer and going outside without shorts was like a death warrant.

On Topic: I think guns need to restricted as much as the next guy but you guys go to far on here sometimes. I don't see anything wrong with people owning rifles for hunting of pistols locked up in their homes. Of course these guns need to be registered and I also think Bullets need registration numbers at this point but taking away everyone's gun isn't happening anytime soon in the south. Hell I know a guy that walks around with a gun on his side like he is any danger of getting his rights taken away and he is a blond haired blue eyed white guy. We need to have federal laws for consealed and carry. We need an assault weapons ban. But all out gun ban isn't going to happen.

You missed the part where I said I was from Mississippi. I know heat. I'm not wearing shorts. Jeans+Khakis year round.

Neece

I don't hate rap because of misogyny or anti-intellectualism (lol, I listen to metal FFS), but because I hate rapped vocals.

That's it.

Does this include harmonized rapped vocals, like for instance Bone Thugz in Crossroads or Left Eye’s raps from TLC in something like Waterfalls?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Does this include harmonized rapped vocals, like for instance Bone Thugz in Crossroads or Left Eye’s raps from TLC in something like Waterfalls?
I have heard neither of those, but, *checks youtube* yup
that was seriously some painful few seconds, don't know why I even bothered

Servbot24

Banned
Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Beyonce and Ed Sheeran are complete musical garbage and I actively despite their trashy output.

I'd 100% honestly listen to Justin Bieber instead.

Not the most unpopular though.

You can dislike these 4 people but they have nothing even remotely in common

Coldplay and Beyonce are both fantastic. Both are sometimes bland, but the highs are absolutely wonderful.
Bruno Mars is not my thing. Hard time judging it but I definitely don't like it.
Ed Sheeran is objectively vile, horrible music.

I think that The Lumineers and Mumford & Sons are possibly the two worst artists active today and are actually a poison to the music industry. That opinion would probably be more in vogue a few years ago though. :p

Some Nobody

You can dislike these 4 people but they have nothing even remotely in common

Coldplay and Beyonce are both fantastic. Both are sometimes bland, but the highs are absolutely wonderful.
Bruno Mars is not my thing. Hard time judging it but I definitely don't like it.
Ed Sheeran is objectively vile, horrible music.

I think that The Lumineers and Mumford & Sons are possibly the two worst artists active today and are actually a poison to the music industry. That opinion would probably be more in vogue a few years ago though. :p

Lol. I can't rock with Beyonce. The avid worship turns me off even if she's not a bad singer. Bruno Mars is legit tho.

Laiza

Robots and computers will not replace your job in your lifetime.
This is hardly an unpopular opinion.

Which is unfortunate, because it's also a dangerous and blatantly false one (unless you're talking to elderly folks or people in high-level positions). Ignore the wave of the future at your own peril.

People who have a very strong opinion on other people's (responsible) consumption of alcohol and idea of past time activities ie: (going to a bar, pub, club, watching sports etc ) are just straight up strange and scary: I fear for the worst for society if they would ever be in a position of power one day. Maybe how communism, Marxism returns?

Even though I never smoke it, I would even dare go as far as to include weed next to alcohol above.

PopGaf should be re-instated. I only posted a couple of times on their threads but their over usage of .gifs didn't trigger me or anything. Also the other day I wanted to ask a question about Taylor Swift and there was no venue on GAF for me to do that... :/

SCChappy

Banned
the raimi spiderman movies are bad

1 is enjoyable as a big budget power rangers esque live action cartoon

2 is just straight up bad

the less said about 3 the better

don’t know if this is really a unpopular opinion but the hateful eight is terrible too

Gloggins

Babies, children and pregnancy is gross and human breeding is irresponsible.

We aren't the most important species on Earth or "top of the food chain". We're a cancer slowly destroying the planet for other species unfortunate enough to share the globe with us.

Family Guy is hilarious dammit

You can't love animals if you knowingly fund animal agriculture / abuse, so get outta here with that nonsense.

Trump's shenanigans are funny (he is obviously terrible and making your country look bad Americans, no argument there)

I would not be against the death penalty in the case of 100% certainty the person is guilty.

I don't feel bad for obese people, I think "How many innocent animals had to be exterminated to feed your blubberous fucking arse"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom