• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ August: Just Cause 3 and Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Can't believe how many people are excited for JC3. As someone who loved JC2 and bought JC3 practically Day 1 you are in for such a disappointment.

But hey, it's AAA and that's all that matters I guess.

Some things people have just got to learn for themselves.

UrbanRats

finished JC3 and its DLC on PC already (can't imagine playing it without mods, tbh), but maybe i'll give Freedom Cry a shot.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Glad to see some real games being offered consistently. I was getting tired of all those boring, new grounds flash game tier quality indies.

Gxgear

JC3's probably the perfect game to be on the PS+ list; good enough that you want to check it out, but have enough reservations about it that you don't want to spend money on it outright.

wbEMX

Fuck, I recently bought JC3 on PC, so only one game for me. Although, that's probably for the better as my PC with the 970 will probably run much better than that fucked up PS4 version. Stoked for AC Freedom Ground.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
thatsbait.gif

It's no bait friend. Look at how many comments there were in months where a bunch of unknown (read: unwanted) "quirky" indie games showed up. We are finally getting some AAA love for the past couple of months. The last absolute trash month IMO April 2017.

It's no bait friend. Look at how many comments there were in months where a bunch of unknown (read: unwanted) "quirky" indie games showed up. We are finally getting some AAA love for the past couple of months. The last absolute trash month IMO April 2017.

But it's a AAA game that doesn't work.

I'd rather take a quirky indie game that has the potential to be fun over a broken piece of shit like Just Cause 3.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I can confirm that Just Cause 3 is shit. This month is good for me mainly for Assassins Creed and Downwell. Though I don't know if this AC is actually any good. But it's an excuse to dive back in to a franchise I once loved but haven't played in years.

VLiberty

Uh thanks for the broken game I guess. And the dlc for a 4 year old game.

Downwell is nice however and easily the highlight.

eh as much as I like Downwell, it's a 5€ game without discount, which would otherwise bring it to the 2€ I paid for it.

this month is probably showing all the worst kinds of PS+ games: a 5€ base-priced game, a 2007 PS3 game and two bottom-of-the-barrell AAA games

it's of course a good month if you're interested in those games, I'm not writing off it entirely, but reading comments like "PS+ is finally good again" when there were much, much better months(which all get shat on because they didn't feature the famous AAA game) is so damn sad

Absolutely loved Just Cause 2, so I'm definitely interested in trying 3, even with the awful framerate and all. Here's hoping I don't mind it too much.

spats

Pleased with what we're getting next month. I can put up with JC3 running like poo. A lot of games I love run like shit.

ocean

Banned
Freaking finally some AAA games. I really hope Sony sticks to this road instead of pandering to the super-loud forum dwelling minorities who've been carrying the "AAA =creatively bankrupt / SNES style indies are all I want" torch.

I've discovered some true gems in PS+ downloads including brilliant stuff like Resogun, Fez, Pix the Cat, Rocket League, Super Meat Boy... but having this month's tier of games so so damn refreshing.

benzopil

Alienation was great and beautiful, Tales from Borderlands is godlike. What are you even talking about.

But yeah, I forgot, Just Cause is a real game because it's $60.

Damn, I'm an idiot, it was May. April really was garbage. But almost all other 2017 offerings were great.

Top Bottom