• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 - Creating the Coldheart Exotic Trace Rifle | IGN First

Melchiah

I'd be very surprised if it's as powerful as the trailer makes it seem. If it's that powerful, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed.

Pre-Order Exotics...sigh.

Oh well, I guess Iron Gjallarhorn was just the start. While it's cool to get guns for ordering, and all Destiny fans will get it, it's also now not special. Everyone will get it.

Excited about a beam weapon, but not excited. I like that it might become a weapon archetype.

E92 M3

Pre-Order Exotics...sigh.

Oh well, I guess Iron Gjallarhorn was just the start. While it's cool to get guns for ordering, and all Destiny fans will get it, it's also now not special. Everyone will get it.

Excited but not excited.

If the trace rifle is a blueprint for other unique exotics, then we have a lot of nice weapons ahead.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
....... so it takes skill to master a constantly on laser beam. Got it.

Looks kind of boring for an exotic to be honest. That terrible pre-order trailer doesn't do it any favors either.

Theorry

untitledk8sof.png

Raven117

Do we have frost elemental damage now?

You know....in a way, perhaps the exotics can be more imaginative in Destiny 2 with the dual primary system + a heavy.

Rarely in Destiny 1 (with the exception of the exoitc handcannon meta, and that was only for pvp), did you ever want to slot an exotic primary.

Now, there are now two slots that are "primary." In other words, you can use your exotic more.

Still can slot the exotic on the heavy, but...I dunno...might give a little more flexibility in actually using your exotic.

Of course, always by weapon if Xur is selling in the first month.

Ramirez

Do we have frost elemental damage now?

You know....in a way, perhaps the exotics can be more imaginative in Destiny 2 with the dual primary system + a heavy.

Rarely in Destiny 1 (with the exception of the exoitc handcannon meta, and that was only for pvp), did you ever want to slot an exotic primary.

Now, there are now two slots that are "primary." In other words, you can use your exotic more.

Still can slot the exotic on the heavy, but...I dunno...might give a little more flexibility in actually using your exotic.

Of course, always by weapon if Xur is selling in the first month.

Who even knows if Xur is coming back?

They say it's the only trace rifle in the game.

The whole idea that exotics are striving to be their own thing is the best thing I've heard about the loot. The game needs more Mytho's, QBB, & Lord of Wolves. Stuff that felt truly unique and not just a variation on a pulse/scout/etc.

Oh definitely.

I remember after every expansion I would count up how many new exotics had some perk based around returning ammo to the player, and how absolutely boring/lame that was. Like, almost half of the Exotics in D1 involved returning ammo to the player as their exotic perk. Which really just meant that your perk was leaving more white boxes on the ground.

JackHerer

I like this, giving me some hope that unique exotics can pick up the slack in gameplay variety created by the dual primary system.

Par Score

I'd be very surprised if it's as powerful as the trailer makes it seem. If it's that powerful, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed.

I'm sure this isn't the first case of Preorder-to-Win, but that doesn't make it any less nauseating.

Mark it: This gun will be too powerful, and it won't be nerfed until it's no longer a pre-order exclusive.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Oh definitely.

I remember after every expansion I would count up how many new exotics had some perk based around returning ammo to the player, and how absolutely boring/lame that was. Like, almost half of the Exotics in D1 involved returning ammo to the player as their exotic perk. Which really just meant that your perk was leaving more white boxes on the ground.

Still nothing better than the Pocket Infinity.

there was a return ammo to your gun aspect to it but it was the twist to the gun type (auto fire) that really made it special and different. The best part about it was that it felt poooowwwwerfull. Same with the Sleeper, Gally, Zhalo... favorites that didn't completely change the guns type or ammo or anything but they all have something super special about them that felt special.

I hope the sound design on this cold laser is on point. Could really make it or break it for me.

Z3M0G

Don't support this stuff.
Don't pre-order.
Don't buy special editions.
Don't buy season passes.

We need to break the cycle...

Have them sell us the game on the merits of the games themselves.
Have the quality of the game be proven before dropping cash on them.
Have them allow reviews a week in advance to allow people time to evaluate before day 1.

Where did they say this?

I may be mixing up speculation with news, all I found was this quote in an interview.

"When I look at the universe of Destiny, I see a lot of opportunity to tell stories about these characters that — you look at the Cryptarch and Xur, we don’t know much about them, but they’re cool characters. I’m curious about them. I want to know more about the Cryptarch. He seems mean. What’s going on with Xur? We’re trying to create these opportunities, and then the expansions are a great place to dive in."

https://venturebeat.com/2016/06/28/...updates-engagement-and-player-trust/view-all/

So it at least sounds like they'll bring him back in some form, but not confirmed. Sorry!

Melchiah

Don't pre-order.
Don't buy season passes.

Have them allow reviews a week in advance to allow people time to evaluate before day 1.

I don't see what's wrong with special editions, which I buy mostly for soundtracks and art books. Not to mention, that Uncharted 4's digital special edition saved me 25€ for The Lost Legacy.

Siege.exe

Don't pre-order.
Don't buy season passes.

I mean, it's not like a lot of us didn't just play the game for a week, let alone three years of Destiny 1. Stop telling others how to spend their money

Raven117

Don't pre-order.
Don't buy season passes.

Enjoy chasing the exotic for three months.

Don't pre-order.
Don't buy season passes.

They did sell me on the merits of the game. That's why I made the adult decision to buy it when I did.

Arc was always ice to me.

Solar is fire and Void is Space magic.

Sol is fire, is thermal.

Arc is electricity is kinetic.

Void is literally void, or the lack thermal or kinetic. Thus it's cold. If any element is Ice, it's Void.

Note: Obviously calling the non-elemental weapons kinetic is confusing.

Trace

Banned
Don't pre-order.
Don't buy season passes.

You're about 10 years too late on this crusade, sorry. I'll be preordering.

Nodnol

I've preordered anyway so the added benefit is a moot point.

If everyone's got it, and with the whole hand-crafted thing, they'll balance everything out anyway.

The biggest thing to take away, is if this does fit in as an elemental primary, then it opens up a hell of a lot of options if more unique and different exotics sit in various slots.

lol come on guys. People are trying to make this a bigger deal than it is. Anyone who cares about getting that gun right away is probably already pre-ordering. Everyone else gets it shortly after, so it really isn't a big deal. Yeah pre-order bonuses are stupid, but I'd be really surprised if anyone complaining about how horrible it is is even going to play Destiny or actually cares about it other than as a point to shit on Destiny more.

Or you know, maybe some people who actually are interested in playing the game find the idea of locking other people, who don't want to support pre-ordering, out of content to be really petty.

In case you don't know, this is called being mindful, sympathetic, kind, thoughtful, complaisant, unselfish, empathetic... and there really are humans that are capable of displaying and living by these qualities. Believe it or not.

funcojoe

Why does destiny 2's art design suck so bad compared to the first?

Everything they have shown lacks any type of exotic feel to it I felt the first games exotics had and the armor design is just fucking abysmal.

It's real stupid that it is a pre order bonus but I'm going to assume we can't even use it until max level like the first game anyway. I'm just hoping exotics are going to be super rare....

Don't pre-order.
Don't buy season passes.

It might seem bad, but this stuff works. They aren't abandoning it anytime soon.

Why can't I pre-order at Amazon? They don't charge me until it ships.

I like special editions of games I like. I will support them.
Same for Season Passes.

I don't buy things I know I won't like or have severe questions about. Your advice is for casual people that don't spend time on a gaming forum.

Top Bottom