• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphys

snes (non) update from BB forums:

For the NES Classic we were never able to pre-order till right when they were ready to finally ship them, so it wouldn't surprise me if they left us in suspense till the end again. Only good thing about it is the average consumer will have forgotten about it by then to make it easier for us to snag them.

Cake Boss

Banned
Anyone looking for a Switch in the Ottawa area:

Toys R Us in Orleans on Innes Road have multiple Switches in stock right now. You'll need to ask for it at the front since they are keeping them in the back.

Could you buy me one daddy?

Also holy shit Costco has finally started selling OLEDS. My dream to get one under $2500 this black friday is alive.

I am not seeing anything that indicates that I will get a credit on the purchase page.

Edit: Says I'm not eligible but I have never done this before.

explodet

Two reasons why this Gift Card thing might not be working for people:

1) The deal could be gone as the deal says "Quanities Limited".
2) ANY gift card activity might make you ineligible as the offer is for "New Gift Card Customers".

But I don't work for Amazon so who the hell knows.

Blam

2) ANY gift card activity might make you ineligible as the offer is for "New Gift Card Customers".

Honestly I think it's the latter.

Hmm. I did buy a gift card mid June but not as part of any promotion.

That's not true at all, Sony will give refunds for preorders. I have done it a couple times with no issues at all.

You must have been damn lucky then because I was allowed once to refund a game that was flat out busted, and ever since they refuse everything and shove the whole "you already got your one goodwill gesture refund" bs at me.

I ended up saying screw it after being 100% digital since launch and now I will only buy physical because of how brutal they have been with digital.

Sony did it for me once but they made a big deal out of it and told me they were being very generous in doing this "one time" refund for me.

ElNino

More than I am willing to pay right now (and I want a 65-inch) but that is actually a pretty good deal as it includes a $800 Soundbar and a $400 4K blu-ray player for $3500.
Looks like it is a promo from LG as Best Buy has the same deal. I thought about going to Best Buy and getting the UHD player since I bought my B7 a couple of weeks ago, but I got it for $500 less than this which is more than the UHD player and I don't have any interest in the soundbar.

kevin1025

Banned
So do i get persona 5 or gravity rush 2? i liked persona 4 and liked gravity rush 1 too

Persona 5 is 80-100 hours. Gravity Rush 2 is 20-30 hours.

Persona 5 is well-loved. Gravity Rush 2 is well-loved but has quite a few detractors.

I'd say Persona 5 is the right move, since you'll likely find Gravity Rush 2 on Black Friday for $30-40, and because of the amount of content.

But the Gravity Rush series is real damn good, too. You're not going wrong, either way, in my opinion!

killroy87

I haven't played P5 myself, but count me in on team "Gravity Rush 2 is incredibly over rated".

That game actively made me sad. Incredible style, and such fun mobility mechanics, utterly wasted on a boring, repetitive (and LONG) game.

Gxgear

Btw the Amazon reload offer is not the same as the GC offer, I had both on Prime day. Recently purchasing a GC or accepting a GC offer is probably what makes you ineligible.

So do i get persona 5 or gravity rush 2? i liked persona 4 and liked gravity rush 1 too

Go with Persona 5. Gravity Rush 2 is more like Gravity Rush: Part 2. It doesn't stray too far off from the Vita nor the Remaster, if you didn't like those you're not gonna like GR2 either.

I haven't played P5 myself, but count me in on team "Gravity Rush 2 is incredibly over rated".

That game actively made me sad. Incredible style, and such fun mobility mechanics, utterly wasted on a boring, repetitive (and LONG) game.

Gravity Rush 2 is the worst game I've played this year.

Edit: Completely agree with killroy

Have to agree.

It sucks because I really like the writing and style of the game but my god is the mission design awful. Also it way overstays its welcome.

Uh, wow, I didn't realize there was a Gravity Rush 2 hate brigade until now.

As someone who liked the original Gravity Rush, I thought Gravity Rush 2 was great, but there are some frustrating missions and optional challenges in there for sure (fucking stunt double sequence). But if anything, GR2 is even more charming than the original, and the plot Goes Places. And I never grew tired of the online treasure hunt challenges the game would throw at you. Combat is very similar to the first game, though you have the different fighting styles to add a bit of flavour. The environments are gorgeous, and the game looks great in general. I think if you liked the first game, you'll definitely get something out of the sequel.

That said, I'd still pick Persona 5 over Gravity Rush 2.

bryt

Gravity Rush gave me motion sickness too... I couldn't play it for more than 30 minutes at a time. So if you're someone who easily gets motion sickness, avoid it.

Seik

Banned
There's a spot on each product page where you can notify them of a lower price somewhere else, but there's no guarantee they'll match it.

Just did that, hopefully they'll get their heads out of their asses.

The game is out in two months, surely they can put the right price on it, even Mario Odyssey has been corrected now.

The dream is dead...

snes_zps887kpr5o.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yep, the iOS app sucks though. It's great on desktop for me though, especially with a browser extension that lets you right-click an image and upload it to your account and copy the link to your clipboard for easy pasting to GAF.

akumu

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but what's a good external HDD I can get from amazon.ca or Best Buy? Let's say under $100. I apologize in advance if I'm derailing the thread!

kevin1025

Banned
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but what's a good external HDD I can get from amazon.ca or Best Buy? Let's say under $100. I apologize in advance if I'm derailing the thread!

Is it for PC or console?

This one's 1TB, for $79.99.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/western-digital-wd-my-passport-1tb-2-5-usb-3-0-portable-external-hard-drive-wdbynn0010bbk-wesn-black-wdbynn0010bbk-wesn/10482122.aspx?

But if your budget is $100, and can squeak it to $110+tax, the 2TB version is one sale.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/western-digital-wd-my-passport-2tb-2-5-usb-3-0-portable-external-hard-drive-for-mac-wdbp6a0020bbk-wesn-wdbp6a0020bbk-wesn/10482858.aspx?

I always go Western Digital, they haven't let me down yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom