• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Survive: Singleplayer Trailer

Peroroncino

Published on Dec 13, 2017

First look at "METAL GEAR SURVIVE" single player mode with commentary from the game's producer.

"METAL GEAR SURVIVE" releases February 20, 2018 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam.

Play CO-OP mode during METAL GEAR SURVIVE'S BETA, available January 18th to 21st, 2018 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Please see the official website for more details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCsxfR7jxvs

Definitely gonna try the beta, maybe it's not Metal Gear everybody wanted, but it looks interesting enough as a survival game.

Pejo

That looks surprisingly fun. I loved the gameplay of MGSV, so I'm not even mad that I get to expand that into crafting and zombie killing. This came out of nowhere for me, but I think I'll get it.

That.... looks really.. good?

Definitely checking out the beta and right now it's firmly looking to be in the 'buy' camp..

Did not see that coming.

Calibos

It looks like a bunch of games mashed together...but I can't resist because of that game engine...MGSV ran like butter. Add in elements from a bunch of styles I like and I am day one.

Z3M0G

Why is Konami still making video games?

And I bet the Pay-2-win will be strong with this one... just a gut feeling...

kunonabi

MGSV is one of my favorite games of all time but I'd rather just play FOB missions or MG:O than buy this. Maybe if it was just a DLC addition it would be more appealing.

If anything this just makes me more depressed that Devil's Third is no more.

EPICVJ

Neo Member
regardless of how i feel about Konami, this is still a group of good developers who probably feel stuck under an overbearing corporation. but this still looks like a good game, kudos to those who who made the best of a shitty employer but good IP

Konami is so silly to fail to see how easily all of this would translate to a battle royale mode. I don't think every game should jump on this trend, but come on, Konami. You must be blind.

Kagero

Konami is so silly to fail to see how easily all of this would translate to a battle royale mode. I don't think every game should jump on this trend, but come on, Konami. You must be blind.

Yup. Agree totally. If there was one game this would be it.

Notice they didn’t mention micro transactions or loot boxes. This is Konami.

Do you believe they won’t mess this up?

I’m not interested. Ridiculous, cynical use of Metal Gear brand to sell a game full of pay to win mechanics or ridiculous levels of micro transactions or loot boxes. —. That is my prediction.

volcarona

Interesting that the video isn't 60fps. Could it be that Konami is so bad at optimization they can't get the fox engine to run their game at 60 on consoles?

Zambatoh

Notice they didn’t mention micro transactions or loot boxes. This is Konami.

Do you believe they won’t mess this up?

I’m not interested. Ridiculous, cynical use of Metal Gear brand to sell a game full of pay to win mechanics or ridiculous levels of micro transactions or loot boxes. —. That is my prediction.

Pay to win? In a co-op game? Nah bruh.
Even with MGO3, the MB coin currency was only used for cosmetic items and the FoB metagame in single player. In the latter's case, you could earn coins just by logging in everyday.
I made so much of it, I never felt like I ever needed to buy any of it.

meerak

Seems kind of awesome actually lol

I know it’s cool to hate Konami but the humans who made this game (actual devs) at the very least deserve a fair shake. Look first, then judge.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I'm not gonna support this. Hopefully, the masses don't. You can throw the name on it, but that doesn't make it genuine.

DonF

It doesnt look that bad! Biggest plot twist in Metal gear history if this game turns out better than TPP.
Will not buy at full price though

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My question is why even call this MGS in the first place!!? other than some sound effects it looks nothing like MGS.

xviper

i don't like Tower defense games and i'm tired of zombie games

but MGS V's gameplay is amazing and still unmatched, i might buy it

how did they manage to make the game look worse than MGS V ?? did they fuck up the engine or something ?

A.Romero

My question is why even call this MGS in the first place!!? other than some sound effects it looks nothing like MGS.

Branding. Some people might not be aware that this is done by a different team and all that.

The game looks somewhat interesting and I loved MGSV gameplay but I think I'd feel dirty by playing it.

I don't think I'll play this and maybe no other MGS game in the future.

That said, I'm interested in other member's opinions once it comes out.

Pay to win? In a co-op game? Nah bruh.
Even with MGO3, the MB coin currency was only used for cosmetic items and the FoB metagame in single player. In the latter's case, you could earn coins just by logging in everyday.
I made so much of it, I never felt like I ever needed to buy any of it.

Your faith in Konami is astounding.

But, good luck to your being right. I would be happy to eat crow on this one.

Zambatoh

Your faith in Konami is astounding.

But, good luck to your being right. I would be happy to eat crow on this one.

Faith in Konami? No no no. God NO!
My post was just personal experience.
I for one have never seen a co-op game with Pay to Win mechanics and I doubt I'm gonna see one now.

Faith in Konami? No no no. God NO!
My post was just personal experience.
I for one have never seen a co-op game with Pay to Win mechanics and I doubt I'm gonna see one now.
Mass Effect 3 multi. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but the high ranks were entirely filled with the rich and the obsessed.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This looks better then the base game damn.
What kind of wizardry us this?

Coop base farming Towedefense rpg minecraft shooter ?
Count me in

disappointed basically all the assets are old... was hoping for at least a slight re-skin of V's two biomes but looks exactly the same. which is odd considering the 'timing' of it but I suppose that's hardly the dumbest part of the story ;p

that said, they really went fullout on base building and survival (especially inventories). seems like a shitload of stuff to collect and build. I can't stand the zombie theme but maybe zombies + the satisfying snap-crackle-pop of V's controls will be fun, plus tons of survival/building content, could be a few weeks of fun. definitely gonna check it out at some point, mostly just a price/value call.

In it's co-op mode? How does that work?

ME3 multi is just co-op. Teams of four against waves. All gear is acquired via lootboxes, and the high-rank missions with the best rewards also require the best gear. It's a catch-22 that can only be broken with hundreds/thousands of crap-rolling free boxes, or buying the good stuff.

Top Bottom