• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UPs GTA IV Pre-Review (previous rumors of 360 version 'issues' true...?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsguy

skip said:
it's true. I made it all up. I'm actually an accountant in sioux city, iowa.

Dude what's the job market like over there? I'm looking to relocate there and I hear there's some prime poon to boot.

Walshicus

Captain Pants said:
Fuck console wars. I'm really happy to see that both versions are good. That's all I care about.
Well we're talking about a game that'd be hard to fault even if it were released on a 100hz 10MB RAM Hitler-Sphere with paddle inputs.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Sir Fragula said:
Well we're talking about a game that'd be hard to fault even if it were released on a 100hz 10MB RAM Hitler-Sphere with paddle inputs.

:lol :lol

Very true... even a massively inferior version of GTA4 would be better than most games that will come out this gen.

Captain Pants said:
:lol :lol

Very true... even a massively inferior version of GTA4 would be better than most games that will come out this gen.

It is indeed sad that the only thread where a conversation fitting of the sheer awesomeness that is this game is the Euro ad one.

And that I'm having it with myself.

Focus up, people! We bask today in the coming shadow of greatness!!

Chiggs

Weenerz said:
Didn't they delay the game to work on the PS3 version? So the issues will be with both version or what?

Correct. They delayed the game so that Rockstar could focus on the PS3 version by taking full advantage of the SPU's and delivering lossless audio.

At least, that's what I believe.

And I think I'm right. At least I think I am. I hope.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Weenerz said:
Didn't they delay the game to work on the PS3 version? So the issues will be with both version or what?

So that would mean the 360 version has been finished since last October? They were both delayed because they just weren't finished.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Actually it was officially confirmed that they delayed the game due to problems with the online portion of GTAIV. It just wasn't ready.

Doc Evils

Chiggs said:
Correct. They delayed the game so that Rockstar could focus on the PS3 version by taking full advantage of the SPU's and delivering lossless audio.

At least, that's what I believe.

And I think I'm right. At least I think I am. I hope.

what would happen if skip and cowboy astronaut are right? I wonder what kind of meltdown would happen.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
WickedLaharl said:
another mandatory install? hard fail.

I know... all those PS3 owning lozers, lol. By the time they get finished with their stupid install I'm gonna finish the goddamn game :lol :lol :lol :lol and the best part is I'll be on to the DLC (360 EXLCLUSIVE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) by the time they get past the first loading screen!!!!

EPIC FIAL

RSTEIN said:
I know... all those PS3 owning lozers, lol. By the time they get finished with their stupid install I'm gonna finish the goddamn game :lol :lol :lol :lol and the best part is I'll be on to the DLC (360 EXLCLUSIVE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) by the time they get past the first loading screen!!!!

EPIC FIAL

:lol

Chinner

Banned
brandonh83 said:
loldogqw52.gif

behold in all its pixalated beuty

RSTEIN said:

EPIC FIAL

:lol

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Chinner said:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/Wonder_Leone/GIF/loldogqw52.gif[IMG]
behold in all its pixalated beuty[/QUOTE]

more liek
[IMG]http://i25.tinypic.com/msofhd.gif

amirite

Snowden

Banned
RSTEIN said:

EPIC FIAL
:D

RSTEIN said:

EPIC FIAL

your post sure is full of fail considering it hinges on install time while i only mentioned mandatory installs as being fail.

Kittonwy

Banned
King_Slender said:
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167410&p=37

PURE speculation, but this appears to be a pre-review on the 360 version, with no mention of the PS3 version. 13 more days and we can all enjoy it ourselves.

* And, oh yes, the shooting. Pulling the left trigger halfway on the 360 controller lets you aim a weapon freely, while a full pull locks on to the closest enemy or nonplayable character in your camera's view. It's still not perfect since there doesn't seem to be much of a priority system in place that determines what enemy poses the more imminent threat, but the bonus is the new cover system, which gives you enough time to settle down your shot and lock on to your intended target.

WTF. That makes no sense to me. Why not just have free aim like in Uncharted where you press L1 instead of PULLING A TRIGGER HALFWAY? WTF is HALFWAY? That's like taking a piss halfway, you're neither here nor there.

Indifferent2.gif

WickedLaharl said:
your post sure is full of fail considering it hinges on install time while i only mentioned mandatory installs as being fail.

Only by installing the game on the PS3's motherboard, can you get the full GTA 4 DLC experience. Sorry PS3 owners, but you cant install games on the motherboard :/

Skip, thanks for all the question answering. Thanks for wading through this shit and giving some of the better impressions I've read so far. Done with the thread now.

LAMBO

Too bad about the car pop-in, that and the shooting system are the main things the series needs improvement on.

pswii60

Kittonwy said:
WTF. That makes no sense to me. Why not just have free aim like in Uncharted where you press L1 instead of PULLING A TRIGGER HALFWAY? WTF is HALFWAY? That's like taking a piss halfway, you're neither here nor there.

Indifferent2.gif
We're talking about the 360 triggers here.

Kittonwy

Banned
pswii60 said:
We're talking about the 360 triggers here.

Yes I'm looking at the problem in the context of 360 triggers, it's not like it goes from being depressed to some sort of true click, you're still dealing with pushing a trigger half-way for free-aim, that's inherently awkward.
Indifferent2.gif

pswii60

JB1981 said:
fuck now i'm gonna have to buy both versions
I've got both pre-ordered, just in case. Still quite confident the 360 version will cut it, purely based on a multitude of historical experience.
Kittonwy said:
Yes I'm looking at the problem in the context of 360 triggers, it's not like it goes from being depressed to some sort of true click, you're still dealing with pushing a trigger half-way for free-aim, that's inherently awkward.
Indifferent2.gif
Well, I'm willing to give it a try for myself before blindly dismissing it.

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Although it my appear that way, I think itll actually feel very organic switching from auto to manual, you could do it so quickly.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That fucking sucks. I hope the game isn't that bad. Sounds like the whole "police officers pop out of nowhere" thing might be true too.

Blargh.

newsguy

I guess I'm lucky because I don't mind the auto lock in single player. In multi it would totally suck, but the option to turn it off is there, so no worries.

pswii60

Ether_Snake said:
That fucking sucks. I hope the game isn't that bad. Sounds like the whole "police officers pop out of nowhere" thing might be true too.

Blargh.
Ah damn it. Hopefully EA will get Nibris to work on the next GTA.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
lawblob said:
Don't you know we're at war? Pick a side!!
civilwar.jpg

:lol ...I'm one of the weirdos that is buying both versions. I've got too many friends on both sides, so I'm Switzerland this time around.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Whos cares if it's PS3 or 360 issues. I don't give a fuck, if it's there it's gonna be both, and I don't want that popping shit in GTAIV damnit.

They better be able to fix this through an update!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Captain Pants said:
:lol ...I'm one of the weirdos that is buying both versions. I've got too many friends on both sides, so I'm Switzerland this time around.

You need to be more like Germany. Ambitous and misunderstood

FFChris

Fantastic thread.

Link to an article in the PS3 section of 1up, which has paragraphs commenting on the 360 version but also apparent 'issues' with the game.. suddenly, '360 versions has issues!'.

Not to mention the previous rumours of issues in the 360 version of the game came from a fake review on a fake reviews website.

Holy crap Gaf, is this Gamespot/GameFAQs?!

Jtrizzy

newsguy said:
I guess I'm lucky because I don't mind the auto lock in single player. In multi it would totally suck, but the option to turn it off is there, so no worries.

Where did you see this? Regardless of which controller it is, I think the idea of holding the trigger half way sounds kind of sketchy. Considering the problems with their aiming systems in the past, I think it's a valid concern. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. None of the previews have complained about it though, so that is a good sign.

Nitsuj23

RSTEIN said:

EPIC FIAL

That is if you're not stopped by a nasty RRoD =P. Hope not lol

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
FFChris said:
Fantastic thread.

Link to an article in the PS3 section of 1up, which has paragraphs commenting on the 360 version but also apparent 'issues' with the game.. suddenly, '360 versions has issues!'.

Not to mention the previous rumours of issues in the 360 version of the game came from a fake review on a fake reviews website.

Holy crap Gaf, is this Gamespot/GameFAQs?!

It is the 360 aticle copy and pasted into the PS3 section. It is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom