• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Jesus i just watched the video, these people are straight evil. That one kid is going to ahve problems later in life

I wonder what part of the US they live in.

Judging by the hick accent, I am going to guess somewhere in the south.

God this is such a horrible situation. I saw the Defranco video where he adressed other allegations against Martin. Jesus fucking Christ.

Darg

Neo Member
Wow when the father said "It's just a prank brah!" and starts laughing you immediately know the kind of person that is. There is no way they can get out of this one. No getting out of this one dude.

Boke1879

One thing I also noticed. When Phil plays part of their interview with DramaAlert.

The mom says cody goes to counseling. The family does.

I can't pretend to know the whole story. But why? And IF they are going to counseling how the fuck are videos like this supposed to help?

Arkeband

Banned
Yo guys it's all fake, in fact it's all CGI, in fact this is actually a promotion for Unreal Engine 5.

#Pranked #DirectX13 #Singularity

Just looking at those other kids, you can tell how they've been conditioned to respond to this shit. I'm not going to say it's too late for them, but they are already little assholes because they're basically punished if they don't act that way. That poor little kid is trying to hang on, but the entire family has targeted him. How many kids have committed suicide over social ostracism, let alone egged on by their parents?

Everything about this is perverse.

Watched DeFranco's video, and just...

The bit where the mother tells Cody he's 'the only one who can't take a joke', combined with the fact that he is clearly the target of choice in the family, make me wonder if he's on the spectrum or something. You know, enough to seem 'weird' to his family, and thus an acceptable punchline for their 'pranks'. Meanwhile, he sees through the bullshit as he doesn't implicitly buy into the premise, but is punished for doing so.

Fuck those parents. Gonna hug mine extra hard tomorrow for not even thinking to treat my condition like that.

timshundo

Man.

Sooo i hate remembering this but a few years ago at a past job I defended the physical discipline my dad used on me and my siblings to some old coworkers who were saying they'd never lay a hand on their children.

Now I see a therapist and know I have issues stemming from the aspect of my childhood.

Of course the kids are gonna defend their dad. He's their dad. But man the screaming and hitting and fighting and anger in that video... People think punching and mutilating their children when they hear "abuse" but I think it's far easier to affect your kids' development than that.

Cmagus

I mean if they put the ink on the floor for the prank and acted shocked or whatever it could have been harmless but when you're yelling at your kids to "Get the fuck up here now" and "I know you both are fucking lying again" then you're pretty much a piece of shit. I'm sorry but you don't talk to your young kids like that.

I like the part in the "apology" video where the mom says that the "haters" and the ones causing "drama" and messing up the kids. Lady, if you didn't make these videos that exploit the hell out of your children and constantly expose them to the world in vulnerable and abusive situations, no one would say a word about your horrible parenting skills or anything else about your uninteresting lives. Take responsibility for your own awfulness.

Biske

Yup thats fucking abuse.

Not even any debate.

Mountains of physical abuse. Mountains of emotional abuse.

Jesus fucking christ.

Gattsu25

Banned
Watched DeFranco's video, and just...

The bit where the mother tells Cody he's 'the only one who can't take a joke', combined with the fact that he is clearly the target of choice in the family, make me wonder if he's on the spectrum or something. You know, enough to seem 'weird' to his family, and thus an acceptable punchline for their 'pranks'. Meanwhile, he sees through the bullshit as he doesn't implicitly buy into the premise, but is punished for doing so.

Fuck those parents. Gonna hug mine extra hard tomorrow for not even thinking to treat my condition like that.

Watch the third video. There's a potential other reason why Cody gets treated worse than the other kids.

Dominator

The mothers screams would frighten the fuck out of me to be honest. I saw the ink video and she sounded like a demon. That's the only video I watched but they definitely took it too far, and it's 100% for exploitative purposes to make money on YouTube.

I'll check the DeFranco videos when I get home later.

Lord Fagan

Watched the video.

I was expecting Dave Chappelle to pop out and tell them they got Zapped.

I mean, if the kids are cool with it, they're cool with being accessories to tasteless jokes. In that sense, this is low-rent Here Comes Honey Boo Boo in a lame sketch format. And I say that knowing full well that Honey Boo Boo aimed for the lowest common denominator.

Some people don't ask themselves what their kids will think of them after they've grown up and are incapable of success in the modern era.

I mean if they put the ink on the floor for the prank and acted shocked or whatever it could have been harmless but when you're yelling at your kids to "Get the fuck up here now" and "I know you both are fucking lying again" then you're pretty much a piece of shit. I'm sorry but you don't talk to your young kids like that.

That's the most damning aspect of it. It's not that they mislead the kids, and then coyly reveal the truth - they try to make them truly frightened and scared, then dismiss doing so under the auspices of a joke.

I ain't fucking laughing.

FTF

Holy shit, that's fucking abuse. The video where they make the kids slap and hit each other...wtf. Fuck these parents and I hope CPS and the law gets involved.

Gattsu25

Banned
Holy shit, that's fucking abuse. The video where they make the kids slap and hit each other...wtf. Fuck these parents and I hope CPS and the law gets involved.

Yeah, that video was horrible.

I hope CPS is paying good attention now.

Also, their trash ass fans need to stop caping for these abusers.

Biske

And their defense its just "fake" "exaggerated" "scripted out"

Your best defense is that you are faking child abuse, that you are exaggerating child abuse, that you are scripting out child abuse.

Your best defense is that you have a FUCKING CHANNEL DEDICATED TO MAKING IT LOOK LIKE YOU ABUSE YOUR KIDS.

FUCK.

Humanity was a god damned mistake.

Stoze

It's disgusting, and the "it's fake" argument is such a crock of shit. I feel so damn bad for kids, but especially Cody, fucking hell.

Cmagus

Even looking at more clips in the DeFranco video, they make it look like one of the kids are breaking in and he comes down with a loaded gun screaming and yelling like what the hell is going through their head. I feel bad for Cody, he is seriously gonna grow up and have behavioral problems or worse if they keep up with this stuff, he is obviously not alright with any of it.

norm9

This is how you curate the perfect psychopath from unmolded potential. The type of fucker that would broadcast their shit too.

At this point wouldn't the kids just know when their parents are full of shit and making a video? Who's to say they aren't in on the joke anyways?

I know that might be a scum thing to say but' it's something that should be considered

In all likelihood, they probably don't know when their parents are making a video and when they are actually angry about something. And the stuff like the kids hitting each other and the dad casually punching his kid are basically happening outside of the pranks. I mean when you have a video of your kids playing a game where they hit each other, well that's not really a prank is it? Even if the kids are tolerant of the pranks, the violence is very real and should absolutely not be considered okay.

And the way the stepmom talks about how Cody has major issues and then the parents talk about how Cody's reactions are "sometimes" 100% real is just all kinds of messed up. I mean if you know your kid is having such an extreme reaction to your pranks and you're still doing them, well that's just incredibly fucked up.

Hyun Sai

Holy Shit that was far worse than what I expected.

I can't even...

Don't even put me in the same piece than those 2 pieces of shit who call themselves "parents"...

Fuck.

Tahnit

Banned
what is the status of law enforcement/child services being notified about this. This is clearly abuse. No child can fake cry like that. That isnt an act.

Dryk

Wow when the father said "It's just a prank brah!" and starts laughing you immediately know the kind of person that is. There is no way they can get out of this one. No getting out of this one dude.
You can tell what kind of people they are way sooner, this sort of thing only works if their "discipline" is already like that

watching this compilation of Cody's abuse made my blood boil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqD6YoiHJ1k&feature=youtu.be

just what the fuck

Oh my God. They just berated their young child on camera for like 10 minutes while he was trying to clean his room. Why would you do that? You can just tell he would give anything for that horrible moment to end but it just went on. If you've ever been teased or humiliated in front of everyone, you might agree that the worst part is how the bully just won't fucking go away.

I really hope CPS makes their decision like... today. This needs to stop immediately.

I don't even like Kimmel's Halloween candy videos (they're funny, yes, but I don't like pranks or practical jokes that make kids unhappy). These seem to be straight-up abuse. There's no reason to yell and curse at your child or hurt them physically.

I'll take that L.

Parts of Maryland can be as redneck as anything in the deep south. We are below the Mason-Dixon Line, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom