• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Leftovers S3 |OT| The End Is Near - Premieres Sunday 4/16, 9pm on HBO

~Kinggi~

Banned
where the fuck the hype people i dont see adequate hype you all going to hell

i mean look at the reviews this is the best thing since jesus made bread

Ok I'm starting to believe. Sepinwall has been on board since the beginning and loved S2 as much as I did. Cannot wait.

Especially this quote. Oh man.

Speaking of art, while other dramas like Fargo and Big Little get lots of deserved attention for their eclectic soundtrack choices, the work Leftovers music supervisor Liza Richardson does in concert with the rest of the show’s creative team is so remarkable and spot-on, many of the songs feel like Lindelof traveled way back in time and told the composer, “You don’t know me, but in 2017, I’ll be making an obscure but critically-acclaimed TV show that’s going to need a song exactly like this.”

AKgoGHL.jpg

Variety
The new season of The Leftovers is spectacular, in every sense of that word.

Grade: A

Newsday: 'The Leftovers’ review: One of TV’s best series is ambitious, baffling
For fans of The Leftovers, the third season looks like the best yet. It’s funny, horrifying, strange and baffling.

Grade: A-

Kadin

Got into this series waaaaay late (last month) and just finished up season 2. What a weird and wonderful show this is. I definitely see similarities to Lost in various ways and that's my #2 show of all time (Breaking Bad will always be #1). Can't wait to see how this final season plays out, glad to be all caught up!

kaskade

Those reviews. I guess they gave out the whole season to reviewers? I'm so happy to see that it's well received. Season 2 was such an amazing turnaround from one. If it was going to be a short lived show it's pretty great that they got to give it the ending that it deserves.

Geist-

The fucking reviews for this are pushing my hype through the motherfucking roof.

giphy.gif

Real question. S02 intro was meh, especially compared to goat first one.
I hated it at first too, but it grew on me really fast thanks to the visuals. So satisfyingly sad.

Just finished listening to Talking TV with Ryan and Ryan and they were raving about the new season. Will have to resubscribe to HBO for this tomorrow.

Those reviews. I guess they gave out the whole season to reviewers? I'm so happy to see that it's well received. Season 2 was such an amazing turnaround from one. If it was going to be a short lived show it's pretty great that they got to give it the ending that it deserves.

They got seven of the eight episodes

Kadin

Is it normal for review sites to be given so much of an upcoming season to review? Glad to see the impressions coming out are so positive.

Of the million other things about the finale that hits me right *there*, I can't get over how well they handled Matt's wife waking up. That destroys me every time.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finished my re-watch just in time. So good!

Also regarding the opening credits, even though i like both a prefer S2.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
wow... reading those reviews is unbelievable.

season 2 was incredible television. honestly didn't think it could be topped.

gdt

Oh man oh man. My favorite show on tv returns. I think me and the gf are gonna let a few episodes pile up.... then catch up with time to spare for the finale.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season premiere is tonight!

The Book of Kevin

Season 3 begins three years after the Guilty Remnant descended on Miracle, Texas, where Kevin is now chief of police, a job that isn't made any easier by the fact that the seventh anniversary of the Sudden Departure is two weeks away, and many citizens are convinced that another apocalyptic event is in the offing.

Kadin

Oh man oh man. My favorite show on tv returns. I think me and the gf are gonna let a few episodes pile up.... then catch up with time to spare for the finale.
You have more willpower than I. I only just got into the show and there's no way I can let even one episode go without watching it as soon as it airs.

Vic_Viper

So hyped for this right now! The wait is killing me.

Think I'm going to rewatch either both seasons or at least the second in between waiting for the new episodes. Makes me wish all shows like this would be released all together like Netflix does.

Kadin

So hyped for this right now! The wait is killing me.

Think I'm going to rewatch either both seasons or at least the second in between waiting for the new episodes. Makes me wish all shows like this would be released all together like Netflix does.
Can we expect them to show all 8 back to back or will there be breaks like other shows do to pad out the season? I'm hoping they don't do this but so many other shows do.

Really excited, though I hope it does t start as slow as the second season.

Just finished rewatching the entire series, and while I like the first season a lot more, the second has some pretty great parts.

Top Bottom