• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! May |OT| Round 2! FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think as much happened to the delivery drivers, but the guy who drove on the freeway in the wrong direction died

woops misread it. i meant the other guy.

Just read Avengers vs X-men #3. How does Marvel get away with this? There was hardly anything going on at all. Where are the character fights?

1 comic for the story, 1 comic for the fight! 3.99 each! make mine marvel. lol :''(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
damn... amazing you say?

really didn't want to head out in this rain -_-

Don't then, wooooo digital!!

Having a good comics day today, Marvel finally put up the missing Ucanny X-Force issues up on Comixology, so I bought up to the end of Dark Angel. Read an issue right away, fuck yeah Opena!!

Also got Luther Strode through in trade today, looking forward to getting stuck in to it.

Slayven

Defenders #6 never piss off Silver Surfer, your kung fu is not strong enough to counter his soul sucking technique .

Don't then, wooooo digital!!

Having a good comics day today, Marvel finally put up the missing Ucanny X-Force issues up on Comixology, so I bought up to the end of Dark Angel. Read an issue right away, fuck yeah Opena!!

Also got Luther Strode through in trade today, looking forward to getting stuck in to it.

It kind of sucks if Marvel doesn't put the comics up though!

damn... amazing you say?

really didn't want to head out in this rain -_-

The rain isn't even that bad in NYC. I did it and they didn't even have Fury (though neither does another place which makes me wonder if the release info was off as they said the truck didn't affect them) :(

Did get GI Combat though. Fuck yeah American Military vs Dinosaurs!

EDIT: Fuck me I somehow missed GI Combat being on Comixology....well I feel like a schmuck. I forgot it was DC and thus day and date. That and I think I wanted to get something while I was there anyway. lol

yea i'm being kind of a bum here.
I was being the same way earlier. I'm just bummed out that Fury didn't come out today.

haha i like going digital for most things, but for 1st run 1st issues i like to have a hard copy for my collection.

Well looks like it worked out for me with GI Combat...not that buying a hard copy is bad or anything...I'm just annoyed I somehow forgot it would be on Comixology and that it was DC and thus it would be Day and Date.

Daredevil #12

227839420.gif

FoneBone

Dial H #1 was good stuff. Action Comics too, even if it's just a Multiversity prologue (ANNOUNCE THE DAMN THING ALREADY, DC).

ElNarez

Banned
Dial H #1 was good stuff. Action Comics too, even if it's just a Multiversity prologue (ANNOUNCE THE DAMN THING ALREADY, DC).

This needs to be repeated. It was the most Morrison issue yet. It was crazy, subversive and uplifting. Brilliant stuff. You need to read it.

Mafro

actually i liked the magik/dr. strange thing. t
So much nonsense with that bit, though.
How come Daredevil's senses, Iron Man's armour or Spider-Man's spider sense didn't detect that? Also love how Cap just believed what Rachel was saying, despite the fact she's a mutant and could easily be helping Cyclops (which she was of course was).

Think I'm done with AvX proper after this issue. I don't hate it like some here, and I really wanted the payoff to the long-running Phoenix/Hope subplot to deliver, but it's gotten to the point where I'm reading it more because it's "important" to the superior Aaron/Gillen tie-ins than because I'm actually enjoying it on its own merits. Oh well, that'll save me $36 through September.

Owzers

Yay, dcbs shipment came today and read:

AvX #1 and #2 : I actually liked #1 somewhat, but #2's dialog, encounters, and fight narration boxes were eye-rollingly terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. I've already pre-ordered through issue #6 so i'm in, i'll sell the set after it ends on ebay to recoup some money so i don't feel bad about indulging mediocrity.

Before Watchmen might be creatively bankrupt as a ploy to generate sales, but the books at least have a chance of being good. AvX doesn't even really have that.

Invincible #90 - Good times, there was one panel in particular that i found to be amazing. I'm glad this book is still rolling along mostly strong even if it's not as good as it used to be.

I haven't looked at anything yet but here's what I picked up today.

Marvel Comics:
Avengers Academy #29
Avengers vs X-Men #3
Daredevil #12
Exiled #1
WatXM Alpha and Omega #5
X-Factor #235

DC Comics:
Action Comics #9 (heard about the Siegel/Shuster parallels and had to see it for myself)

Other Publishers:
X-O Manowar #1 (Cary Nord doing barbarians again... but in space!)

Can't make it to the store today. I'm very curious to hear opinions on the new round of DC stuff.
I flipped through the Earth-2 book for the Nicola Scott artwork, and put it back on the shelf. The twist ending called by the online crowd months ago turned out to be 100% accurate.

DISH (in spoiler tags obv)

It's not a twist ending per se, as it happens a ways before the end of the issue, but I assume what he's referring to is that
Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman all die. The book's main focus is the formation of the Justice Society five years later.

DISH (in tags obv)
The three characters on the cover? They don't survive the first issue.

As predicted, it's a bait-and-switch maneuver to draw readers in with the Big Three then remove them from the equation to focus on the real cast. The Trinity nobly sacrifice their lives to end the invasion from Apokolips, leaving the regular JSA cast to emerge later and usher in a new age of heroism in their memory. Of interest to you specifically, Satchwar: Wonder Woman comes down with a fatal case of swordthruchest; also, Jay Garrick appears to be getting his powers directly from the god Mercury/Hermes at the very end.

Satch

Banned
It's not a twist ending per se, as it happens a ways before the end of the issue, but I assume what he's referring to is that
Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman all die. The book's main focus is the formation of the Justice Society five years later.

As predicted, it's a bait-and-switch maneuver to draw readers in with the Big Three then remove them from the equation to focus on the real cast. The Trinity nobly sacrifice their lives to end the invasion from Apokolips, leaving the regular JSA cast to emerge later and usher in a new age of heroism in their memory. Of interest to you specifically, Satchwar: Wonder Woman comes down with a fatal case of swordthruchest; also, Jay Garrick appears to be getting his powers directly from the god Mercury/Hermes at the very end.

The Hermes thing with Garrick is kinda interesting I guess, but :( at the rest

Slayven

My nipples are so hard from reading that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom