• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Poor bastard ahead of me got MarioKart'd pretty hard. Got hit by my Red shell, bonk'd into a Throwmb, and a Blue Shell was thrown at him when I had already passed him into first, but it still went after him anyway.

weekev

Banned
Man decided not to pick this up because I've played the WiiU aversion to hell but then I found out about auto drive and auto accelerate which means I can play with my family so decided to pick it up...now it's outta stock! I guess I can be patient.

Tahnit

Banned
Man decided not to pick this up because I've played the WiiU aversion to hell but then I found out about auto drive and auto accelerate which means I can play with my family so decided to pick it up...now it's outta stock! I guess I can be patient.

Get it digitally. This is one game ya Wana have ready at all times.

JimiNutz

Banned
I loved this game on the Wii U and can't wait to play it again soon (especially the new Battletmode). Fuck I need to try and get my hands on a Switch asap!

Using the Super Horn with an Inkling is so cool because you get that little "wa-wa-hoo!" at the end.

Edit: Shoutouts to double items! Got a Horn right as a Blue was flying toward me.

Theorymon

Fun times everyone!

I gotta ween myself off of bikes and using that biddy buggy thing. Not my proudest run of races today lol

(P.S. 200cc is the best)

Durden77

Played this pretty much all day with the gf. So glad to have the best Mario Kart not only on a far better system than it was originally teleased on, but just one of the coolest fucking systems out there period. Portable mode is amazing.

So can some one re-explain some stuff with the stats for me? What's traction and how is it different from handling?

Also if I remember right, the acceleration stat only goes by each section of the stat bar right? Like if I have a kart that gives me 3 1/2 bars of acceleration, really it only gives me 3, right? If that makes sense.

Every time I try to 3-star the Special Cup at 150cc and I'm right near the finish line on Rainbow Road in 1st place, I get hit with lightning and then get bombarded with shells while the rest of the racers pass me by. Or something to that effect. It is driving me completely nuts!

giapel

Is there a way to view your own time trial times anywhere? The only way I see at the moment is select a course to run then pick your own ghost. Surely that can't be the only way.

Blues1990

I'm really bummed that the Mii's have a static expression, rather than emoting like they did in the original Wii U release.

It's really starting to bug me, as I love playing as my Mii avatar in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Persona7

Banned
Can someone with an ethernet adapter test something for me? If you place the switch into airplane mode (specifically wifi set to off) and then set it onto a dock with a ethernet adapter does it remain in airplane mode once you pull it off again?

Neiteio

The COLORS in this game!

2017050103341800-1685rbucw.jpg

2017050103342900-1685oqudg.jpg

2017050103350400-1685nluu3.jpg

2017050103363600-1685ktuvg.jpg

2017050103372800-1685h6ucl.jpg

Anyone have this problem in Balloon Battle where the items take ages to select, and when they do it's always green shells? It only happens in that specific game.

Random thing some people will be interested to know.

I purchased a local physical copy of MK8D in Australia but my Nintendo Account was set as USA.

In online matches, I would show up as being from the USA with a USA flag. However, if I chose "Regional" for matchmaking, I would still get put into games with all Australians. They probably thought it was weird I was in "their" games.

Swapping my Nintendo Account region back to Australia changed the flag in game to Australian again.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Is there definitely no way to change the volume mix? I can't stand how loud the SFX are compared to the OST.

Anyone have this problem in Balloon Battle where the items take ages to select, and when they do it's always green shells? It only happens in that specific game.
Yes and i thought it was just my mind playing tricks then it took longer, but sometimes it feels like ages...

Plus the GAF 150 races are brutal...it's not even that you are all awesome at driving...but the items thrown at you in the last corner are crazy...I only played 4 races this night and had to leave before actually raging to hard :)

ChrisD

OH NO YOU DON'T, PAUL

Oh gosh it's almost 4AM, I should sleep
But Mario Kart
..last one

Did they make all wheels act like Slicks do in 8? Because I hated how other wheels felt in OG8 after using the Slicks. Here I'm using Roller, and they feel wonderful. Like they're the same

JonnyKong

Can you unlock vehicles etc from the coins you get playing online? I haven't really bothered playing single player, and I feel like I haven't unlocked anything in ages :(

Shahadan

Can you unlock vehicles etc from the coins you get playing online? I haven't really bothered playing single player, and I feel like I haven't unlocked anything in ages :(

Yeah online works. You just have to go back to the main menu everytime you unpack something. Shit is annoying, especially on switch with sleep mode, lol

Yes you can but you have to start up any type of game offline and go to the Kart select part then you get the new part, then you go back and repeat...it's a bit shitty but it doesn't take awfully long

ChrisD

Man I have screwed myself over way too many times already by accidentally releasing the L Button and dropping my defense. I don't really like the triggers on the JoyCons haha.. They need just a bit more compression.

ImboSlice

Had no time posting over the weekend.

Just wanted to say: WOW.

Nothing prepared me for the image quality in handheld mode. SO. CRISP. HOLY. MOLY.

Game is an absolute blast. I skipped the Wii and the Wii U, so I think Double Dash was my last MK? Feels so good to be back.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Love the game, but I can't understand how the netcode on a game years old can be this fucking shit. Constant connection failures, matches ending in connection error, unable to connect... and I literally live on top of a fiber switch, my ping is 2ms.

Love the game, but I can't understand how the netcode on a game years old can be this fucking shit. Constant connection failures, matches ending in connection error, unable to connect... and I literally live on top of a fiber switch, my ping is 2ms.

Yeah I got more connection errors with Mario Kart than I did in 10 years of playing World of Warcraft.

69wpm

It was never this bad on Wii U. Heck, I can’t remember getting any connection errors. People lagging from time to time is normal but this on Switch is something else. It probably has something to do with how many people are online and the servers not being able to keep up. Hopefully, we’ll see some maintenance soon.

Top Bottom